PDA

View Full Version : The saker 7.62 30 days and 2100 rounds later...

sc63sallad
04-03-15, 18:38
Thought I would post some pics of the baffles of my saker after 2100 rounds for those interested. 460 rounds 300blk mixed between Silencerco's "Harvester" 220 gr. SMK subsonic and a new load I found from Federal American Eagle, a 220 gr. OTM. The rest was all M193, and also 200 rounds of Remington's 120 gr. otm 300blk load. Only 420 rounds of this was rapid fire, and all of the rapid fire was M193. If the pics suck...sorry. FWIW the baffles don't seem to have any erosion at this point from what I can tell. I'm not an expert on suppressors so I don't even know if this is good or not. Just putting these out for interested parties. The 5.56 was all out of a plain Colt 14.5 M4(Trifecta FH) , and the 300 BLK was out of my 12.5 inch AAC MPW(Trifecta MB). Enjoy!

EDIT: For those of you running the provided MOLLE pouch on a vest for work or training, make sure you weave it in properly. The button on mine doesn't snap very securely and I found it dangling off of my vest during a training session.

RegisteredTM
04-04-15, 14:16
Thanks. looks like stellite does its job well.

domestique
04-04-15, 15:34
Looks new.

Thank you for the pics... now if the ATF would ever get around top approving my Dec. 18th submission.

sc63sallad
04-04-15, 15:44
Looks new.

Thank you for the pics... now if the ATF would ever get around top approving my Dec. 18th submission.

Well, I purchased mine a month before you, and I've had it now for a month. If that helps any. Seems like it should be any day...

fbmbirds
04-04-15, 15:49
Do you run it with a brake or flash hider?

sc63sallad
04-04-15, 15:49
Thanks. looks like stellite does its job well.

Seems to. I haven't been hard on it at all, just been using it a lot. No emptying mags as fast as I can or the like. The only two differences I can see are that it darkened up inside and when I shoot a lot of 5.56 there is some buildup inside the blast baffle right where the openings are in the trifecta FH. Seems to get blown out when I switch to a different platform and run some supersonics through the MB though.

Fbmbirds...I use both. A flash hider on a colt m4 and a muzzle brake on 12.5 inch 300blk.

fbmbirds
04-04-15, 16:06
Seems to. I haven't been hard on it at all, just been using it a lot. No emptying mags as fast as I can or the like. The only two differences I can see are that it darkened up inside and when I shoot a lot of 5.56 there is some buildup inside the blast baffle right where the openings are in the trifecta FH. Seems to get blown out when I switch to a different platform and run some supersonics through the MB though.

Fbmbirds...I use both. A flash hider on a colt m4 and a muzzle brake on 12.5 inch 300blk.

Is there any benefit to using one over the other?

sc63sallad
04-04-15, 16:18

I really don't have enough experience to give you a definitive answer. But in my very limited experience...no.

Big Bronze Rim
04-04-15, 22:22

Other than the recoil mitigation benefits of a brake when running unsuppressed, the brake acts as a sacrificial blast baffle when running suppressed. I have only run the Saker brake on all my guns.

fbmbirds
04-04-15, 22:23
Other than the recoil mitigation benefits of a brake when running unsuppressed, the brake acts as a sacrificial blast baffle when running suppressed. I have only run the Saker brake on all my guns.

thats good to know because I have 2 brakes already on my guns and my suppressor comes with a flash hider.