PDA

View Full Version : Floridians - have you seen next week's weather?

Eurodriver
04-25-15, 18:59
The high temperature on Wednesday is 76* where I'm at, and May 1st is 78*. And the dew points are only in the upper 50s. It's like December weather!

I can't find the "lowest high temperature" record. Only the lowest low and highest high, but it's gotta be close.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-a4N51C15QnU/Ug1roTmc0pI/AAAAAAAAAm4/IgCGcU9XtdQ/s1600/carlton-dance-gif.gif

jpmuscle
04-25-15, 19:39
Hush you. It's in the low 40s where I'm at presently.

six8
04-25-15, 19:56
Hopefully! It's gonna be HOT at the range tomorrow.

Kain
04-25-15, 20:04
Shut up Panties otherwise no one will care when you start bitching about a hurricane blowing your ass out to sea.

six8
04-25-15, 20:09
Shut up Panties otherwise no one will care when you start bitching about a hurricane blowing your ass out to sea.
Lol! Let's hope not

SomeOtherGuy
04-25-15, 20:12
That sounds almost tolerable. Today I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt outside, with the mercury reading a balmy 37 F., while the bright sun kept me warm enough to be completely comfortable working in the yard. (Go in shade for more than a minute or two and the comfort level changes.) This is just about average weather for my northern locale at this time of year. You can keep your 90 degrees with 78 dewpoint normal weather!

SteyrAUG
04-26-15, 01:32
I must be further south than you.

Next 10 days is going to be the same hot and humid bullshit as the last 10 days. I did 10 minutes of work in the back yard and felt like I ran 5 miles when I was done.

Aries144
04-26-15, 01:52
I miss the south frequently. I miss the trees, the birds, the beach, the color green in general, and not living in a place that changes color twice a year from coyote brown to white and back again. I do not miss the humid heat at all though. I could live in a dry 40*F for the rest of my life.

cop1211
04-26-15, 05:42
I've been in Florida now for about 20 years, the first 5 I was like hell yea, now I'm like hell no this sucks, I miss the northern climate.

AKDoug
04-26-15, 22:25
60F here today, still that warm at 7:30 pm.. one of the nicest springs I can remember... and a dew point of 19F... that's a dry heat :D

MegademiC
04-27-15, 11:55
I'm glad people like it cold, it wouldn't be enjoyable to move to SW Florida if everyone lived there.

I had to move back north for work experience but can't wait to get back down there. I like being able to actually do cool stuff outside year round. 85 and humid? Perfect.

Funny thing is it actually gets hotter here in the summer, plus you have the brutal winter. We get 3 months of good weather on a great year, tops... and it usually rains more.

brickboy240
04-27-15, 13:53
I honestly do not know how some of you live up north. It is cold, gray skies and just depressing if you ask me. Having to always wrap up to go outside and only being able to play tennis or ride my bike for maybe 3 months would drive me crazy. Not a fan of being cooped up indoors...sorry.

Yeah, it is hot here and humid but it is also very green most of the year and our winters are not that cold.

Ryno12
04-27-15, 15:05
I honestly do not know how some of you live up north. It is cold, gray skies and just depressing if you ask me. Having to always wrap up to go outside and only being able to play tennis or ride my bike for maybe 3 months would drive me crazy. Not a fan of being cooped up indoors...sorry.

Yeah, it is hot here and humid but it is also very green most of the year and our winters are not that cold.

You're heavily misinformed if that's your idea of the weather "up north".

Speaking of being 'cooped up', you need to get out of TX once in awhile.

Palmguy
04-27-15, 15:21
Will be 78 here Thursday, I was very happy to see that. Hell, today it's not even at 80.

Pleasant change.

brickboy240
04-27-15, 15:53
Umm...I have been to Rochester MN and Pittsburgh enough to know that this is the case on those places. Many times my friends there are shivering under snow while we are in short sleeves.

I get out of TX quite often...thank you.

Eurodriver
04-27-15, 17:17
Umm...I have been to Rochester MN and Pittsburgh enough to know that this is the case on those places. Many times my friends there are shivering under snow while we are in short sleeves.

I get out of TX quite often...thank you.

To be fair, some places in the Midwest don't experience that "Gloomy" winter like New England and...whatever you call the PA area. I've been to Omaha, NE in the middle of winter and it was extremely sunny...just bitter cold.

gun71530
04-27-15, 17:20

I'm doing stuff outside all winter long. It's called don't be a massive vagina.

WillBrink
04-27-15, 17:38
Im in southern FL now and we broke records yesterday. It hit 97 here and 100 in other areas. The grid went down due to the heat and heavy AC use, and we were without power for a few. It was almost as hot today. That's July/Aug weather, not end of April! It aint f-ing snow, so all good. I don't like being hot, but I hate being cold.