PDA

View Full Version : Another Discovery Channel Gun Show in Trouble - GUNSMOKE

Bowser
04-12-15, 04:09
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/wheat-ridge/gunsmoke-guns-owner-rich-wyatt-arrested-on-theft-charges04102015

Looks like earlier troubles too...

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/03/31/atf-agents-raid-gunshop-in-wheatridge/

HKGuns
04-12-15, 08:08
This is yet another MSM attempt to discredit the firearms community. Put some tools on TV who are known to have issues, then sensationalize all of their "issues" afterward.

You tell me how likely it is that both recent TV shows featuring gun stores are off the air with legal issues.

cbx
04-12-15, 10:24
Discovery doesn't vett anyone that well. All of their shows seem to have a shady back story full of attention whores. Possibly why they make good reality tv stars.

Read up on wyatts past and you'll be like [emoji51]

Talon167
04-12-15, 12:39
^^What else did he do?

HKGuns
04-12-15, 13:30
It appears he was fired in 2005 as Chief of Police. How hard would that be for them to find?

cbx
04-12-15, 19:08
^^What else did he do?
Just google then. Lots of bed time reading. Lots of wtf.

cbx
04-12-15, 19:14
He was held in contempt for not returning nudie photos to his ex, Rebecca..... Didn't pay her either.

Stole weapons, or just multiple boating accidents, multiple times....lol

Moose-Knuckle
04-12-15, 20:39
He was held in contempt for not returning nudie photos to his ex, Rebecca..... Didn't pay her either.

If he took the photos with his camera then her cheesecake pics are his property as he was the photographer.

jpmuscle
04-12-15, 20:50
If he took the photos with his camera then her cheesecake pics are his property as he was the photographer.
So long as there's a watermark lol...

cbx
04-12-15, 21:23
I don't know the details. All I know what that he was ordered to return them.

Iraqgunz
04-13-15, 07:16
Everything I know indicates self inflicted stupidity.

sevenhelmet
04-13-15, 07:28
Never thought much of the guy, or the show.

OH58D
04-13-15, 08:17
Never thought much of the guy, or the show.

Never thought much of these gun shows which end with some kind of explosion to impress the client. This Wyatt dude came across as a real prick, especially when he delivered precious metals or bundles of freshly minted cash to clients in a helicopter.

Hank6046
04-13-15, 08:44
Everything I know indicates self inflicted stupidity.

This is why I fear for the gun community, when we don't have a great public face and those we do have come from the Discovery Channel

sevenhelmet
04-13-15, 12:03
This is why I fear for the gun community, when we don't have a great public face and those we do have come from the Discovery Channel

There are plenty of good public faces in the shooting community- they are just not tasteless attention whores like the Wyatt family, so they aren't on "reality" TV. It does seem like main stream media seeks these people out though, reference the whole Duck Dynasty "surprise". :rolleyes:

I don't take too much away from this except Wyatt's past finally caught up with him. I'm only surprised it took this long.

On that note, are there any good mainstream shows about guns these days? Honest question since I don't watch much TV.

Averageman
04-13-15, 13:06
It would seem to me that if you decide to put your Family on a Discovery Channel "reality" show you're playing with fire.
Other than "Duck Dynasty" I don't think many folks go unscathed. Even they have had no end of drama associated with the show, but at least they are still together.
Wyatt was the King of contrived drama. His Wife and daughter were usually looking the part of Queen of the Trailer Park. He loved his "Game Changers" and Explosions.
The only good thing I can say about the whole mess was, his son had some talent as an engraver.

MountainRaven
04-13-15, 15:11
I thought most of these shows were cancelled in December of 2012/January of 2013 in response to the Sandy Hook shooting.

Moose-Knuckle
04-13-15, 23:15
To be honest I never watched the show, or any Sons of Guns, etc. I have a co-worker who knows I'm a gun guy and loves the shows, he was shocked by my response when he asked me if I watched them lol.