PDA

View Full Version : P-30 sk

ralph
04-08-15, 11:00
Just saw this over on HKpro..HK is releasing a P-30 sk, available in LEM or DA/SA, 10 rnd mags, MSRP $719 Has changeable backstraps/sidepanels.

125 mph
04-08-15, 11:26
I love my P30, but if they release this before a VP9sk that's a huge mistake IMHO.

Interesting that the price is lower than the regular P30, though. That's cool.

RHINOWSO
04-08-15, 11:44
Nice to see, but my P2000SK isn't going anywhere.

PatrioticDisorder
04-08-15, 12:32
I love my P30, but if they release this before a VP9sk that's a huge mistake IMHO.

This gun shouldn't even exist. Not many people want a DA/SA subcompact, a VP9SK would sell well though, definiteky a mistake IMO.

WickedWillis
04-08-15, 12:54
This could very well be like Glock releasing the G42 when everyone wanted the G43.....If it is indeed true.

ralph
04-08-15, 13:21
I agree, A mistake by HK, A VP9c would've been better IMO. I've no real interest in sub compacts to begin with. I saw this being posted at HKpro, and thought I'd pass it along..

OhioFinance
04-08-15, 13:30
And that serves as a confirmation for me about buying the PPS a few weeks ago as a backup to the VP9.

Kowalski
04-08-15, 14:12
http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p30sk/

Product page lists barrel length as 4.86 inches, but that can't be right. OAL is similar to P2000sk, and P2000sk has something like 5.19 inch sight radius and 3.26 inch barrel length.

This gun shouldn't even exist. Not many people want a DA/SA subcompact, a VP9SK would sell well though, definiteky a mistake IMO.

Considering that HK is busying themselves releasing things like the USP 9mm Tactical, this would not seem to be a surprise..

txf15crewchief
04-08-15, 14:29
From the HK website, bold emphasis mine:

"The subcompact model of the renowned P30 handgun, P30SK (SubKompact) series has all of the sought-after characteristics of the larger frame P30 and P30L pistols but in a more concealable design.

The completely adjustable P30 grip feature — consisting of interchangeable backstraps and lateral grip panels — is replicated in the ultra-compact grip frame of the P30SK. This allows the pistol to be easily modified to fit to any individual user.

And like its larger frame counterparts, the P30SK is available in multiple trigger firing modes including HK’s enhanced double action only “Law Enforcement Modification (LEM).” For the P30SK, the LEM trigger is configured with a “light strike V1” setup — requiring approximately 5.4 pounds-force to pull the trigger.

Other trigger modes include conventional double action/single action (DA/SA) with a serrated decocking button located on the rear of the frame. The DA/SA mode is available with and without dual ambidextrous manual safeties located on the left and right side of the frame. Other ambidextrous controls include dual slide and magazine release levers. Like all P30 pistols, the P30SK features an automatic hammer safety and firing pin safety.

An abbreviated Picatinny rail molded into the front of the frame enables weapon lights, lasers, or other accessories to be easily mounted. All P30SK models have been extensively tested during a three year development process.

Despite their small size, P30SK subcompacts have excellent weight and balance making them naturally pointable, easy to control, and accurate to shoot; currently available in 9 mm.

Available Configurations

– P30SK 9mm (V1) “light LEM DOA w/two 10rd mags – 730901K A5, MSRP $719

– P30SK 9mm (V3) DA/SA rear decocking button w/two 10rd mags – 730903K A5, MSRP $719

– P30SKS 9mm (V3) DA/SA ambidextrous safety lever/rear decocking button w/two 10rd mags 730903KS A5, MSRP $719

– P30SK 9mm (V1) “light LEM DOA w/three 10rd mags w/night sights – 730901KLE A5, MSRP $819

– P30SK 9mm (V3) DA/SA rear decocking button w/three 10rd mags w/night sights – 730903KLE A5, MSRP $819

– P30SKS 9mm (V3) DA/SA ambidextrous safety lever/rear decocking button w/three 10rd mags w/night sights 730903KSLE A5, MSRP $719"

WickedWillis
04-08-15, 14:40
I will probably hold out for the VP9 version.

jpmuscle
04-08-15, 15:04

Glock did the .380 42 before the 9mm 43. And the former sold like hotcakes. Marketing lol.

I wonder if the p2000sk will be discontinued?

John123
04-08-15, 15:22
I will probably hold out for the VP9 version.

Same here. I really like my P30s, but the VP9 is my favorite.

HK seems to be listening to its customers.

RAM Engineer
04-08-15, 15:36
What a waste of resources and production capacity.

They need a P2000-sized VP9 next, not this.

I'm sure the P2000SK will continue to exist right along side this gun, since HK never kills off a polymer handgun (except the VP70).

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-08-15, 16:08
Nice incremental improvement over the P2000. My guess is this was done for some euro-dept with zillions of P30s. I too am desirous of a P2000 sized Vp

jpmuscle
04-08-15, 16:13
If nothing else its a step in the right direction to be certain.

w3453l
04-08-15, 18:14
With models like the USP's and MK23 I doubt they'll discontinue the P2000SK.

It would be cool if they had smoother side panels sold as aftermarket; to address some of the complaints about that grip iritation some have in the full size P30

CFF9314
04-08-15, 18:50
I for one am pretty excited as I carry a P30L usually, it will be nice to have a smaller gun with the same controls for warmer weather. I do wish it was a slim version however ala the shield and PPS.

WickedWillis
04-08-15, 18:56
I for one am pretty excited as I carry a P30L usually, it will be nice to have a smaller gun with the same controls for warmer weather. I do wish it was a slim version however ala the shield and PPS.

If only the allow it to take full size P30 and VP9 magazines....

Vandal
04-08-15, 19:20
And HK continues to do what they want. I hope they make a smaller version of the VP9. I don't know many shooters who are lusting for a DA/SA sub-compact.

CFF9314
04-08-15, 19:58

Absolutely. I can't imagine it wouldn't work though, looks like they literally just chopped off some grip and barrel off of a standard P30.

Edit: and while they're at it make a standard capacity P30 mag with a grip extension for this thing. Also as long as we're dreaming I would really like a factory 20 round for the full size.

bear13
04-08-15, 20:40
I finally broke out my new vp9 and I love it. But I would really like a hammer fired compact. This does it for me! I like the ability to thumb the hammer when holstering and a lem would be sweet.

Tzook
04-08-15, 20:58
I'm not a huge Hk guy so maybe I'm off base, but I don't see this being something that people want.

Trajan
04-08-15, 22:36
Whats taller than an M&P9C and only holds 10 rounds?...

Not smart, as H&K designs their mags for that particular model. The mags can be over-inserted. They would need to develop an "elephant foot" for the P30 mags.

walker2713
04-09-15, 06:53

I'm sure the P2000SK will continue to exist right along side this gun, since HK never kills off a polymer handgun (except the VP70).

^^^^^^^
This

A Glock 19/P2000 sized gun would have really gotten my attention...especially since it has a V1 "light LEM" variant model....

ScottD
04-09-15, 08:00
^^^^^^^
This

A Glock 19/P2000 sized gun would have really gotten my attention...especially since it has a V1 "light LEM" variant model....

Agreed. It baffles me when I see someone post that "the VP9 carries like a G19." While we're making wish lists, I'll take a long-slide VP9, too.

If the P30sk winds up with a street price similar to the VP9 (I believe the VP9 has the same MSRP), I'll take a pretty strong look at it.

Beat Trash
04-09-15, 08:03
^^^^^^^
This

I own a VP9 and am very impressed with shooting it. But for carry, it just doesn't carry like my Glock 19. If HK were to come out with a VP9 the size of the P2000, I'd buy a few of them!

WickedWillis
04-09-15, 11:13
Whats taller than an M&P9C and only holds 10 rounds?...

Not smart, as H&K designs their mags for that particular model. The mags can be over-inserted. They would need to develop an "elephant foot" for the P30 mags.

But I think if they engineered the catch correctly if could be done without the elephant foot the HK45C has. I remember a guy posting on here that he runs full size HK45 mags in his compact all the time, without realizing he could seriously mess his gun up.

w3453l
04-09-15, 12:24
But I think if they engineered the catch correctly if could be done without the elephant foot the HK45C has. I remember a guy posting on here that he runs full size HK45 mags in his compact all the time, without realizing he could seriously mess his gun up.

Just to see if I'm understanding this correctly: messing the gun up would be a result of over-insertion/slamming the mags in right?

If you were to insert them slowly it shouldn't be a problem; am I correct here? Or is there any damage that can still result during firing?

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-09-15, 17:22
You can run G17 mags in G19/26, P30 or P2000 mags in P2000SK, etc. It doesn't hurt the gun. If you SLAM THE CRAP out of the mag into the mag well yes indeed you could hurt it. Don't do that.

Trajan
04-09-15, 17:45
You can run G17 mags in G19/26, P30 or P2000 mags in P2000SK, etc. It doesn't hurt the gun. If you SLAM THE CRAP out of the mag into the mag well yes indeed you could hurt it. Don't do that.
Glock mags since 88 or so have the square cut for the magazine catch. The bottom of that square prevents over-insertion. H&K mags only have the lip to keep the mag in.

RHINOWSO
04-09-15, 18:28
Glock mags since 88 or so have the square cut for the magazine catch. The bottom of that square prevents over-insertion. H&K mags only have the lip to keep the mag in.

Sure, but if you dont slam the f out of your mags, they work f.i.n.e. In the HK45C and P2000SK, no issues over several thousand rounds using HK45 and P30 mags.

MadAngler1
04-09-15, 20:56
I love my P30, so this gun interests me. I will have to look at one the next time I go to the fun store (if they have one in stock). Subcompacts don't work well for me in general due to my hands, but the interchangeable grip panels on this one might work for me.

As far as some of you being upset over the lack of a VP9SK, think about this: Several police agencies worldwide don't like striker fired pistols. Many don't consider them safe, and prefer hammer fired. Heck, the SEALs use Sig P226s and HK45 compacts, not Glocks. Therefore, HK may have a market for this gun for police officers, private security firms and detectives in need of a hammer fired back up that they can use without running afoul of department policies. Think about the Walther PPK/S and Sig P239, etc. This HK P30SK would easily blow all similar hammer fired subcompacts out of the water. Likewise, it's also a safer pistol I would argue, given HK's engineering. I have a V3 P30S, and I love the hammer decocker on the back. I think the P30SK will sell quite well in that regard. Just my two cents, and don't worry, I'm sure they're working on a VP9/40/45, etc :cool:

hotrodder636
04-09-15, 21:24
Nice to see an evolving product line. I need another HK like I need a hold in my head:cool:

jc000
04-09-15, 21:49
I finally broke out my new vp9 and I love it. But I would really like a hammer fired compact.

Uhhh, they do? P2000 or USPc?

dhena81
04-09-15, 23:49
I like the idea of having a sub compact hammer fired pistol because you can ride over the hammer into the holster. Overall though I'd rather have a better trigger than that added perceived safety when appendix carrying.

montrala
04-10-15, 05:06
If you SLAM THE CRAP out of the mag into the mag well yes indeed you could hurt it. Don't do that.

On those slide lock reloads, obviously.

And "hurt" = bend ejector. It takes lot of force to bend it on HK, but some people managed to do that nevertheless.

ChaseN
04-10-15, 16:52
I've said it before on here, but gun companies continue to prove to me that they have no idea what's going on in the civilian US gun market. I get that the P30 is popular with police agencies in Europe, but most western European countries DON'T allow their officers to carry off duty, and have very few armed, plain clothes officers and investigators compared to the US. So I question the amount of these they are going to sell on foreign contracts.

Heck, the SEALs use Sig P226s and HK45 compacts, not Glocks.

I've gone on missions overseas with SEALS carrying glocks back in OIF. SOF weaponry can rarely be described in such sweeping generalities.

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-10-15, 17:39
I would be willing to bet $5 this was ordered by some large euro police agency for plainclothes/undercover. I doubt it was originally developed for the civilian market. On the other hand, I suspect it is as bomb-proof a sub-compact as you will find.

quino171
04-10-15, 17:39
I've said it before on here, but gun companies continue to prove to me that they have no idea what's going on in the civilian US gun market. I get that the P30 is popular with police agencies in Europe, but most western European countries DON'T allow their officers to carry off duty, and have very few armed, plain clothes officers and investigators compared to the US.

I've gone on missions overseas with SEALS carrying glocks back in OIF. SOF weaponry can rarely be described in such sweeping generalities.

I can attest to the use of Glocks, hks, M11, and M9s within the SOC community. I have been issued all but the hk. That hk was a one off, like the m11.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Adrenaline_6
04-10-15, 17:47
I don't see that their out of touch with the civilian US market. They brought in the VP9 and it is a big success! As far as the P30SK goes, it is the obvious successor to the P2000. The ergos of the P30 and its ability to adjust the grip combinations make it a given. HK's is known to not put out a product until it's been thoroughly tested. When they release a product, you can bet it will work and work well. The P30SK has been in testing for 3 years. This has been lined up for awhile now.

The VP9 is new. It works and works very well. That being said, they aren't psychic. They aren't going to spend all the time and money in R&D on a whole product line of VP's before knowing that the pilot is successful to begin with. Now that they know the VP9 is a smashing hit, they will release the rest of the lineup that everyone in the U.S. civilian market wants....AFTER they make sure it is good to go, in the normal HK manner.

The funny thing is the same people who bitch about not having these pistols out yet, would be the ones yelling the loudest about how HK didn't do their due diligence before releasing their product. You can't ever please haters.

To the rest, patience, they will come...and they will be worth the wait.

ChaseN
04-10-15, 19:24
I don't see that their out of touch with the civilian US market. They brought in the VP9 and it is a big success!

At this stage in the game, if I were bringing a striker fired pistol to market, and wanted to test the waters with only one size, no doubt I'd start with a compact Instead of a full size. I'd wager there are just about as many G19s and G23s out there in LEO duty holsters as there are G17s and G22s, not to mention the compact sized guns clobber the full sized guns in the civilian carry market...

The vp9 is garnering a good amount of commercial popularity, but how about .gov contracts? Compared to say a p320?

HK landed the largest fed LE pistol contract ever when they sold the P2000 to CBP - a pistol practical in and out of uniform, that has an even more compact version for individual officer/agent purchase. Why wouldn't they follow that same logic with a new striker fired gun?

Nightstalker865
04-10-15, 20:35
I really hope that a VP9-SK variant is in the pipeline. This P30 looks to be a great size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpmuscle
04-10-15, 20:38
Hopefully we'll see an updated p2000 at some point.

Adrenaline_6
04-10-15, 22:47
At this stage in the game, if I were bringing a striker fired pistol to market, and wanted to test the waters with only one size, no doubt I'd start with a compact Instead of a full size. I'd wager there are just about as many G19s and G23s out there in LEO duty holsters as there are G17s and G22s, not to mention the compact sized guns clobber the full sized guns in the civilian carry market...

I see what your saying, but the G17 was still first. You are saying that you would wager that there are just about as many G19's and G23's as 17's and 22's. That would mean there are at least as many or more in the reverse. Also, I doubt the 19's and 23's would have been as popular in the civilian carry market without the success of their full size counterparts in the military and LEO community.

foxtrotx1
04-11-15, 02:29

I agree. While striker guns are great, hammer weapons will always have a place.

Beat Trash
04-11-15, 09:08

We can but hope...

I would be all over a P2000 size VP9.

jb7304
04-11-15, 15:05
I'll stick with my P2000sk until they come out with the VP9sk.

Cagemonkey
04-11-15, 19:00

I'm sure the P2000SK will continue to exist right along side this gun, since HK never kills off a polymer handgun (except the VP70).Dude. You hit the nail on the head. My thoughts exactly!!

hotrodder636
04-12-15, 12:36
I was able to fondle a few of the P30sk models at 2015 NRA show yesterday. Fits well in my hand. Really liked the trigger on the LEM version for this type of pistol. No pictures--I suck.

jpmuscle
04-12-15, 13:22
We can but hope...

I would be all over a P2000 size VP9.
Amen to that. I'd go all in on HK if that comes to fruition. Seriously.

jpmuscle
04-12-15, 13:22
I was able to fondle a few of the P30sk models at 2015 NRA show yesterday. Fits well in my hand. Really liked the trigger on the LEM version for this type of pistol. No pictures--I suck.
Any pinky extension in sight?

hotrodder636
04-12-15, 15:14
I don't know. The HK reps present only pointed to which table they were displayed on and that they expect to be on Market in May. They did not have a bunch of info outside of what most of us already know or have read.

Mr_Happy1
04-14-15, 09:56
Does anyone know where to pre-order one, to get in on the first shipment at a decent price?

Thanks!

TAZ
04-17-15, 16:04
So how long before people start chopping P30 or VP9 grips to work with the 10 rd magazines and then making spacers for the 15 rounders. HMMMMM......VP9SG(short grip) would conceal a bit better.

Amur
04-17-15, 16:31
I am 100% in for one of these in LEM ASAP!!!!

Super pumped!

Mr blasty
04-17-15, 16:47
So how long before people start chopping P30 or VP9 grips to work with the 10 rd magazines and then making spacers for the 15 rounders. HMMMMM......VP9SG(short grip) would conceal a bit better.

You can already do it and use P2000SK mags

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jyo
05-08-15, 02:16
I've seen the pics and it looks like a good design, but I'm stuck in Kalifornia and this pistol won't make the infamous "Safety List"---we won't see it for sale here---soooooo, I'll just cruise along with my paid-for P2000 and P2000sk---I don't see that the new P30sk will shoot much different from my already owned pistols...

Mr_Happy1
05-13-15, 10:23
Does anyone have an update on the release date? This is the most anticipated firearm purchase I have made in a while.

brickboy240
05-13-15, 11:53
Interesting but when is the VP-9sk coming?

jpmuscle
05-13-15, 13:44
Interesting but when is the VP-9sk coming?
Bah, VP 9c is where it's at.

crosseyedshooter
06-04-15, 17:28
Top Gun Supply has the DA/SA versions in stock, both with and without manual safety.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/firearms-for-sale/handguns/hk/p30sk.html?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=1ab9221bec-2015_6_4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ada83649b2-1ab9221bec-131802009

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-04-15, 17:59
That is a pretty sane price.

Mauser KAR98K
06-04-15, 19:40
That is a pretty sane price.

It's so sane I think H&K has gone insane.