PDA

View Full Version : Magpul introduces Glock 19 15rd Mag!

C4IGrant
04-09-15, 13:28
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/MAG550_onesheet.pdf

C4

Eurodriver
04-09-15, 13:34
Is this a joke? Or is the link just broken? Red X, for me.

P.S. Doesn't affect me until you start carrying them bro!

C4IGrant
04-09-15, 13:36
Is this a joke? Or is the link just broken? Red X, for me.

P.S. Doesn't affect me until you start carrying them bro!

I see it just fine.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/MAG550_onesheet.pdf

C4

Kain
04-09-15, 13:41
Nice.

I saw Midway had the 17rders in stock as of today. Just in time since my training/range KCI POSs bought the farm eariler this week with base plates cracking and sides appearing to swell. Going to need to start picking a few up and beating them senseless. Now just waiting for extended ones.

C4IGrant
04-09-15, 13:43
Nice.

I saw Midway had the 17rders in stock as of today. Just in time since my training/range KCI POSs bought the farm eariler this week with base plates cracking and sides appearing to swell. Going to need to start picking a few up and beating them senseless. Now just waiting for extended ones.

Ya, we will have our shipment of them tomorrow.

C4

Eurodriver
04-09-15, 13:43
Thanks for the link. It's still showing an x on my PC but I'm glad this isn't another joke. I was about to become EuroPanties again...

I'll buy 10 when you get them in, Grant.

Dozer
04-09-15, 14:19
COMING SUMMER 2015
PMAG 15 GL9. The PMAG 15 GL9 is a 15-round magazine featuring durable polymer construction, paint pen dot-matrix for labeling, tool-less floor plate removal for ease of maintenance, a visible capacity indicator hole on the body, and Magpul reliability. Compatible with all compact (G19 Sized) 9mm Glock handguns and subcompact 9mm Glock handguns with some protrusion below the grip. MSRP $15.95 Made in the U.S.A.

Eurodriver
04-09-15, 14:26
Release date of Summer, eh?

I guess those of us in the South will be getting them in the next few weeks? :cool:

Dozer
04-09-15, 14:33
Hahaha. Summer, not summer-like weather. ;)

Nightstalker865
04-09-15, 14:39
Excellent. I hope to grab several of these and the G17's once they are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clay
04-09-15, 14:49
Ordered a G17 Pmag from Midway today to try out.

brickboy240
04-09-15, 15:17
Oh my....must order some when they become available.

I KNEW the G19 mags would follow. Most people I know that own a Glock 9mm have G19s...not G17s.

It would be nice if they put witness holes in the mags but hey for half the price of factory mags...I'll take them.

T2C
04-09-15, 15:21
I am definitely interested, but I have two questions.

Any reason why they left the sight holes off the back of the magazine? Any torture test data on the magazines?

C4IGrant
04-09-15, 15:54
Thanks for the link. It's still showing an x on my PC but I'm glad this isn't another joke. I was about to become EuroPanties again...

I'll buy 10 when you get them in, Grant.

These are up on our website now for ordering.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MAG546

C4

Phillygunguy
04-09-15, 18:45
Nice! im wondering if these can be loaded to the full capacity or do they have to be downloaded by 1 like the OEM mags for reliability

Eurodriver
04-09-15, 19:30
These are up on our website now for ordering.

C4

Was referencing the G19 magazines.

PatrioticDisorder
04-09-15, 19:37
Nice! im wondering if these can be loaded to the full capacity or do they have to be downloaded by 1 like the OEM mags for reliability

I've never had an issue keeping OEM mags loaded to full capacity. On heavy use mags just swap out the spring (and follow/base plate) from time to time.

Hemoglobin
04-09-15, 19:56
I've never had an issue keeping OEM mags loaded to full capacity. On heavy use mags just swap out the spring (and follow/base plate) from time to time.

I haven't either. The comment about the sight holes had me curious but honestly for the price I can count to 15 (for the G19 mags) if they turn out as reliable as factory mags. I had been putting off buying a second 19 and sending it off for work like a RMR etc, but this may seal the deal.

PatrioticDisorder
04-09-15, 20:04
I haven't either. The comment about the sight holes had me curious but honestly for the price I can count to 15 (for the G19 mags) if they turn out as reliable as factory mags. I had been putting off buying a second 19 and sending it off for work like a RMR etc, but this may seal the deal.

Once they're out for a bit I see the price settling to 11-12 bucks and maybe occasionally as low as 10, if they hit $10 a mag I will rack up on them.

Phillygunguy
04-09-15, 20:20

It was recommended by some SMEs to download a glock mag by one because it is easier for a reload with the slide forward

Hemoglobin
04-09-15, 20:32
Once they're out for a bit I see the price settling to 11-12 bucks and maybe occasionally as low as 10, if they hit $10 a mag I will rack up on them.

Yep I do as well. Mag prices were a big part of my hold off in moving to some other platforms. Guess it's a RMR slide glock 19 next. I don't have all that much love for magpul outside of this and the MLok system but but kudos magpul. Kudos.

Hemoglobin
04-09-15, 20:32
Oh and that having some balls thing. That too. . . Can't forget that.

Vandal
04-09-15, 22:14
If the G19 mags prove to be reliable on the same level as my AR PMags I will be buying a ton of these.

Team Kabob
04-09-15, 22:19
Nice. Will order some soon

-)---> ¥
Got him!

JusticeM4
04-09-15, 23:14
If the G19 mags prove to be reliable on the same level as my AR PMags I will be buying a ton of these.

I don't see why they wouldn't be as reliable as Pmags.

Even if the are 99% reliable, your paying less than $15 for them. Magpul knows their stuff, I'm sure these mags also have gone through extensive tests before being released.

I'll be picking up a few dozen when they come out.

Vandal
04-09-15, 23:26
I am somewhat assuming they will be on par with the AR mags. I just have a thing where, other than 1911 mags, I don't trust non-OEM mags for my semi-autos.

BufordTJustice
04-10-15, 07:49
COMING SUMMER 2015
PMAG 15 GL9. The PMAG 15 GL9 is a 15-round magazine featuring durable polymer construction, paint pen dot-matrix for labeling, tool-less floor plate removal for ease of maintenance, a visible capacity indicator hole on the body, and Magpul reliability. Compatible with all compact (G19 Sized) 9mm Glock handguns and subcompact 9mm Glock handguns with some protrusion below the grip. MSRP $15.95 Made in the U.S.A.

Yeah, these could easily end up being my new range mags. Awesome.

BufordTJustice
04-10-15, 07:51
I find that Wolff magazine springs last longest in my duty glock.

I wonder if the new follower will be compatible with current glock mag bodies?

04-10-15, 08:31
Are they steel lined like the OEM mags?

Palmguy
04-10-15, 09:39
Are they steel lined like the OEM mags?

They are not.

brickboy240
04-10-15, 11:17
No witness holes on the backside like OEM mags.

How many rounds to you have left? ....guess!

Benito
04-13-15, 23:04
Hot diggity. Gonna stock me up some G19 mags after I get my hands on their G17s as well.
Kudos to Magpul.

Vandal
04-13-15, 23:59
I find it interesting there are so many complaints about the lack of witness holes when so many of us run AR mags with no windows. Am I missing something here?

Kain
04-14-15, 00:05
I find it interesting there are so many complaints about the lack of witness holes when so many of us run AR mags with no windows. Am I missing something here?

People like the option? I don't see the big idea personally. Most witness holes to me are too small to be practical beyond administrative tasks. That could be me and I could be just using them wrong. But, also remember human nature. People have to have something to bitch about, because if there is no complaining then mutiny is likely brewing.

glocksalot
04-16-15, 22:01
I don't know how reputable this site is but seems to be pretty legit, so heres a curveball:

http://www.guns.com/2015/04/16/magpul-glock-mag-update-we-screwed-up/

Phillygunguy
04-16-15, 22:16
I just got mine today put 150 rd s through them had no issues. I did have trouble putting17 rounds in but it sat with the slide closed and Fed every time

jnr4817
04-16-15, 22:24
I just received 6 of the GL9 17 mags from rainier arms and 2 had feeding issues and allowing the slide the fully slam home. Apparently, MagPul is aware and shipping out replacement bodies that have had the issues taken care of with retooling.

MountainRaven
04-17-15, 20:28
I am somewhat assuming they will be on par with the AR mags. I just have a thing where, other than 1911 mags, I don't trust non-OEM mags for my semi-autos.

If non-OEM includes Mec-Gar, then I fear there may be an issue here.

I have no problem trusting Mec-Gar magazines for SiGs, Berettas, and BHPs. But then again, Mec-Gar is the (or a) OEM producer for some or all of these companies magazines.

In any case, we may soon be reaching the point where OEM magazines are not the best magazines out there.

Although I suppose that this depends in large part on whether or not one calls Magpul's AR PMags OEM, considering the plethora of rifles (AKs, SR-25s, AR-15s) that ship with them nowadays.

T2C
04-17-15, 20:38
If non-OEM includes Mec-Gar, then I fear there may be an issue here.

I have no problem trusting Mec-Gar magazines for SiGs, Berettas, and BHPs. But then again, Mec-Gar is the (or a) OEM producer for some or all of these companies magazines.

In any case, we may soon be reaching the point where OEM magazines are not the best magazines out there.

Although I suppose that this depends in large part on whether or not one calls Magpul's AR PMags OEM, considering the plethora of rifles (AKs, SR-25s, AR-15s) that ship with them nowadays.

I agree. I had spare Mec-Gar magazines for my DA/SA S&W service pistols and I treated them like hammered dog shit. They never failed me.

BufordTJustice
04-17-15, 21:22
I agree. I had spare Mec-Gar magazines for my DA/SA S&W service pistols and I treated them like hammered dog shit. They never failed me.
Same with my old SIG. Two Mec Gar 15 rounders with my P228. Thousands of rounds. Inhumane abuse. They didn't bat an eye.

1oldgrunt
04-17-15, 23:03
Just got an email from Midway they returned all theirs and are awaiting a shipment with newer revised mags.....doesn't speak well for Magpul.............

SeriousStudent
04-17-15, 23:28
Just got an email from Midway they returned all theirs and are awaiting a shipment with newer revised mags.....doesn't speak well for Magpul.............

I honestly and politely disagree. I'll explain why.

Magpul contacted distributors, and told them they had discovered issues, and were sending replacements and parts.

Remember all the fun shenanigans with the Gen4 Glock? "Brass to face? What brass to face?". And I say that as someone who carries Glocks, and owns almost a dozen of the silly things.

Would you rather deal with Magpul's customer service or someone else? I have a metric butt-ton of Glock parts, and am a Glock armorer. But I think Magpul did a better job getting out in front of this, than some folks are giving them credit for.

Again, just a thought. I'm not throat-punching anybody here. But contemplate some of the stuff you have seen from other companies, and then ponder how this was handled - up front, in the first week of release.

DWood
04-18-15, 08:17
Yes, Magpul will make it right, but the statement they released indicates that an oversight was made during production and the changes required were known, but didn't get implemented. That's a pretty big mistake.

To their credit, they stepped up and owned it, and are in the process of fixing it, like a reputable company should. Good on them.

Frome the Magpul statement:
................. In short order found the problem. Without getting into technical details, some small, but critical geometry changes did not make it into the initial production molds. We should have caught this but no failures showed up on our factory guns during live fire testing and flaws in our internal processes of checks/balances did not flag the oversight as it should..................

ST911
04-18-15, 09:28
The problem reports and fixes with the G17 mags are being covered in the pmag 17 thread here. Let's leave this thread about the pmag 19.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?163947-PMAG-17-GL9-PMAG-for-Glock-9mm&p=2112750#post2112750

Alex V
04-18-15, 18:42
I'm in on a bunch of the G19 mags when you have them Grant.

Now if only you would get the (NJ and CO legal) 15round M&P9 full size mags I would be over the moon!

BoomDoc
05-07-15, 10:13
This is like kryptonite to a mag whore, Ill be needing my own pile of these.

brickboy240
05-07-15, 11:40
Magpul's website says Fall 2015 for the G19 15rd mags.

Anyone know a definite date yet? September? October?

...cannot wait! LOL

WaldoOneFive
05-07-15, 12:14
Magpul's website says Fall 2015 for the G19 15rd mags.

Anyone know a definite date yet? September? October?

...cannot wait! LOL

If Magpul says "Fall 2015" for a release date, then we'll see them released and available hopefully by Summer 2016...

MountainRaven
05-07-15, 12:58
If Magpul says "Fall 2015" for a release date, then we'll see them released and available hopefully by Summer 2016...

Like how we won't see their Glock 17 magazines and AK furniture until the end of the year?

They said 'Spring 2015' and so far, they're right on track.

JBecker 72
05-07-15, 13:45
Definitely in for at least 5 of these mags.

brickboy240
05-07-15, 13:55
So...jut in time to panic bulk buy them before the election/coronation of Hillary and the disappearance of all things gun again?

LOL

I bet they're out sooner. Good thing about these mags will be the learning curve is already there from the G17 mags and these ought to be GTG on the first go-round.

samuse
05-08-15, 21:26
So...jut in time to panic bulk buy them before the election/coronation of Hillary and the disappearance of all things gun again?

LOL

I bet they're out sooner. Good thing about these mags will be the learning curve is already there from the G17 mags and these ought to be GTG on the first go-round.

That's the exact thought I had. Roll out the most popular product right in time for an election panic.

C4IGrant
05-11-15, 09:04
Just got some more G17 mags (with the GEN 2 bodies) in stock for those interested.

C4

FishTaco
05-11-15, 21:21
As reliable as the factory mags?

C4IGrant
05-12-15, 07:58
As reliable as the factory mags?

With the new GEN 2 bodies? Yes. Without, you were probably going to run into an issue with HP ammo feeding.

C4