PDA

View Full Version : Any Boxing Fans?

WillBrink
03-24-15, 10:04
This is Roberto "Hands of Stone" Durán's bar and restaurant right by my condo in Panama City. Roberto is always there and plays with the band, etc. He's a hell of a nice guy to boot. For boxing fans, the place is full of cool memorabilia from a time when boxing was big stuff. I used to watch his fights back in the day. His hands were not the only thing made of stone. His jaw was granite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0g8-KVp06s

BIGUGLY
03-24-15, 11:33
I enjoy boxing, I liked it at the academy and its a fun workout as long as your not getting pummeled. I quit watching a lot of boxing due to the sheer cost of it. having to spend 60 to 90 bucks just to watch. If I want to spend that I will go to a hockey game. I will occasionally watch MMA but I just feel boxing has a more chess match quality to it, ( if you can say that bout beating another person silly).

Smash
03-24-15, 11:42
I enjoy boxing, I liked it at the academy and its a fun workout as long as your not getting pummeled. I quit watching a lot of boxing due to the sheer cost of it. having to spend 60 to 90 bucks just to watch. If I want to spend that I will go to a hockey game. I will occasionally watch MMA but I just feel boxing has a more chess match quality to it, ( if you can say that bout beating another person silly).

I have always been a big fan of boxing and wish it would return to the glory days. I would say as a comparison for MMA, watching two jiu jitsu or ground artists is equally a chess match as much as some boxing welterweights.

I have HBO and Showtime and watch all of those fights. Occasionally, I'll watch ESPN Friday Night Fights(You really have to like boxing to watch some of the less than awesome talent that appears here). I dont pay for pay-per-view fights but watch them the following Sunday at 9am on HBO or Showtime. Even knowing the outcome it is still fun to see the chess match as you mentioned.