PDA

View Full Version : Best Pickup Truck Bedliner?

Averageman
04-11-15, 07:32
I'm getting the old one removed and a new liner installed, what's the new best bedliner out there?
It wont see heavy use, mostly haul some lumber and the occasional couple of cinder blocks.

Shorts
04-11-15, 09:53
LineX

OH58D
04-11-15, 09:56
Out here in ranch country, Line X has served us well. No Rhino Lining company close by so I don't know how good it is. From what I understand, even Line X can be screwed up if it's not done right. Maybe ask others who have used a particular franchise operator.

docsherm
04-11-15, 10:13
LineX

I concur.

SilverBullet432
04-11-15, 10:31
LineX.

thecolter
04-11-15, 10:43
Another vote for LineX here. I had it sprayed in my truck back in 2007 and it's held up great. It's under a tonneau and still looks new when clean.

FlyingHunter
04-12-15, 07:43
Experienced and thorough preparation before the spraying is the key. Find a dealer that's been around for a while.

SOWT
04-12-15, 13:48
Went to a Line-X dealer, very happy (we paid extra to have the bed-liner colored to match the truck)

cbx
04-12-15, 19:17
For looks, spray on. If your going to drop heavy stuff in and drag pallets spray on Will be shot in no time. The plastic insert type is the toughest for that job. They are also more slick.

Think about how you'll use it. For your use I'd say spray on.

SilverBullet432
04-12-15, 19:21
For looks, spray on. If your going to drop heavy stuff in and drag pallets spray on Will be shot in no time. The plastic insert type is the toughest for that job. They are also more slick.

Think about how you'll use it. For your use I'd say spray on.

Drop in liners corrode your bed.

Moose-Knuckle
04-12-15, 20:48
Don't use Rhino, my old truck's Rhino liner faded from UV rays and some simple rope I used for tie downs actually cut into the Rhino material.

cbx
04-12-15, 21:27
Drop in liners corrode your bed.
That they do. The bodies on newer trucks seem to hold up better. If you get serious corrosion there, you'll have it other places too.

HardToHandle
04-12-15, 23:05
Happy with Rhino liner. As noted earlier, the installer told me it would fade, which it did, but less than expected.

I liked it as it had more give, elasticity, than Line X. Less likely to slip and more comfortable to sleep in the truck bed.

AKDoug
04-12-15, 23:41
Linex. Mine is in a nine year old truck used every day for serious work. I have ONE spot that has torn up and that was from a forklift fork. Even the carbides on my snowmobile skis haven't torn it up.

JBecker 72
04-12-15, 23:53
Line-X here as well. Have had 2 trucks done with it now. Incredibly tough stuff. One of my work trucks had a Rhino liner and it faded and peeled up in a lot of places. Never had a problem with Line-X though.

I just got a 15 Tacoma, and even though it has the plastic bed, I'm gonna get it done as well soon.

brickboy240
04-13-15, 10:43
I have had LineX liners installed in the last 3 pickups I have owned. Never had any troubles.

My current GMC 2500 came with a Rhino Pro liner already installed. The truck was 2.5 years old with 28k miles on it when I bought it and it was obvious the previous owner hardly hauled a damn thing.

So far...I have hauled a refrigerator, a clothes dryer, landscaping rocks and regularly haul a 450cc Honda ATV and my mt. bikes all the time. The Rhino Pro liner looks completely awful! It looks worse than the LineX liner in my old Tundra after 9 years and 260k miles of hauling the same types of things. I have a few tears in the liner where I dragged the refrigerator and other deep gouges from landscaping rocks and various hand tools and fencing materials we use out on the family ranch.

Yes...if you have a choice...I would stay far away from Rhino linings. If my truck did not already have the Rhino liner...I would have gone with LineX.

My truck is a 2012 but the liner looks like ones I have had in trucks 8-10 years old! LOL

RCI1911
04-13-15, 12:00
I have a Reflex spray-on liner on my truck. I don't care for it much. It is too soft. I've heard and seen that Rhino's fade. I wish I would have went with a LineX liner.

scottryan
04-13-15, 12:51
Unless you haul rocks or do construction for a living, the best is Reflex.

Reflex is more rubbery so plastic gas cans and coolers don't slide around.

Line X is too hard and rough. It is great for construction workers and sucks if you are an outdoorsman.

Rhino is in between Line X and Reflex for softness.

I can assure your that most people in this thread have not used all 3 of them.

Averageman
04-13-15, 13:10
The reason I ask is that the liner I have in now has given up and begun to flake off.
At 11 years old I guess I should have expected it to go. I believe, (but I will check the receipt) that it was rhino liner.
When I get back in town I will check my paperwork and see if I have a life-time guarantee on it.
@ 600 bucks for a new spray in liner a life-time guarantee would be nice at this point.

JBecker 72
04-13-15, 13:27
Unless you haul rocks or do construction for a living, the best is Reflex.

Reflex is more rubbery so plastic gas cans and coolers don't slide around.

Line X is too hard and rough. It is great for construction workers and sucks if you are an outdoorsman.

Rhino is in between Line X and Reflex for softness.

I can assure your that most people in this thread have not used all 3 of them.

Line-X is hard and can be a bit slippery at times. That's why I also use a rubber bed mat with it so things don't go sliding around.

SilverBullet432
04-13-15, 13:33
I use a rubber stall mat in my bed to keep stuff from rolling around. Works great, weighs about 100 pnds though.

docsherm
04-13-15, 15:01
I use ratchet straps with my LineX and have no issues with stuff sliding around............:dirol:

ramairthree
04-13-15, 18:18
What kind of price difference for each?

My 3/4 ton is going to get sprayed in bed liner after the goose neck install. For it just gets scratched up and is too slickery.

IZinterrogator
04-13-15, 23:49
I had Diamond Liner in my old truck and LineX in my current one. The Diamond Liner chipped a little at the edge on the tailgate, but it didn't spread. The LineX is too new for me to make a durability judgment, but it sure grips well.

Tigereye
04-14-15, 03:53
LineX in my truck and the only problem spot is where I hit it with a shovel while unloading gravel. I've been happy with the liner. I have Monstaliner in my Jeep and have been happy with it too. I had a drop in bed liner in a truck years ago and will not do that again.

RCI1911
04-14-15, 07:49
I use a rubber stall mat in my bed to keep stuff from rolling around. Works great, weighs about 100 pnds though.

This. They are relatively inexpensive and help protect the bed from dropped or heavy items.