PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a GemTech Suppressor for a Daniel Defense MK18?

easystreetguns
03-26-15, 08:34
I am looking to buy a suppressor for my DDMK18. I see alot of posts about Advanced Armament and Surefire suppressors but does anyone have any experience with Gemtech? I really like the fit of the Gemtech G5 on the DDMK18.

arptsprt
03-26-15, 15:35
I have a Trek T on a dedicated suppressed DDMk18 upper. I had initial fits with reliability of the set-up. DD took care of me but the upper was still way over gassed until I installed an adjustable gas block (Syrac Gen II). Now it's a good set-up.

The suppressor has been fine (about 2000 through it) though I wish I would have went the QD route. Direct thread is fine since it's dedicated to this upper. Fit is really nice - I think I read the Trek-T was primarily made with the assumption it would go on a 10.3 with the Mk18 rail. It certainly seems like it was made for it. For the record I have a BCM BFH 11.5 upper with the Mk18 rail and a 12.5 BCM KINO with a 9" KMR rail. I have used the Trek-T on the 11.5 without issue. Erosion does not seem excessive.