PDA

View Full Version : The Well Armed Woman

T2C
04-15-15, 10:07
We had a woman approach us at our gun club board meeting last night concerning using our facility for a new chapter of The Well Armed Woman. Naturally, our club strongly supports women who are involved in the shooting sports and we want to facilitate her request.

Has anyone had any first hand experience with this organization? Until this was brought up at the meeting, I had not heard of the organization and only know what I learned from visiting their website this morning.

sevenhelmet
04-15-15, 14:56
I never heard of it either, but here is their website:

http://thewellarmedwoman.com/

SteyrAUG
04-15-15, 16:40
Looks fine to me.

Actually pretty well organized website with what looks like solid information. Perhaps a couple hundred Bubba sites should consider a copy / paste.

WillBrink
04-15-15, 18:11
We had a woman approach us at our gun club board meeting last night concerning using our facility for a new chapter of The Well Armed Woman. Naturally, our club strongly supports women who are involved in the shooting sports and we want to facilitate her request.

Has anyone had any first hand experience with this organization? Until this was brought up at the meeting, I had not heard of the organization and only know what I learned from visiting their website this morning.

Never heard of it. A group I'm more familiar with is the Second Amendment Sisters:

http://www.2asisters.org/

FlyingHunter
04-15-15, 19:52
I met them at a local Cabelas once as they had a table advocating 2A and womens rights/freedoms. I left with a solid and positive impression for their advocacy. Women should be a growing supportive member of 2A rights - I say embrace and support them.

I was at the recent Nashville NRA meeting and my wife pointed out the obvious regarding the huge portraits/photos hanging from the entry into the exhibit hall...yep - all old white guys.

They also had a booth at the NRA show but I didn't have a chance to stop by and visit.

kittyhawk
04-16-15, 17:14
My lil sister is a group leader of the NW Arkansas chapter and she Loves it. She has used the WAW to launch the shooting and training carrier. She has gotten NRA certs in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, home defense and several more and NRA range officer.
She has helped quite a few women get into the shooting sports. I really think highly of them. I just wish there was a chapter closer to me to get my wife involved with.

T2C
04-16-15, 19:16
My lil sister is a group leader of the NW Arkansas chapter and she Loves it. She has used the WAW to launch the shooting and training carrier. She has gotten NRA certs in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, home defense and several more and NRA range officer.
She has helped quite a few women get into the shooting sports. I really think highly of them. I just wish there was a chapter closer to me to get my wife involved with.

Thank you for your comments. The Board of Directors at our club want to facilitate the program without the appearance of interference by men. We just have to determine how to best do that.

The woman who made the request to us attended NRA Women on Target, NRA Basic Pistol, and NRA Pistol Instructor courses put on by some of the male members of our club. We only have about 6 NRA Pistol Instructors at our club who are women and we are trying to improve on that number.

Part of my motivation to support them is a little selfish. I believe that at the grass roots level women have more influence in the political arena than men and we can use all the help we can get at the state and federal levels.

FlyingHunter
04-16-15, 20:38
Thank you for your comments. The Board of Directors at our club want to facilitate the program without the appearance of interference by men. We just have to determine how to best do that.

The woman who made the request to us attended NRA Women on Target, NRA Basic Pistol, and NRA Pistol Instructor courses put on by some of the male members of our club. We only have about 6 NRA Pistol Instructors at our club who are women and we are trying to improve on that number.

Part of my motivation to support them is a little selfish. I believe that at the grass roots level women have more influence in the political arena than men and we can use all the help we can get at the state and federal levels.

That's not selfish...That's smart.

AKDoug
04-16-15, 21:50
The gun club I am president of have hosted a couple WAW meetings. They have always been a solid group to deal with.

Moose-Knuckle
04-17-15, 00:13
Never heard of them until this thread. Good stuff!