PDA

View Full Version : Colt match Target Lower compatability

CJGarza
07-12-08, 18:09
I will be receiving a Colt Match lower very soon and I was wondering about it's compatability with other uppers. From what I understand it has the large pins. Will the size of the lower pins affect it's function with different uppers?

What about spare parts? Can they still be found?

markm
07-12-08, 19:01
The large pin on a "match target" means that the fire control pins are large. It will fit with all standard uppers.

Large pin spare parts can be had from brownells or S.A.W. Don't sweat it!

Iraqgunz
07-12-08, 19:09
The pin size in your lower receiver will be important down the road should you decide to play around with it. The pins for the hammer and trigger are going to be .170 vice .155.

I will be receiving a Colt Match lower very soon and I was wondering about it's compatability with other uppers. From what I understand it has the large pins. Will the size of the lower pins affect it's function with different uppers?

What about spare parts? Can they still be found?

scottryan
07-12-08, 23:12
Depending on when your lower was made, it may or may not be drilled for a pushpin.

CJGarza
07-13-08, 00:39
The seller said it will work with any upper so I assume it is of a later date than the ones you mention.

At what date/SN should I be concerned?

Frens
07-13-08, 02:04
The seller said it will work with any upper so I assume it is of a later date than the ones you mention.

At what date/SN should I be concerned?

my MT HBar bought in april 2000 with S/N CMH035xxx is drilled for milspec front push pin (but it came with the screw type pin)

HTH
;)