PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Doom

KrampusArms
04-22-15, 22:27
I want to start this thread for those of you who may have any interest in old school computer type games. I'm somewhat reluctant to start this thread, but I'm having such a great time, I thought I would share.

If you have ever played Doom (circa 90's), you need to check this out.

Basically, there's a "mod" I guess you could call it, called "Brutal Doom". What this mod does, is transform the original version, into a high impact, visceral, gore fest. And it does it without betraying its core "style".

Please, if you liked the original Doom, jump through the hoops to get set up with the mod. Try it out.

edit: to add link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89iszJNcKQw

cbx
04-23-15, 00:18
Good times.... We were talking about our first pentium pc the other day. Hard to believe that was as over 20 years ago.

Moose-Knuckle
04-23-15, 03:00
I was always more of a Wolfenstein guy myself. But IMHO Doom 3 is still one of the all time best shooters.

Nice hack, thanks for sharing the vid.

KrampusArms
04-23-15, 03:15
I was always more of a Wolfenstein guy myself. But IMHO Doom 3 is still one of the all time best shooters.

This is way better than Doom 3. Ha ha ha.

warning to people clicking the link, the music is horrible

BoringGuy45
04-23-15, 14:27

Doom 3. Fun game, but I still couldn't get past the fact that:

1) It takes place in the future and, sometime between now and then, the military stopped using night vision and weapon-mounted lights
2) Space Marines are apparently incapable of using a weapon and a flashlight at the same time.

I KNOW it was supposed to be the challenge in the game, but that was still stupid.

jpmuscle
04-23-15, 14:31
Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, and Duke Nukem were all awesome. "I'm here to kick a** and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum..." Classic.

Was it Doom or Wolfenstein where if you IDCLIP you could walk through walls?

KalashniKEV
04-23-15, 15:59
Was it Doom or Wolfenstein where if you IDCLIP you could walk through walls?

Doom.

IDSPISPOPD
IDKFA

Outlander Systems
04-23-15, 17:48
Doom, Wolfenstein, and Quake were all awesome. "I'm here to kick a** and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum..." Classic.

Duke Nuke Me!

jpmuscle
04-23-15, 19:20
Are their any emulators so I can run doom on my lap top? This is bringing back some awesome childhood memories.

KrampusArms
04-23-15, 20:31
Are their any emulators so I can run doom on my lap top? This is bringing back some awesome childhood memories.

All I know, is that my MacBook pro from 2008 is running the Doom game, as well as Doom 2 with the "Brutal Doom" mod perfectly. I'm pretty sure you don't need any type of emulator. I'd tell you exactly what to do, but my girlfriend installed the whole package on here for me. I'm an idiot when it comes o computers.

Like I say, do yourself a favor and get the BRUTAL Doom version, mine is version 19. I promise you won't be let down. Its not a mod that changes the core style of the game. It merely enhances it. Essentially, it transforms the original into a high energy blood bath. Pieces and parts of bodies, blood spraying everywhere, entrails and gore sliding off the walls, that kind of thing. You can also aim precisely like in modern fps games and target the heads or legs, and blow them clean off. When you blow off an enemies head, it will explode, shooting legs; they come clean off and the bad guys/monsters will hop around screaming. Its bad ass.

Moose-Knuckle
04-23-15, 23:18
Doom 3. Fun game, but I still couldn't get past the fact that:

1) It takes place in the future and, sometime between now and then, the military stopped using night vision and weapon-mounted lights
2) Space Marines are apparently incapable of using a weapon and a flashlight at the same time.

I KNOW it was supposed to be the challenge in the game, but that was still stupid.

True but the game designers made up for it with weapons like the BFG-9000, Ionized Plasma Levitator, Plasma Gun, and the Chaingun.

cbx
04-23-15, 23:25
Doom.

IDSPISPOPD
IDKFA
I forgot about idclip....

Anyone remember what up down up down left right left right a b start is for nostalgia?

jpmuscle
04-24-15, 01:59
I forgot about idclip....

Anyone remember what up down up down left right left right a b start is for nostalgia?

Finishing move in mortal kombat?

and BFG9000? YESSSSSSSSSS

Airhasz
04-24-15, 04:48
This is way better than Doom 3. Ha ha ha.

warning to people clicking the link, the music is horrible

Excellent killing music, you must be getting old.

jpmuscle
04-24-15, 05:21
FWIW I'd like to express my unimaginable disappointment in the movie DOOM with the rock... It had the potential to be sooooo awesome.. I mean opening a gateway to hell? How could they screw that up? But they did... should have been criminal really.

Moose-Knuckle
04-24-15, 05:51
FWIW I'd like to express my unimaginable disappointment in the movie DOOM with the rock... It had the potential to be sooooo awesome.. I mean opening a gateway to hell? How could they screw that up? But they did... should have been criminal really.

Yeah the movie blew, typical of movies based on games.

jpmuscle
04-24-15, 05:54
Yeah the movie blew, typical of movies based on games.

This in combo with your sig pic made me chuckle aloud.

cbx
04-24-15, 08:39
Finishing move in mortal kombat?

and BFG9000? YESSSSSSSSSS

Is it? I was thinking it was the code for for Contra...... Getting old sucks. I can't remember shit.

KalashniKEV
04-24-15, 13:00
Is it? I was thinking it was the code for for Contra...... Getting old sucks. I can't remember shit.

It's the Konami Code... and he has it wrong.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Konami_Code.svg/800px-Konami_Code.svg.png

WickedWillis
04-24-15, 13:59
There is a new Doom in the works as we speak.

Moose-Knuckle
04-25-15, 00:41
There is a new Doom in the works as we speak.

Oh snap!

Haven't had a console since X-Box so might have to get back into gaming.

jpmuscle
04-25-15, 00:46
That is perhaps the happiest thing I've heard thus far this year.

Outlander Systems
04-25-15, 09:50
It's the Konami Code... and he has it wrong.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Konami_Code.svg/800px-Konami_Code.svg.png

Someone needs to bring back Contra.

My first NES game was Jackal...and it was glorious.

KrampusArms
04-26-15, 18:43
Excellent killing music, you must be getting old.

Yeah, turned 30 not long ago. I am feeling older. I never have liked that guttural screeching rock though.