PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Strikeeagle

nimdabew
04-05-15, 14:11
I just saw this on a banner ad a few minutes ago.

Quick facts

1-6x24

Faux horseshoe reticle with AR BDC

30mm tube

Illuminated reticle (probably not daylight visible)

$429 MSRP

This is verrrrry interesting. I may have to pick one up for my SBR.

http://www.vortextactical.com/product/vortex-strike-eagle-1-6x24-riflescope-ar-bdc-reticle

Ryno12
04-05-15, 14:43
I've had my eye on one of these too. Glad to see a 1-6 that's price is affordable.

opngrnd
04-05-15, 14:52
This piques my curiosity. I got online last night meaning to look at a simple BCM stripped upper, and now I need a scope to go with the 18" barrel I ended up ordering. This looks like a good 3 gun scope, so I might go for it if the reviews are favorable.

78Staff
04-05-15, 17:04
There's been some discussion on this on the various forums over the past few weeks. Since it hasn't been released it's impossible to say for sure, but it is very similar to the CCOP 1-6x in body and design, as well as somewhat close to the PA, with obvious reticle and branding differences. So much that they may all be coming off the same line. For the price it's a sure thing Vortex is rebranding some offshore optic to get into this price point, and it won't be equal to PST Glass, either. Street price is expected to be $329. What it will get you is budget offshore glass with Vortex's warranty (although PA's Cust. Support is pretty good as well from what I hear).

Livefreeordie92
04-06-15, 21:51
There's been some discussion on this on the various forums over the past few weeks. Since it hasn't been released it's impossible to say for sure, but it is very similar to the CCOP 1-6x in body and design, as well as somewhat close to the PA, with obvious reticle and branding differences. So much that they may all be coming off the same line. For the price it's a sure thing Vortex is rebranding some offshore optic to get into this price point, and it won't be equal to PST Glass, either. Street price is expected to be $329. What it will get you is budget offshore glass with Vortex's warranty (although PA's Cust. Support is pretty good as well from what I hear).

PA is a great company to deal with. Had a red dot that started having issues and they refunded me no questions asked. They're one of my go to places and usually one of the first places I refer others to.

rbh350
04-08-15, 15:05
I was interested in that new scope too. If you go to the Vortex website and view the StrikeEagle page there is a section of Q&A. The scope is specific for 5.56 rifles first off and I was going to use it on my 7.62X51. The price point was reached as this new scope is made in China as opposed to The Philippines that some of the other products are produced. The rep also stated that the new scope would NOT be as clear as their more expensive models. I'm backing off for now as it isn't available anyway and going to look at the Viper models.

Gunnar da Wolf
04-08-15, 20:08
FWIW there's a dealer who only seems to carry high end AR goodies and he attends some of the gun shows in the Harrisburg PA area. Last show I noticed that he carried a lot of Vortex optics and asked if he was going to carry the Strike Eagle. His reply was that it was below his usual price point but that he'd been impressed enough by the one he saw at SHOT 2015 to order a bunch of them.

But until a Bigfoot rides up to the LGS on a unicorn and delivers some it's a moot point...