PDA

View Full Version : ACOG Rookie question

WickedWillis
04-03-15, 17:51
As some of you may know, I bought a brand new ACOG TA31F. I am taking it to the range tomorrow for the first time to sight it in on my 14.5 BCM middy with some 62 gr Magtech 5.56 (thanks Grant). The issue I am going to run into, is none of my local ranges are set in meters, only yards. This will effect my BDC. Is there a simple solution here? How have you guys dealt with this in the past? Thanks again, and I apologize I am such a noob when it comes to the ACOG. :o

Kain
04-03-15, 18:00
Zero at one 100 yards and rock on. For practical purposes the chances are it is not going to affect your ability to use the BDC

I think it was posted a while back, though I'll be damned if I can remember where, that with the trajectory for a 5.56 zeroing at 100 yards or meters is going to be peaking at that distance for a number of yards or meters so the variation shouldn't matter too much if you are zeroing at 100, regardless of yards or meters. Or at least that is my understanding.

WickedWillis
04-03-15, 18:12
I'm going to read the owners manual tonight when I get off work. I believe it's 1/4 MOA clicks on windage and elevation.

IZinterrogator
04-04-15, 12:10
1/3 MOA.

fbmbirds
04-04-15, 12:34
why not get an eotech and magnifier

officerX
04-04-15, 13:08
why not get an eotech and magnifier

He's not asking for opinions on what he should buy, he's already got the ACOG and is asking about sighting it in.

As stated above, just giro 100 yards and everything will be fine.