PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk comms

Hemoglobin
04-09-15, 19:38
I did some basic searching here and on google.

I'm currently using MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X ear pro which have a 3.5mm aux jack that I assume is a mic jack... I sent SRS a email, but can anyone dumb this down for me? I don't think they would just point me to something I don't need but they are still a business. I just need drizzle/rain proof/resistant comms to talk to a range party behind me. Random shooting convo/wife's boob job smack talk kinda stuff. I'm not going to syria. If I can plug a Gandier Mtn. Motorola in with a PTT plugged to it then I'm fine with that. I suppose It's possible that I could use it at some class down the road or something but honestly I doubt it.

Any recommendations in 2015? Pay scale of people I shoot with varies so I'm not talking Slynx black market 600% mark up they used these when they raided bin laden kinda things.

Edit: removed a fragmented sentence. Don't remember what I was going to add.

oneeek020
04-09-15, 20:01
Count me in for the info as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mysteryman
04-13-15, 19:59
The aux jack is mono and it is a listen only jack. Any 3.5mm plug will fit and allow you to hear a radio in one ear only(left I believe, with the mics facing forward). A simple and inexpensive throat mic or lapel speaker mic with a 3.5mm male male cord will do the trick. Sordin does offer the patch cord.

MM