PDA

View Full Version : Clash 1977 white riot

Honu
04-02-15, 19:05
have to say they got it back then and understood what was up

strummer has said white middle class people are to cozy and whites or blacks with nothing to loose take action
not saying get violent more pointing fact when you got nothing you do more when the gov has you in a cozy place you fall in line

something to that effect he said in a interview some time past :)

but with todays going on and all the groups that either turn out in mass to protest or riot etc... have to say its pretty true
my view though often riots or group protests seem to backfire on normal folks but work for the far left liberals mainly cause of the media portrays them as the victims even though they are the one causing the issues and often issues that do not effect them at all

Clash – White Riot Lyrics
White riot - I want to riot
White riot - a riot of my own
White riot - I want to riot
White riot - a riot of my own

Black people gotta lot a problems
But they don't mind throwing a brick
White people go to school
Where they teach you how to be thick

An' everybody's doing
Just what they're told to
An' nobody wants
To go to jail!

All the power's in the hands
Of people rich enough to buy it
While we walk the street
Too chicken to even try it

Everybody's doing
Just what they're told to
Nobody wants
To go to jail!

Are you taking over
Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards
Or are you going forwards?

Moose-Knuckle
04-03-15, 04:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFiab7fjak

Business_Casual
04-03-15, 07:37
Unfortunately, his call to action was for proletariat revolution, the very thing the elite in the UK have spent trillions in buying off the lower classes to avoid. His lament is that they have been quite successful at it, IMO.

HKGuns
04-03-15, 08:17
Boy does this post bring back some good memories.........

Honu
04-03-15, 13:41
I saw the Clash in Brixton in 1982 :) quite the fun show

OK the video was kinda funny to match the lyric post :) could have been a 30 second vid since he repeated so much :)

HKGuns
04-03-15, 13:45
I saw them in 81, the first or one of the first shows after giving the Heroin addict drummer the boot. Small venue show that was absolutely fantastic.

Honu
04-03-15, 14:31
yeah used to love small shows was just stoked to see them when I was in England wanted to also see sex pistols when I was there but was not there long enough to catch there UK tour :(

what was funny is I was used to US skin heads not UK ones
on my way to the show as it goes a crowd was kinda going that way on the tube got chatting with them
but saw this group of skin heads walking down the street and said something like why are they walking the wrong way to the show ? anyway they said dont make eye contact ? I was like HUH why ?
guys said they were the real deal and tend to beat you big time if you make eye contact with them
thought it odd the punks feared the skin heads in the UK then vs ones I knew in the US where some of them would show up and hang out with the punks ? as most US ones IMHO were fashion and talk and nothing more or posers I guess you could say

they served beer at the UK show also :)

I saw them in 81, the first or one of the first shows after giving the Heroin addict drummer the boot. Small venue show that was absolutely fantastic.