PDA

View Full Version : How Pat Mac does the range

cbx
03-31-15, 14:18
For the Pat McNamara fans out there, you may really enjoy these videos.

https://youtu.be/fsmpYCU3xPQ

http://youtu.be/Fq-hQYcoVmw

Eurodriver
03-31-15, 14:37
I don't know how to phrase what I want to say.

brickboy240
03-31-15, 14:47
There are practical applications to practicing to shoot like that when you think about it.

In a defensive situation...you might indeed be out of breath from climbing up stairs or running and you might be carrying a small child or a bag of supplies.

Both Mac and Travis Haley have some interesting shooting drills...no doubt.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-31-15, 14:57
Rube Goldberg meets Macho Man Randy Savage - with a gun

ABNAK
03-31-15, 16:15
A rather intense individual.

NCPatrolAR
03-31-15, 16:21
I'll give him credit for climbing the fast rope. Not because its über challenging but because the tower that it's attached to has never seemed extremely sturdy to me (I'm on that range monthly)

Campbell
03-31-15, 16:47
I'm going to say it is always handy to have a shooting-macho-man- randy- savage on the team...better my team than the other one. At 48 I can still climb the rope without problems, but good shooting after, probably not.

Moose-Knuckle
03-31-15, 17:34
Like a boss!

Some how I don't think my local range will permit to attempt such drills lol.

I have to wonder what real world experiences he had as a Delta Assaulter to come up with some of his drills. For those that missed his BCM interview I was surprised to find out that the two hobbies he is most passionate about are bass fishing and birdwatching among being an accomplished photographer as well. He is a real renaissance man.

docsherm
03-31-15, 17:50
Anyone else want some Slim-Jims? :jester:

That is good training. I have done tons of drills like that and I will tell you that make you a much better shooter under stress.

SteyrAUG
03-31-15, 18:06
Impressive shooting (as always) from Pat, but honestly I could do without the WWF aspect of the video.

I've seen something as simple as 10 rapid pushup destroy a lot of competitive shooters. I'd hate to see my groups after climbing ladders, throwing heavy bags and rope climbing. It's my hope that I can start doing some of these kinds of exercises before I am too old to do them anymore.

philcam
03-31-15, 18:18
Pat is intense. I'd enjoy learning from him.

Inkslinger
03-31-15, 18:18
Mac is the guy Chuck Norris has nightmares about.

cbx
03-31-15, 20:43
Mac is the guy Chuck Norris has nightmares about.
That's funny right there.

cbx
03-31-15, 20:46
Pat is intense. I'd enjoy learning from him.
Makes me want to fly across the country just to take classes from him. Good hell that would be fun.

Only thing I can think to top that video would be him doing a backflip off the tail gate of the Chevy and throwing a tomahawk into target.

Git some!

JoshNC
03-31-15, 21:16
I'll give him credit for climbing the fast rope. Not because its über challenging but because the tower that it's attached to has never seemed extremely sturdy to me (I'm on that range monthly)

What range is that?

jdavis6576
03-31-15, 21:38
What range is that?

Trigger Time in Carthage, NC. I've taken two classes from Pat there, as well as two from LAV and several from DCNC. Good facility, and only a little over an hour from my home.