PDA

View Full Version : Background check

williejc
04-16-15, 13:55
Today I was hired as a substitute teacher to work in another teacher's place for the rest of the school year and was told to report Monday morning. Then the big boss remembered that I had not been fingerprinted and undergone a background check. I showed him my CHL, which in Texas is continuous scrutiny. CHL holders' names are flagged if any criminal history occurs. He agreed and added that he has one also. So, I'm reporting to work Monday at a small rural school district.

BoringGuy45
04-16-15, 15:00
Today I was hired as a substitute teacher to work in another teacher's place for the rest of the school year and was told to report Monday morning. Then the big boss remembered that I had not been fingerprinted and undergone a background check. I showed him my CHL, which in Texas is continuous scrutiny. CHL holders' names are flagged if any criminal history occurs. He agreed and added that he has one also. So, I'm reporting to work Monday at a small rural school district.

God bless Texas! If you had done that in New Jersey or Massachusetts, they'd probably say that having a CHL was the same as actually having the gun on you, and would have you arrested for carrying a gun on school grounds.

SilverBullet432
04-17-15, 13:46
Theres a few counties here that allow teacher carry.

SomeOtherGuy
04-17-15, 14:07
God bless Texas! If you had done that in New Jersey or Massachusetts, they'd probably say that having a CHL was the same as actually having the gun on you, and would have you arrested for carrying a gun on school grounds.

Completely stupid and illogical - and therefore very likely right, in those states.