PDA

View Full Version : Looking or trigger opinions.

adluginb
04-20-15, 02:20
Wanting to replace my stock single stage trigger on a couple guns and looking for ideas?

Geisselee ssa-e, JP, KAC maybe even RRA 2 stage? I want to buy right the first time so if it costs a little more that's fine. On the flip side if there is a nice 2 stage and it's cheap then all the better. It will go on my spr build.

Thanks for suggestions

el_chingoton13
04-20-15, 02:26
Huge fan of the SSA-E. You would not be disappointed with it.

adluginb
04-20-15, 02:28
Just from what I've read I'm leaning that way , but wanted to get some differing opinions. Also where is best place to buy any of the naive trigger groups?

Thanks for info Justin.

Sevo
04-20-15, 05:28
I have the SSA-E and love it, but I like the AR Gold, and Wilson TTU 3G a little better. To me, the last two feel like they have a crisper break and shorter reset and feel very "1911"ish. The Geissele National Match is also nice because it is almost like the SSA-E but you can adjust it, which is a feature I like on an SPR.

Zane1844
04-20-15, 07:26
I have had both the SSA and SSA-E. I prefer the SSA for 'general purpose'. The E version was too light for my type of shooting. For an SPR, The E version should do well.

Also check out the Geissele 2 Stage.

http://geissele.com/geissele-2-stage-trigger.html

Berserkr556
04-20-15, 07:36
I have had both the SSA and SSA-E. I prefer the SSA for 'general purpose'.

I second this ^^^. If you're going to use your ARs for home defense, duty, plinking or combat the SSA is the way to go. If you look you may find it on sale for under $200.

el_chingoton13
04-20-15, 08:05
Trading place pawn has the cheapest if you use their coupon code for $10 off.

Tater2.0
04-20-15, 08:14
I have been running the Geissele SDC for about 2 years and I love it. Reset is crisp and there is minimal take-up. My buddy installed one of their 3 gun triggers in his training carbine that thing was way to light for my purposes. Cheapest I've seen the SDC is $210 on ADCO's site. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsd1983
04-20-15, 08:41
I've run an SD-E Flat and a RRA 2 stage. I cheated a bit with the Rock River and added the JP Enhanced Spring Kit, wound up with about a 3.5-4lb pull. The only thing I didn't care for with the Rock River was the reset. It was heavy, clunky, and kind of long for a 2-stage.

Against my better thoughts I bought one of the Dark Sky Solutions trigger groups and actually have been extremely impressed with them so far. 3.5 single stage, with a nice short reset. At $160 deliviered, it was a touch less than most CMC groups prior to shipping.

That being said, I'll probably go back to GA for a precision rifle for the reliability, but the DSS is just fine for a competition/fun rifle.

OIPactual
04-20-15, 09:00
I have used a g2s for a while now, and have had great luck with it.

GH41
04-20-15, 09:06
I also find the SD-E (same as SSA-E with flat bow) too edgy for GP use even running the C springs. Before buying a $200++ trigger group you should give the $65 ALG-ACT a try. The improvement over the standard trigger maybe all you need.

ltwhiteagle
04-20-15, 09:21
I have had both the SSA and SSA-E. I prefer the SSA for 'general purpose'. The E version was too light for my type of shooting. For an SPR, The E version should do well.

Agreed. I have a SSA-E and really like it, use it with a 8" 22lr upper, 8" 300 blk upper, and 10.3" 5.56 upper and all run great. Only issue I ever had was with bad Fiocchi 300 blk ammo, primers kept coming out and a piece dropped into the trigger and forced it to stop. After a thorough cleaning it's back to normal, although it's not the trigger's fault obviously, but maybe a trigger with looser standards like a basic mil-spec would have kept running? I doubt it, but idk.

Zane1844
04-20-15, 10:23
Agreed. I have a SSA-E and really like it, use it with a 8" 22lr upper, 8" 300 blk upper, and 10.3" 5.56 upper and all run great. Only issue I ever had was with bad Fiocchi 300 blk ammo, primers kept coming out and a piece dropped into the trigger and forced it to stop. After a thorough cleaning it's back to normal, although it's not the trigger's fault obviously, but maybe a trigger with looser standards like a basic mil-spec would have kept running? I doubt it, but idk.

I've seen a primer stop a KAC 2 stage trigger in a class. I think it would lock up in trigger if it gets in there right.

556BlackRifle
04-20-15, 10:30
The SSA-E is my favorite trigger. No problems with mine and outstanding up close or long range performance. I'm also a huge fan of the ALG - ACT. Yeah it's single stage and the trigger pull is heavier however, it's very smooth with no overtravel and ~ 1/3 the cost......

SomeOtherGuy
04-20-15, 12:48
It really depends what you want to do with the lower and what kind of trigger you like. There is not one size fits all.

The Geissele SSA and its relatives (SDC, G2S, Super Tricon) are very nice triggers that are light enough to be crisp but not so light as to be a problem. The SSA-E and SDE are noticeably lighter and would be good for precision, but IMHO not general use. The G2S is relatively reasonably priced. I would definitely get it before even thinking about a RRA.

On the lower cost and single stage side, I have been very unimpressed with the ALG ACT having used three of them. The new Hiperfire EDT is an $85 trigger aimed at a similar market (lower cost, not super light) but has a significantly better pull and reset. If you want a medium weight single stage, or just can't spend $145 on a G2S, I'd look at the EDT.

Sasahara
04-20-15, 14:19
As a general use rifle I would have to suggest the SSA (and its relatives) as SomeOtherGuy said. I currently have a SD-C in my rifle and, while I love it I am not sure the flat trigger is for me. You might want to see if there is someone in the area that has one of the flat-faced offerings to see if its right for you.

Storkenheimer
04-20-15, 17:26
The ALG ACT was a great improvement over the standard Colt and DD triggers i had before. The SSA was even better yet.

L84Cabp
04-24-15, 17:38
Wilson Combat TTU Trigger is a fantastic trigger. Is it the best? I don't know. At this level, it's pretty subjective. But it's every bit as good as their 1911 triggers. There's lots of good reviews out on it and a little GoogleFu should yield several results.

BluegrassGunGuy
04-25-15, 05:06
I cant say anything about Geissele's other triggers but the S3G I have in mine is outstanding I honestly wouldn't want any other trigger in an AR.

b2dap1
04-25-15, 05:42
I have an SSA and its great! However, I just got a Willson TTU Mil-Spec and I am in love with it!! I think I am more of a single sage guy. To top it off it has the best reset Ive ever seen on a AR trigger. All my buddies have Geissele but one by one they all are raving about the Wilson trigger.

Chrisreedrules
04-25-15, 05:51
I prefer Geissele to any other trigger out there. I've been running a CMC 3.5lb single stage in one of my rifles for about a year now too and it is also very nice. Geissele is pricey, but you get why you pay for. I love their 2 stage triggers for precision stuff and I run the SD3G in all my others.

TSD422
04-25-15, 06:24
You can't go wrong with the ssa or the ssa-e. I run the ssa in my patrol rifle and the ssa-e in my m&p10.

Teolax
04-25-15, 08:42
Geiselle ssa for me. I much prefer a 2 stage trigger fwiw.

theGOLDENchild
04-25-15, 09:48
Primary Arms has sales fairly often. I just got an SSA for $182.25 + SH.

lysander
05-03-15, 20:42
Armalite makes a pretty good trigger

Nightstalker865
05-03-15, 21:38
I was introduced to Geissele triggers in our issued guns and now I won't go without one.

Geissele SSA-E is my favorite off the shelf trigger.

I also have one of their S3G triggers. It is fantastic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singlestack Wonder
05-03-15, 21:59
Serious use rifle - Geissele SSA or SSA-E (for dmr or spr rifles)

Gamer rifle - doesn't matter