PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought an LMT lately?

Caeser25
04-10-15, 20:41
Has anyone bought an LMT lately? Are they still boringly reliable?

dhena81
04-10-15, 21:12

I bought a FDE MWS LM8 a few days ago but haven't shot it.

There's no reason to believe LMT's has lowered their standards in any way they make great weapons.

arptsprt
04-10-15, 21:17
Not sure of your definition for lately, but I also purchased this same exact rifle about one year ago. It has been fantastic. Very reliable and fun to shoot. One of my favorite ARs.

I bought a FDE MWS LM8 a few days ago but haven't shot it.

hotrodder636
04-10-15, 22:14
Is boringly reliable not a good thing?

Kissel
04-11-15, 14:27
I picked up a LMT M4-type carbine about 16 months ago and, yes, it just runs.

товарищ
04-11-15, 17:45
Rifles are great, but their CS leaves a lot to be desired.

NetJunkie
04-11-15, 17:55

How so? I usually get great response out of them. Was sad to see they didn't come to the NRA show this weekend, though.

товарищ
04-11-15, 18:03
How so? I usually get great response out of them. Was sad to see they didn't come to the NRA show this weekend, though.

They made me return a sticking bolt catch in order to get a replacement.

jerrysimons
04-11-15, 18:16

Their CS took care of me on a small issue with a factory 10.5" upper. Gene runs the warranty department, good guy, no hassle.

markm
04-11-15, 18:19
Pappabear SBR'd an LMT lower and bought a 10.5 upper. Runs like a champ.

hatidua
04-11-15, 18:19
I miss my LMT 10.5 upper, should never have sold that one...

OH58D
04-11-15, 18:26
My experience with them has been excellent. Within the past year, I also bought a 10.5" upper and heavy buffer for an SBR'd LMT lower. No problems whatsoever. I have never thought their anodizing finish on the weapon was on par with older Colts, but I'm more interested in reliability.

krichbaum
04-11-15, 19:33
They made me return a sticking bolt catch in order to get a replacement.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if they want the bad part back I don't see that as bad CS or anything.

My only experience with their CS was excellent, probably the best I've seen from any firearm related company.

Firefly
04-11-15, 19:34
Hmm interesting about anodizing finish. Mine looks okay. Not that it matters.

I have an 8 year old LMT that is probably the best AR carbine I own. I have an 11 year old Colt 6920 so yes, that is saying something. Enhanced BCG, FF rail, and a Geissele trigger. Needs an ACOG at some point. Still have the SOPMOD stock it came with and see no reason to change it. I briefly perused the MRP but it seemed redundant compared to what I have.

I also have a 308 BCG for an SR25 kit that is sooo close to getting finished. Honestly I am a satisfied LMT customer. If I were going to get another AR like that, I'd get another.

BufordTJustice
04-11-15, 20:45
My agency just bought several hundred of them (more than 400). Not a single issue with any of them. We bought the basic 16" carbine gas with a drop in quad rail.

They run like stink. And we're ordering more.

They get punished like few private owners would ever treat their own guns. They are, so far, Deputy proof.

Scoby
04-12-15, 08:12
Pappabear SBR'd an LMT lower and bought a 10.5 upper. Runs like a champ.

I did the same. Runs great suppressed or unsuppressed.

I've owned a number of their products over the years and have yet to be disappointed.

Warrior1441
04-14-15, 16:33
LMT rifles are high quality. I would really like to get one in .308.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Costellow
04-14-15, 22:06
I picked up a LM8 MRP a little while back. No complaints here.

LoveAR
04-14-15, 22:15
I have an LMT Defender 2000 SBR. No issues so far running suppressed with a Saker 556.

TommyG
04-15-15, 14:31
Just picked up a Defender lower with 2 stage trigger and Sopmod stock. Picked it up from a friend that had an extra laying around. It is money with every upper that I have. I bought it as a spare and have run five different uppers on it with the same "boring" reliability. I want to build an SPR upper for it as it shoots to nicely.

Caeser25
04-15-15, 15:54
Is boringly reliable not a good thing?

It absolutely is. I have a lower sitting in my safe doing nothing and my 8 year old LMT just runs and runs. Thought I'd pick up another upper.

7.62NATO
04-15-15, 16:23
It absolutely is. I have a lower sitting in my safe doing nothing and my 8 year old LMT just runs and runs. Thought I'd pick up another upper.

FYI: Federal regulations prohibit lowers from sitting alone in the dark...

Tater2.0
04-15-15, 17:19
All I run are LMT lowers, and for that reason I haven't needed to purchase one in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wesr228
04-15-15, 18:15
Bought an MRP last year around November. Over 900 rounds so far and and not a hiccup. Absolutely love the rifle. My dealings with the CS have been great. Once because I lost the grip cap and they sent me a replacement for free, and another time to inquire about a part not on the website. Friendly people twice.

LMT's don't seem to get as much attention as a lot of other rifles, but maybe that's because they aren't the squeaky wheel.

7.62NATO
04-17-15, 09:00
You'll be hard-pressed to find a better lower for the money.