PDA

View Full Version : Battlecomp vs. Dynacomp

PKendall317
03-27-15, 18:17
So I'm in the process of working on an upper build, just ordered BCM KMR handguard for it, and am looking at what muzzle device I want. The top contender is the Battlecomp 1.0, but I've also looked at the Spike's Dynacomp and the BCM Compensator, the last two on that list I can find locally much easier and are also cheaper.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on this or suggestions? I don't have much experience with anything other than the A2 which sits on my SBR.

Hemoglobin
03-27-15, 18:33
No experience with the spikes. You really won't find that much love for spikes here, but maybe. You'll need to just decide what way you want to go with things. More interested in flash with a little muzzle control or vice versa. There's some good comparisons on the web and on this site. If I was ordering a non suppressor specific muzzle device for a weapon I would go with the BCM for a jack of all trades inexpensive device or go with something else all together. Just do some searches.

elephantrider
03-27-15, 18:35
I would reccomend neither the Battlecomp nor the Dynacomp. Both are a little bit old-tech in terms of comp style muzzle device design IMO. I've owned a couple Battlecomps and didn't like the downward muzzle push it creates. Also, Battlecomp adds some back pressure on the gas system. I quit fooling around with comp style muzzle devices a while ago, but just based on the info. from this forum, I would advise looking at the Precision Armament AFAB mini, or EFAB hybrid muzzle devices. Both seem to have good to excellent muzzle compensation and flash reduction without much, if any, increase in back pressure.

SomeOtherGuy
03-27-15, 19:53
I would reccomend neither the Battlecomp nor the Dynacomp. Both are a little bit old-tech in terms of comp style muzzle device design IMO. I've owned a couple Battlecomps and didn't like the downward muzzle push it creates. *** but just based on the info. from this forum, I would advise looking at the Precision Armament AFAB mini, or EFAB hybrid muzzle devices. Both seem to have good to excellent muzzle compensation and flash reduction without much, if any, increase in back pressure.

I agree with this. I've used both the Battlecomp and Dynacomp and am not highly impressed with either one. Griffin makes a similar device in regular and "flash comp" versions; the regular version is basically the same as the BC/DC, but the flash comp version seems to have more recoil reduction, in addition to reducing flash. I can somewhat recommend that based on personal experience. The Precision Armament devices sound better still, but I haven't used them. The BCM has not had good reviews from people I've talked to who own them.

There is a big big test of devices with measurements of recoil reduction here:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/11/jeremy-s/556-muzzle-device-shootout/

It's not gospel but I think it's worth reviewing before you buy.

If your carbine is for all-around use, the cheap, old school, boring-as-dirt A2 flash hider is actually a pretty good compromise with no major drawbacks. For dedicated gamer use, I would get a conventional muzzle brake. Most of the devices that provide meaningful recoil reduction also add a lot of blast and noise.

Hank6046
03-27-15, 20:30
I have a BCM Comp mod 0, I really like it for something that does everything well, having said that, my other rifle has a PWS Fsc 556 comp pinned and welded and I love that as a pure compensator, Griffin also has some great offerings, if I was to get rid of my BCM i'd probably go with a Griffin armament

Jwknutson17
03-27-15, 21:02
I have used all of the devices discussed here minus the dynacomp. I have to agree that the battlecomp is pretty far down the list. The bcm does a ok job. Same with the Pws. The PA EFAB is outstanding. Just like my MAMS. These are the closet feeling to neutral muzzle movement other the my surefire brakes, etc. If money didn't matter and you could find a MAMS that would be my first choice. Second would be the EFAB. While I only have a few hundred on the EFAB, it outperforms BCM comps, every battlecomp I've ever shot, and every other muzzle device that's not a brake hands down. While I'm not saying that others are bad choices, there are just better devices out there now that have had a lot more R&D go into them. Look up the EFAB. It is baffles if you will all the way down the muzzle device with the ports being drilled each at 3 separate angles, it is a piece of art that performs outstanding.

Hank6046
03-27-15, 22:25
Second would be the EFAB. While I only have a few hundred on the EFAB, it outperforms BCM comps, every battlecomp I've ever shot, and every other muzzle device that's not a brake hands down. While I'm not saying that others are bad choices, there are just better devices out there now that have had a lot more R&D go into them. Look up the EFAB. It is baffles if you will all the way down the muzzle device with the ports being drilled each at 3 separate angles, it is a piece of art that performs outstanding.

Yes, this is what I was talking about http://www.griffinarmament.com/M4SD-5-56-Flash-Comp-1-2x28-p/xhp556fc.htm, the EFAB is from Precision Armament and not from Griffin, but I've heard nothing but good things, the question is, is it $50 better, I don't know, but I hope it helps your search

Grip
03-28-15, 01:16
I never had any "downward push" with any battlecomp. I have the 1.0 and 51T.

RWH24
03-28-15, 01:32
A video Highjak86 Made on this subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSPOHvoVyiA

RWH24
03-28-15, 01:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmuFgWbki-E

RWH24
03-28-15, 01:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVzL0wjYgcw

RWH24
03-28-15, 01:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlikAdNoGo

Jwknutson17
03-28-15, 08:40
Yes, this is what I was talking about http://www.griffinarmament.com/M4SD-5-56-Flash-Comp-1-2x28-p/xhp556fc.htm, the EFAB is from Precision Armament and not from Griffin, but I've heard nothing but good things, the question is, is it $50 better, I don't know, but I hope it helps your search

Yes from PA, not Griffin. Don't know why I typed that. Nevertheless I would pay the 50 difference in a heart beat. I was skeptical about the MAMS at 300 but needed it for my QDC suppressor. Then I was even more skeptical about the PA EFEB because it looked similar and half the price. I would put the EFAB on every rifle if I didn't run cans and needed the mounting capabilities. With my range time on it so far. I really am impressed. I'll try to take a video here soon. You won't be disappointed with it.

markm
03-28-15, 09:04
I never had any "downward push" with any battlecomp. I have the 1.0 and 51T.

I'd never felt that push either... UNTIL Pappabear put one on his 10.5 LMT. I can feel it clearly. In my experience, BattleComp works more as the barrel gets shorter. On a 16" barrel, it's almost doing nothing. 10.5 it's almost doing TOO much.

11.5-12.5 is, in my opinion, the BC's sweet spot.

BufordTJustice
03-28-15, 09:58
Yes from PA, not Griffin. Don't know why I typed that. Nevertheless I would pay the 50 difference in a heart beat. I was skeptical about the MAMS at 300 but needed it for my QDC suppressor. Then I was even more skeptical about the PA EFEB because it looked similar and half the price. I would put the EFAB on every rifle if I didn't run cans and needed the mounting capabilities. With my range time on it so far. I really am impressed. I'll try to take a video here soon. You won't be disappointed with it.
I too am a huge fan of the precision armament EFAB. I did a comparison between it and the MAMS here a little while ago. The EFAB is worth every penny. I use it on my personal gun and love it.

A cheaper, yet still excellent alternative is the AFAB mini, also from PA or the Griffin armament M4SD II flash comp..... In that order of preference.

Plasman
03-28-15, 10:44
The Griffin flash comp gets my vote too. I have a bunch of them after trying out other comps (including battle comp, which I found pushed the muzzle down).

I just got the new Griffin Hammer Comp and will be testing it out at a class next weekend.

Grip
03-28-15, 11:53
I have one on a 16" and a 13.7"

NCHornet
03-28-15, 18:46
I have used both of the ones you mention and they do what they claim, just make sure you have muff's on!!!!! I ended up trying the Griffin and am now working on replacing the others with the Griffin. It does everything the others claim but at a much better price that is inline for what it is. No need to pay $100+ for a muzzle device!!!! YMMV?
NCH

BufordTJustice
03-28-15, 19:47
I have used both of the ones you mention and they do what they claim, just make sure you have muff's on!!!!! I ended up trying the Griffin and am now working on replacing the others with the Griffin. It does everything the others claim but at a much better price that is inline for what it is. No need to pay $100+ for a muzzle device!!!! YMMV?
NCH
The flash comp is a solid deal, but I've shot it as well and it doesn't begin to compare to the EFAB. The EFAB has significantly less recoil and muzzle blast, along with essentially no flash, as compared to the Griffin. The Griffin is also handily outclassed by the AFAB mini with regard to recoil reduction, blast, and flash. But the Griffin is the least expensive of the three and performs in line with its price.