PDA

View Full Version : Heads up about Bobro T1/2 mounts!

WS6
03-25-15, 19:14
Just an FYI, buy 1 size taller than you want, if you are looking for something similar to LaRue/ADM/Everyone else regarding height.

If you want "Absolute", buy the "Lower 1/3", if you want "Lower 1/3", buy Bobro's "Tall". These will correlate with the rest of the industry standard.

Just sharing my observations.

PatrioticDisorder
03-25-15, 19:43
Just an FYI, buy 1 size taller than you want, if you are looking for something similar to LaRue/ADM/Everyone else regarding height.

If you want "Absolute", buy the "Lower 1/3", if you want "Lower 1/3", buy Bobro's "Tall". These will correlate with the rest of the industry standard.

Just sharing my observations.

Maybe they sent you the wrong mount?

WS6
03-25-15, 19:57
Maybe they sent you the wrong mount?

No, I have the correct mount. Their website agrees with my assessment. They are simply 1 size off. Here is a quote:

The Aimpoint Micro T1 High Mount provides a 1.7″ height riser which is .20″ over a Lower 1⁄3rd co-witness when mounted on the AR15/M16 weapon platform.
http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/20/

In what world is "lower 1/3" 1.5" centerline above rail? That is "Absolute" by every definition I know of, on the M4 platform.

I'm not complaining or anything of the nature. I am simply providing data so that someone doesn't buy the wrong mount for their purposes.

PatrioticDisorder
03-25-15, 20:24
No, I have the correct mount. Their website agrees with my assessment. They are simply 1 size off. Here is a quote:

http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/20/

In what world is "lower 1/3" 1.5" centerline above rail? That is "Absolute" by every definition I know of, on the M4 platform.

I'm not complaining or anything of the nature. I am simply providing data so that someone doesn't buy the wrong mount for their purposes.

Thank you for the heads up, I'll be ordering my first Bobro Aimpoint micro mount within a few weeks. I would have been very disappointed had I bought a 1/3 lower to find out it was really absolute. Why on earth do they mislabel them?

WS6
03-25-15, 20:30
Thank you for the heads up, I'll be ordering my first Bobro Aimpoint micro mount within a few weeks. I would have been very disappointed had I bought a 1/3 lower to find out it was really absolute. Why on earth do they mislabel them?

I have no idea, but here is a picture someone else took. The mounts are all listed as "Lower 1/3" by their manufacturers except for the ADM, which is listed as "Absolute". You can see that the Bobro is ALLLLLMMOOOSSTTTT as low, in "lower 1/3" format, as the "Absolute" ADM, and significantly lower than the LaRue "Lower 1/3", and ADM "Lower 1/3".

This disparity was brought to my attention because I have a Bobro "Absolute" co-witness which does not line up like it should with my G33 magnifier without the G33's spacer. I was under the impression it should line up perfectly, and when it didn't, I went to Google, and found the data I've presented in this thread. Now, I don't mind, as I didn't buy the G33 for this rifle, and I have a GDI Absolute co-witness on my T2, which will be run with the G33, but I still wanted to present this info for others who might be rather non-plused about it.

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp80/d_ivie/DSC_1723_zpsqbvova5a.jpg

Tx_Aggie
03-26-15, 06:08
The Samson RAM Micro Aimpoint mounts are the same. Their "lower 1/3" is 1.5" and their "tall" is 1.7". I found out the same way you did, buy buying a Samson lower 1/3 and realizing it was shorter than some of my other lower 1/3 mounts when it didn't line up correctly with a magnifier.