PDA

View Full Version : Comparing marks on feed ramps

Veracity
07-11-08, 22:48
Gentlemen,

I've only put about 75 rounds through my new 6920 and I have a question about the way its feed ramps look compared to my BM's.

My 6920's feed ramps now have tiny "scuff" marks on them. They're sort of rust colored... (We all know it's not rust.)

Maybe it's the brass wearing off on them or something. It doesn't really matter.

Here's the thing, normally I'd say, "Yeah, ok, so what?" But my Bushmaster's ramps--which have seen roughly 800 rounds--are completely free of marks.

Just curious.

jmart
07-11-08, 23:17
Pics please. I'd like to see those BM ramps.

markm
07-11-08, 23:19
Copper marks on the feed ramps are normal. The bushmaster ramps are probably smoother due to more miles on them.

warpigM-4
07-12-08, 00:10
Copper marks on the feed ramps are normal. The bushmaster ramps are probably smoother due to more miles on them.what he said.Demigod is always Johnny on the spot ,I never get to put my Brain to good use ...Damn!!!:D

Veracity
07-12-08, 14:01
Pics please. I'd like to see those BM ramps.

I'm way too stupid to know how to put pictures on here. If I could, I would have made all of you look at my NY legal 6920 already.

warpigM-4
07-12-08, 14:06
I'm way too stupid to know how to put pictures on here. If I could, I would have made all of you look at my NY legal 6920 already.

if you can email me your pictures and i will post them for you here
Scoutrecon13@aol.com