PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 MOS

MWT
03-31-15, 09:28
Hi everyone,

Hope no one posted the news about the Glock 17 MOS yet :D (searched, just found everyone wishing for one)
I got news after talking with a European Glock distributor that these will be arriving within the next two weeks here to dealers across Europe.
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/mikemclmm/Glock17MOS_zps2b0s89fx.png (http://s292.photobucket.com/user/mikemclmm/media/Glock17MOS_zps2b0s89fx.png.html)

-MWT

Voodoo_Man
03-31-15, 09:33
sweet

Moshjath
03-31-15, 12:49
Any G19 MOS news?

saints75
03-31-15, 21:56
Nice. Now you do not have to get a custom job.

call_me_ski
03-31-15, 22:07
what micro red dot is that in the picture?

Turnkey11
03-31-15, 22:29
Now if they would just make a MOS model with factory threaded barrel and tall sights.

Vash1023
04-01-15, 00:58

from the oval shape of the hood id say leupold

call_me_ski
04-01-15, 01:16
from the oval shape of the hood id say leupold

buttons on the side means it cannot be a leupy delta point or delta point pro.

MWT
04-01-15, 02:28
Any G19 MOS news?

They said "we will not make a G17 MOS" just 2 months ago, then they showed it at IWA March 4'th (European ShotShow, but worse and mainly for hunters), so let's just wait and see.

No clue. It's not anything I can find in optics catalogs from Meopta, Insight, C-More...

Now if they would just make a MOS model with factory threaded barrel and tall sights.

The factory threaded barrel is available in Scandinavian countries where suppressor use is sometimes mandatory (hunters for example must use them in certain areas). Besides after talking with their reps at IWA, I came to a conclusion they are like Porsche, with their "it's already great, why change it" attitude :D

call_me_ski
04-01-15, 02:32
If the MOS series prove big sellers then it is logical for glock to expand the line to include the smaller guns. red dots on pistols are only going to become more common as time goes on.

Eurodriver
04-01-15, 06:47
I came to a conclusion they are like Porsche, with their "it's already great, why change it" attitude :D

No doubt about that, for both companies.

Porsche hasn't made a styling change in almost 30 years, and Gaston most likely allowed the G43 release so he didn't look like a dumbass - not for any real reason.

TAZ
04-01-15, 10:00
That is cool. I was going to maybe get a 1911 as my next purchase; but a 17MOS will probably put me back into another Glock.

call_me_ski
04-01-15, 11:56
No doubt about that, for both companies.

Porsche hasn't made a styling change in almost 30 years, and Gaston most likely allowed the G43 release so he didn't look like a dumbass - not for any real reason.

Yet 30 years on many companies are still scrambling to catch up to Glock. Change is slow moving in the firearms industry and when you compare the Glock to two of the other popular arms on the american market (1911 and ar15) the Glock becomes the adolescent new comer. Glock will change as soon as we as consumers force them too (like a single stack 9mm which had become the firearm industry's Keyser Söze). However, we as consumers don't want a new Lexus, we want a trusty old Lada, and Gaston is happy to sell it to us. We prefer small evolutionary changes to products we know, and the MOS series presents that while reacting to industry trends. If they sell, Glock will expand the line, it is that simple.

themonk
04-01-15, 12:18
Gaston most likely allowed the G43 release so he didn't look like a dumbass - not for any real reason.

One thing we know about Gaston is he sure likes money.

im.runandgun
04-01-15, 18:46
Or that is his ex does............

scootle
04-01-15, 19:19
So the photos that I've seen floating around seem to indicate that the MOS Glocks don't come with suppressor-height sights? Are they designed to co-witness with BUIS at all?

call_me_ski
04-01-15, 21:24
So the photos that I've seen floating around seem to indicate that the MOS Glocks don't come with suppressor-height sights? Are they designed to co-witness with BUIS at all?

Glock doesn't ship any of their pistols with usable sights.

MWT
04-02-15, 05:02

Yep, MOS models feature the same useless plastic Glock sights, but thanks to the addition of a mini rds, they are now even more useless.

jpmuscle
04-02-15, 07:27
You guys should be thankful they come milled for iron sights at all. If they didn't and were set up for an RDS only I'm they'd still be praised lol

TAZ
06-15-15, 09:15
Reviving this to see if anyone has heard more of this unicorn? Planning next purchase and would like to know if this is viable.

MWT
06-15-15, 09:32
They are available for purchase readily here in Europe. They should hit the US soon. (funny, the USA got the Glock 43 about 2 months before Europe did)

nimdabew
06-15-15, 10:45
Will these be usable in Production class? I can't see why not since it is a factory model.