PDA

View Full Version : New SIG P220 Carry

SlimMan
03-25-15, 13:43
A couple of weeks ago my new SIG Sauer P220 arrived and I was able to get out to the range last Friday. It is the carry size, SAS model (no rail, short reset trigger, and NS). I must say, as a pretty dedicated 1911 guy, I was still very impressed with the trigger and accuracy of the gun. I don't have huge experience with SA/DA guns (I've only owned 3) but the SIG has an excellent SA pull and the best DA pull of any of the SA/DA pistols I've owned. That said, I will need more work to get totally comfortable with the DA pull, especially for a quick first shot. The SRT is outstanding; reset is very short and easy to feel.

Before I started losing concentration after about 150 rounds, accuracy was as good as my 1911s (very good) shooting 200 gr LSWC. In my hands a 6 o'clock hold was required to punch out the x-ring. There were no failures to feed/function. I didn't notice the higher bore axis being an issue. Perhaps in rapid fire it will be more noticeable trying to reacquire the target. Field stripping and cleaning--a piece of cake. Anyhow, so far, so good with the new pistol.

WickedWillis
03-25-15, 13:55
Every Sig I have ever fired I have personally shot exceptionally well. In the DA/SA game I believe they have the smoothest triggers out there.

RWH24
03-25-15, 19:05
Every Sig I have ever fired I have personally shot exceptionally well. In the DA/SA game I believe they have the smoothest triggers out there.

I'll agree and get smoother the more it is shot. Best action job available. Shot in smooth.

My Sig 226 Dark Elite 9mm has the SRT. DA trigger pull is 12+ lbs, SA is 4.4 on Lyman digital gauge.
DA is smooth, just HEAVY. It came to me only slightly used with a 10 round mag.

My Sig P239 9mm is smooth and sweet from all it has been shot. Needs a spring exchange soon too.

Sensei
03-25-15, 23:04
I'll agree and get smoother the more it is shot. Best action job available. Shot in smooth.

My Sig 226 Dark Elite 9mm has the SRT. DA trigger pull is 12+ lbs, SA is 4.4 on Lyman digital gauge.
DA is smooth, just HEAVY. It came to me only slightly used with a 10 round mag.

My Sig P239 9mm is smooth and sweet from all it has been shot. Needs a spring exchange soon too.

That is a rather heavy DA weight. Using a Timney gauge I get 10lbs on my P226's. All of mine now have the SRT as well.

RWH24
03-26-15, 16:44
That is a rather heavy DA weight. Using a Timney gauge I get 10lbs on my P226's. All of mine now have the SRT as well.

Tell me about it..The 226's we issued in early 90's were in the 12's DA. Newer 226's finally went down to 10+
The DAK's were 7.5-8 when new.
When I picked up this 226 the DA pull was the first thing that got my attention. 10 rnd mag was the second.
I guess i could replace the mainspring to get DA pull lighter.