PDA

View Full Version : Rebarrel

deltaARman
07-12-08, 20:12
I have recently purchased a 6.8 after shooting my fathers, So I was wanting to rebarrel my ar 10 (T) for more of a longer range weapon, It currently has a 16 inch barrel. I want a 18 inch barrel, I have been looking at krieger barrels and thinking of having Ted Brown install it . But I was wanting feed back, is there any other barrels out there that are better?

Soulrack223
07-12-08, 21:10
I know that Kreiger have an extensive following with the competitive shooting crowd. I am not an expert but I've seen posts of amazing groups fired with a number of barrels including Lilja, Noveske, Rock, Douglas, White Oak, Compass Lake, Lothar Walther... I am sure none of them would be the weak link in your set-up.

deltaARman
07-13-08, 18:22
My father has a remington r-5 mil spec that has a rock barrel and his deadly accurate but I wasn't aware that they made barrels for the armalite ar 10?

Soulrack223
07-13-08, 21:38
My father has a remington r-5 mil spec that has a rock barrel and his deadly accurate but I wasn't aware that they made barrels for the armalite ar 10?

Honestly, I don't know for sure. I wouldn't be surprised though because he makes AR barrels for Denny at Global Tactical. If not, you could probably have a qualified gunsmith ad the barrel extension and drill the port etc. after the barrel is made. Rock may even have one they recommend.
http://www.rockcreekbarrels.com/index.htm