PDA

View Full Version : Felon Attacks Open Carrier for His Weapon In Washington Walmart

Amp Mangum
04-16-15, 20:22
A 32-year-old man who was shopping with at least three children at a Yakima Wal-Mart was the victim of an unprovoked assault when a stranger picked up a metal tee-ball bat and struck him, according to Yakima police.

http://bearingarms.com/felon-attacks-open-carrier-weapon-washington-walmart/?utm_source=gpfbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=gpupdate

SteyrAUG
04-16-15, 21:52
Happens to cops regularly.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/393484/why-police-officers-cant-let-assailants-attack-them-and-take-their-guns-rich-lowry

Just like cops, if you are going to carry a gun, wear a Rolex or drive a fancy car you better pay attention to those around you who would like to take those things by force.

Moose-Knuckle
04-17-15, 00:14
"These things happen" - MarkM

ABNAK
04-17-15, 01:05
If that had been me, and just had a full-force attempt to bash my head in with a bat, it would have been HARD to not pull that trigger. That momentary rage of thinking "This motherf****r just tried to bash my head in!" would have been difficult to control. :angry:

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-17-15, 01:24
Self-defense with open carry is like trying to pick up girls with you junk hanging out of your open fly. Keep that stuff covered till its time to go loud, you always think its bigger and more intimidating than anyone else does.

Moose-Knuckle
04-17-15, 01:24
If that had been me, and just had a full-force attempt to bash my head in with a bat, it would have been HARD to not pull that trigger. That momentary rage of thinking "This motherf****r just tried to bash my head in!" would have been difficult to control. :angry:

It would have been a good shoot considering a bat is considered a deadly weapon.

SteyrAUG
04-17-15, 03:04
Self-defense with open carry is like trying to pick up girls with you junk hanging out of your open fly. Keep that stuff covered till its time to go loud, you always think its bigger and more intimidating than anyone else does.

I can think of at least three instances where I was being checked out and sized up for bad things and the gun on my hip changed things dramatically. As a general rule (so long as you don't get stupid about it) post hurricane environments become "open carry" options. There are no street lights at night and sometimes the folks with no good intent come within 10 feet or so before they realize they need a new plan.

The best was the night I was open carrying a MP5 on my property. At this point several neighbors had been hit a few blocks over night after night. We had a bunch of guys driving through on bicycles after dusk but for some reason our block didn't seem to get worked as hard. But they were out there checking options, so was I.

I definitely had my junk out hoping to score.

Moose-Knuckle
04-17-15, 03:07
The best was the night I was open carrying a MP5 on my property.

Well that just beat every "One time at band camp" story I have ever heard. Anyone looking for a new sig line has some material to work with . . .

Eurodriver
04-17-15, 06:23
Well that just beat every "One time at band camp" story I have ever heard. Anyone looking for a new sig line has some material to work with . . .

Haha. I was going to use this one:

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-17-15, 09:11
I can think of at least three instances where I was being checked out and sized up for bad things and the gun on my hip changed things dramatically. As a general rule (so long as you don't get stupid about it) post hurricane environments become "open carry" options. There are no street lights at night and sometimes the folks with no good intent come within 10 feet or so before they realize they need a new plan.

The best was the night I was open carrying a MP5 on my property. At this point several neighbors had been hit a few blocks over night after night. We had a bunch of guys driving through on bicycles after dusk but for some reason our block didn't seem to get worked as hard. But they were out there checking options, so was I.

Perfectly fine to have your junk hanging out at an orgy.

I'm sure an MP5 AND your junk would have made an even better impression.

7.62NATO
04-17-15, 09:17
If you feel the need to flaunt your junk, for f sake keep it in a retention holster.

Honu
04-17-15, 12:27
amazed the story was not the security guard heard a gun shot and came to see a body on the floor with a bat in hand

SteyrAUG
04-17-15, 14:07

To me it's a matter of mindset.

If you think having a gun on your hip is all that is necessary to keep the bad guys at bay you are fooling yourself. It simply becomes "one more thing" that you have to be vigilant about. I enjoy having the "option" for those times when it is among the better choices but I also love jacket weather.

glocktogo
04-17-15, 15:11

Only if it's an SD man. ;)

SteyrAUG
04-17-15, 15:44
Only if it's an SD man. ;)

SDs have a terminal ballistics issue. I much prefer an A2 with an add on suppressor.

Bubba FAL
04-17-15, 17:40

Not only hurricanes, but tornadoes as well. I spent the better part of the evening of 22 May 2011 sitting on a folding chair in front of what remained of my house with a fully loaded Mossberg 590 lying across my lap. Amazing how quickly people changed their minds about wandering down our street when they saw me sitting there.

FlyingHunter
04-17-15, 19:06

Hilarious!

T2C
04-17-15, 21:19
If you believe that merely carrying a firearm will keep you from harm, you need to rethink your position. An alert, well trained, experienced person fighting with empty hands or an improvised impact/edged weapon is more capable of defending themselves than someone who solely relies on a firearm for self defense purposes.

glocktogo
04-17-15, 21:35
SDs have a terminal ballistics issue. I much prefer an A2 with an add on suppressor.

You totally missed the double entendre.

http://www.troll.me/images/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/son-i-am-disappoint.jpg

Cincinnatus
04-17-15, 21:47

Epic, sig-line stuff there.