PDA

View Full Version : The Pin Job

zippygaloo
07-12-08, 00:02
I don't quite understand the "pin job". Can you tell me how it works and if there is any way I can avoid it? I'm sorry I can't elaborate any more, I'm being watched.

tinman44
07-12-08, 00:47
i'm not sure what you're talking about but it probably belongs in m4 technical forum not general discussion.

batgeek
07-12-08, 02:35
I can't elaborate any more, I'm being watched.

jeez...you don't know when to quit, do you?

zippygaloo
07-12-08, 03:19
jeez...you don't know when to quit, do you?

Quit what? I'm confused. Quitting something in regards to the pin job? Drilling maybe?

bushmasterar15
07-12-08, 03:33
I don't quite understand the "pin job". Can you tell me how it works and if there is any way I can avoid it? I'm sorry I can't elaborate any more, I'm being watched.

If your barrel is under the 16" minimum then you need a flash hider/compensator permantly attached to the barrel by drilling a hole thru the flash hider/compensator and partially into the barrel then a blind pin is installed and welded over so you may not remove it or the other option is to silver solder it on. The way to avoid it is apply on a Form 1 for a short barrel rifle and pay the $200 for the tax stamp wait to be approved or own a pistol marked lower reciever.

RD62
07-12-08, 15:47
I too assume you mean pinning a muzzle device of some kind.

As mentioned above. Unless you are in a ban state, or you are trying to bring a sub 16" barrel out to legal length it isn't really needed.

As BushmasterAR15 mentioned it is used to (for all intents and purposes) permanently affix the muzzle break, comp, flash suppressor, whatever to the end of the barrel where it can not be readily removed.

Drill hole through muzzle attachment and partway into barrel. Drive in pin. Typically weld over pin.

If you flesh out your profile a little bit, we may have a better idea if you were living in a ban area, or you could post the reasons for the "pin job". I don't really like pinned muzzle devices because it can make it very difficult to impossible to perform some barrel and upper work, like attaching some FF tubes.

Also on an unrelated note... You also seem to be coming across fairly mockingly toward a mod. Prob not a real good idea. But what do I know...

Good luck with your "pin job". Hope we answered your question.

-RD62

DrMark
07-12-08, 16:09
...I'm being watched.
Indeed.

Safetyhit
07-12-08, 17:04
Quit what? I'm confused. Quitting something in regards to the pin job? Drilling maybe?

Walking the tight rope on day one are we? :rolleyes:

This is a sophisticated, yet often fun forum where we deal with things way different than TOS. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

zippygaloo
07-12-08, 18:09
Walking the tight rope on day one are we? :rolleyes:

This is a sophisticated, yet often fun forum where we deal with things way different than TOS. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

What is it with you people following me around? You're nothing but trouble makers. If you had any intelligence you might not "read into" my words. ASK if you don't know what I mean, but don't read into it.

"I can't elaborate now, 'Im being watched" was in reference to the gov'ment tapping my internets. After Leavenworth they don't like me "asking a lot of questions on these highly professional gun sites" and if I were to continue writing at that moment who knows what would happen. Some of you may understand.

Iraqgunz
07-12-08, 19:17
Dude,

Don't take this the wrong way but you are coming off as;

A. Some immature teenager who created a profile here.

B. Someone who is a little loony.

No one really cares if your wife is giving you crazy stares. If you have valid questions or comments feel free to post. There have been plenty of people already who have offered advice. Maybe had you posted your question coherently in the beginning or waited for a more opportune time then this would be a moot point. Something to think about..............

What is it with you people following me around? You're nothing but trouble makers. If you had any intelligence you might not "read into" my words. ASK if you don't know what I mean, but don't read into it.

"I can't elaborate now, 'Im being watched" was in reference to my wife giving me glares from across the room. She doesn't like the time I "waste on these stupid gun sites" and if I were to continue writing at that moment I would be in the dog house. Some of you with wives may understand.

monkeywrench
07-12-08, 22:41
IS zippygaloo Just another user name for Darknightsights or specopsquirrel? Maybe he is Gecko45 (the Mall Ninja)!!!!!!

akraven
07-12-08, 22:47
Or maybe Gunkid,,,,,,,nope he's in jail. akraven

zippygaloo
07-13-08, 01:16
Dude,

Don't take this the wrong way but you are coming off as;

A. Some immature teenager who created a profile here.

B. Someone who is a little loony.

No one really cares if your wife is giving you crazy stares. If you have valid questions or comments feel free to post. There have been plenty of people already who have offered advice. Maybe had you posted your question coherently in the beginning or waited for a more opportune time then this would be a moot point. Something to think about..............

It's "B". It's something I have to live with. Hopefully you can too. :D

Safetyhit
07-13-08, 09:29
It's "B". It's something I have to live with. Hopefully you can too. :D

I bet many of us would rather not. Not if you continue to be the juvenile attention seeker you are now.

Nice how the reference to your wife has disappeared from your last post stating how ignorant I am. Now that you seem to indicate that the wife story was made up and you were really glaring at yourself :rolleyes: , should I still feel stupid?

Nevermind, I don't care what the "answer" is. Just be straight here please. Either that or maybe find an airsoft forum.

monkeywrench
07-13-08, 09:40
"I can't elaborate now, 'Im being watched" was in reference to me glaring at myself from across the room. I don't like the time I "waste on these stupid gun sites" and if I were to continue writing at that moment I would be in the dog house. Some of you may understand.

Have you stopped taking your medication???

If you think your wasting you time on these dumb gun sites you can stop yourself at any time!!!:D

Scattergun
07-13-08, 09:50
smells like TROLL to me..

Al U. 5811
07-13-08, 10:54
He's still around?

Verbal Kint
07-13-08, 10:55
Having never been a member of TOS... one can only wonder why the OP didn't last there.

As I said, Zippy, I don't know you from Adam... or know anything about whatever transpired on your last site... but you've definitely made a lasting impression already, here, in your short time. Not only did you voluntarily paint a huge bullseye on yourself (when you easily could have never said a word about who you were or being shunned from the other forum, and could have quite possibly slide in under the radar), but your comments and retorts further paint yourself into a corner.

This isn't an attack on you, as I think you're like one of my friends... really high strung and very hard to read, until you get to know him and accept that's just how he is. Unfortunately, this is the internet... people frankly can't read one another all that well, like you could if you were at the local bar having a drink together, and instead can only go by the impression you give off. I suggest when you feel the urge to post something on here (especially when it's in retaliation to something that has been said) is to not do it. Stop. Think about it. Think how others on here will perceive it. And, then, if it sounds like a good idea to you... rethink it again.

The member pool on this forum is made up of REAL "professionals" (a term all-to-often tossed around when it shouldn't be), military and LEO, manufacturers and industry leaders, private business owners and vendors, and just the "average Joe" that has a love for the firearm hobby and has years of experience and knowledge under their hats. As it's already been stated several times... these guys are more than willing to help educate you, me, and any new guy that shows up on here. They love the hobby and they love watching it grow as more people are brought into it. But they have very little tolerance for egos, attitude, or BS. I've lurked on here for the better part of a year, and only just recently actually registered an account and began slowly chiming in on threads. Even with my past military experience, I am very humbled by the wealth of knowledge here. Be a sponge and soak it all up, like I am.

The best thing I can suggest is to treat this forum like their home. They've opened it up to you to use and have fun, as long as you are respective and abide by the simple rules. It's like a house party... everyone has fun and gets along. Don't be that one guy that shows up, pisses everyone off, throws his feet up on the coffee table, and ends up having everyone glare at him from all sides of the room. The outcome is neither pleasant for you or anyone else around. You're already hurt your credibility and character by your own actions and words... from here out just try and mend that rfit between you and the collective member base. It can be done. You'll just have to work at it. ;)

Best of luck.

C4IGrant
07-13-08, 10:56
zippygaloo, my suggestion to you is too find someone on the board that is willing to answer all of your questions offline.

C4

RD62
07-13-08, 12:17
How do you glare at yourself from across the room, or put yourself in the dog house? :confused:

That just doesn't even make sense man!

-RD62

zippygaloo
07-13-08, 12:22
Having never been a member of TOS... one can only wonder why the OP didn't last there.

As I said, Zippy, I don't know you from Adam... or know anything about whatever transpired on your last site... but you've definitely made a lasting impression already, here, in your short time. Not only did you voluntarily paint a huge bullseye on yourself (when you easily could have never said a word about who you were or being shunned from the other forum, and could have quite possibly slide in under the radar), but your comments and retorts further paint yourself into a corner.

This isn't an attack on you, as I think you're like one of my friends... really high strung and very hard to read, until you get to know him and accept that's just how he is. Unfortunately, this is the internet... people frankly can't read one another all that well, like you could if you were at the local bar having a drink together, and instead can only go by the impression you give off. I suggest when you feel the urge to post something on here (especially when it's in retaliation to something that has been said) is to not do it. Stop. Think about it. Think how others on here will perceive it. And, then, if it sounds like a good idea to you... rethink it again.

The member pool on this forum is made up of REAL "professionals" (a term all-to-often tossed around when it shouldn't be), military and LEO, manufacturers and industry leaders, private business owners and vendors, and just the "average Joe" that has a love for the firearm hobby and has years of experience and knowledge under their hats. As it's already been stated several times... these guys are more than willing to help educate you, me, and any new guy that shows up on here. They love the hobby and they love watching it grow as more people are brought into it. But they have very little tolerance for egos, attitude, or BS. I've lurked on here for the better part of a year, and only just recently actually registered an account and began slowly chiming in on threads. Even with my past military experience, I am very humbled by the wealth of knowledge here. Be a sponge and soak it all up, like I am.

The best thing I can suggest is to treat this forum like their home. They've opened it up to you to use and have fun, as long as you are respective and abide by the simple rules. It's like a house party... everyone has fun and gets along. Don't be that one guy that shows up, pisses everyone off, throws his feet up on the coffee table, and ends up having everyone glare at him from all sides of the room. The outcome is neither pleasant for you or anyone else around. You're already hurt your credibility and character by your own actions and words... from here out just try and mend that rfit between you and the collective member base. It can be done. You'll just have to work at it. ;)

Best of luck.

I understand Verbal Kint. Thank you for taking the time to explain things to me. I will take your advice. You were kind with your response to my high strung rant and subsequent delusion. I'm like your friend. In fact I might even be him. :confused:

Safetyhit
07-13-08, 14:40
I understand Verbal Kint. Thank you for taking the time to explain things to me. I will take your advice. You were kind with your response to my high strung rant and subsequent delusion. I'm like your friend. In fact I might even be him. :confused:

I am both astounded and disappointed that you have been able to carry this garbage on as long as you have.

My humble advice would be to send you on your deserved way.

Master_of_Sparks
07-13-08, 16:54
http://upload.moldova.org/movie/movies/r/reno_911!_miami/thumbnails/tn2_reno911_3.jpg