PDA

View Full Version : Best affordable sights for M&P

Bradh90
04-06-15, 16:20
Did a search of the form and didn't find much, so I figured I'd ask. I'm looking for the best aftermarket sights for my M&P 9, I was looking into the Truglo Brite-Site fiber optic sights but found a lot of people said they were shooting quite a bit lower with them compared to factory sights. I'm not looking to break the bank with these so I'd like to be around or under the $80 range. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brad

slappy
04-06-15, 16:29
Personally, I really like the Ameriglo Pro I-dot sights. I think you can find them for around 99 bucks.

Bradh90
04-06-15, 18:41
After seeing your recommendation and reading some reviews online they seem like pretty solid sights. I found the set online for about $75 so I went ahead and ordered them. I'm excited to see how they perform and how my eyes are with them. The factory sights were a bit of an eyesore and hard for me to line up at times.

MegademiC
04-06-15, 21:14
I'm using the ameriglo idots pros as well and absolutely love them. Very fast, very accurate once you get used to it.

You need to practice though, I had to get a few range trips in to get used to the sight picture (I kept shooting left for some reason).

Mine are u notch rear with no outline, and lime outline on front.

Wake27
04-06-15, 21:34
Procter Y-Notch sights are supposed to be out soon. His Glock version is about $80. I have no personal experience but have heard good things.

PD Sgt.
04-06-15, 22:16
Another recommendation for the Ameriglo Pro I Dots. I use pretty much Ameriglo or Dawson (for fiber optic) on all my personally owned non 1911 pistols.

Tequila45
04-08-15, 14:21
My warren fiber optic sights for my 9L were $80 shipped from midway

WillBrink
04-08-15, 14:33
Did a search of the form and didn't find much, so I figured I'd ask. I'm looking for the best aftermarket sights for my M&P 9, I was looking into the Truglo Brite-Site fiber optic sights but found a lot of people said they were shooting quite a bit lower with them compared to factory sights. I'm not looking to break the bank with these so I'd like to be around or under the $80 range. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brad

I took a perm black marker, colored in the white rear dots, and done. Don't get much cheaper then that. :cool:

urbantactic
04-18-15, 19:39
I am using the Defoor Tactical from Ameriglo sights on my Shield, and a similar all black front and rear from Ameriglo on my full size. Both can be had for about $40.00 a pair, and really help develop the fundamentals of front sight focus.

cutter_spc
04-19-15, 18:38
"I took a perm black marker, colored in the white rear dots, and done. Don't get much cheaper then that."

Same here! I thought I was alone, LOL.

Inkslinger
04-19-15, 18:45
I took a perm black marker, colored in the white rear dots, and done. Don't get much cheaper then that. :cool:

I didn't even need the marker. The white paint on all three of my dots popped off at a pistol class last year. One day I may try some night sights.