PDA

View Full Version : Glock or Hi-Point???

williejc
04-26-15, 12:19
By chance I was browsing another forum(one that most here have never heard of). One discussion was centered around "what should I buy, Glock or Hi-Point?" Several recommended Hi-Point. I became weak-kneed and went to bed.

TSD422
04-26-15, 12:23
Boggles the mind

Kain
04-26-15, 12:29
"But it just as good! I once made it through an entire box without a jam. But them polished glock fortees can be reel deadly." Que heavy sarcasm.

People also argue that .22lr is good enough for moose and that 5.56 at 500 meters can be caught with their bare hands because it doesnt have enough energy to pierce paper or that BSA red dots that look like ACOGs are better than real Trij optixs bwcause the reticule xan change colors. Or that the VC regularlly made kill shots at 1500 meters with AKs because they are the best sniper rifle ever fielded and an m16cant go 100 without cleaning. I xan go on. People are stupid which is why i avoid local and fudd forums.

J_C_S
04-26-15, 13:23
Oh my....

CRAMBONE
04-26-15, 14:04
Reminds me of my local forum that I chime in on their ridiculous discussions sometimes. The latest was a 1911 vs Glock thread. The guy was contemplating some $400 1911 or a new Glock. :confused: Yeah I started a brush fire with my replies. Even went as far as to say JM Browning invented the HiPower because the 1911 wasn't the end all be all of handgun technology. I'm pretty some of them had heart attacks and strokes when I typed that. :cool:

mkmckinley
04-26-15, 15:04
Reminds me of my local forum that I chime in on their ridiculous discussions sometimes. The latest was a 1911 vs Glock thread. The guy was contemplating some $400 1911 or a new Glock. :confused: Yeah I started a brush fire with my replies. Even went as far as to say JM Browning invented the HiPower because the 1911 wasn't the end all be all of handgun technology. I'm pretty some of them had heart attacks and strokes when I typed that. :cool:

Reminds me of when, trying to be a nice guy, I offered to sell a M&P9c with three mags for $350 to a new shooter I work with. He acted like I was trying to pull a fast one on him and said " but I can get an SCCY for $275!"

Kain
04-26-15, 15:14
Reminds me of when, trying to be a nice guy, I offered to sell a M&P9c with three mags for $350 to a new shooter I work with. He acted like I was trying to pull a fast one on him and said " but I can get an SCCY for $275!"

Damn. I don't even like M&Ps and i would have been jumping on that deal, damn.

The cheap 1911 vs glock arguement always makes me rub my head. Glocks are glocks and while i am not a huge fan for being cheapush and working i like them. Vs a cheap 1911 of dubious origin vs something pretty well known i go with the know. Will still run at least a few hundred roubds through it before trusting it. But still stop with the well it was good enough for grandpa shit. Now a WC 1911 vs a Glock is a different arguement if money is no object but in tgat case, if money is no object, get the Wilson, the Glock and an H&K and make up your own mind like a big boy.

BatteryOperated
04-26-15, 15:31
Everyone should own at least one Glock.

Tater2.0
04-26-15, 17:43
Words fail me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ace4059
04-26-15, 18:07
Hi-point all the way!!!.....

For when the taser no longer works as the throw down. Cheaper too.

Hot Holster
04-26-15, 18:15
Everyone should own at least one Glock.

And everyone should own one Hi Point. You never know when you'll need a paperweight.

Kain
04-26-15, 18:24
And everyone should own one Hi Point. You never know when you'll need a paperweight.

A dewalt is cheaper, same ergos, and more useful.

Ryno12
04-26-15, 18:59
I can't really blame the OP of that question. I'm not sure which one I'd choose either.

;)

sgtrock82
04-26-15, 19:34
Id suggest the hi point and allow natural selection to take over from there, these days Darwin could use the extra nudge. Im sick to death of being asked "what pistol should i get" only to repeatly have my suggestions trampled for cheap garbage guns so that there is enough money left in this weeks check for exhaust stacks on a pickup thats only used to commute, some "sic ink" or some other useless rubbish. Im even sicker of the soon to follow chest thumping about said cheap gun and then the sour attitudes when I refuse to congratulate yet another poor decision.

DWood
04-26-15, 19:39
This isn't really a question for this forum and is just a dumb thread to talk crap.

wahoo95
04-26-15, 20:04
I once had a HP C9 Compact. It was 100% reliable and actually pretty accurate too. Most I have seen are actually reliable though crudely constructed. All that said, I don't recommend them to prospective buyers when better options can be had for not much more.

straitR
04-26-15, 20:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c

Gabriel556
04-27-15, 17:04
I don't post much but my only experience with a High Point was this weekend. I was with my brother in laws and one of them brought one out that he is selling. We were shooting the other brother's pistols and I was working my way through his range of Glocks. The High"Low" Point failed to cycle a new round after the first shot, then the third, and 4th. My only comment to him was, "Well, at least you could throw the bad guy a hell of a beating when it fails to fire on you." I'm sure that there are some that function great, but if it can't cycle good ammo, then it doesn't leave a good first impression on me.

SteveL
04-27-15, 18:44
Just recommend the Hi Point and get it over with. You already know they're going to buy it anyway.

Uprange41
04-27-15, 21:43
I'll say this... I've seen several Hi Points work just fine. I have a carbine that is astoundingly reliable.

Is it a Glock? No. Is it a paper weight? Also no.

FishTaco
04-28-15, 01:44
Yeah, once you've done some shooting, it's hard to believe Glocks can be had for exactly what they were selling for 15 years ago. HI point makes little sense given that.

QuickStrike
04-28-15, 14:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c

Not even a question.

Gonna sell all my glocks and some unnecessary organs to get one!

KalashniKEV
04-28-15, 19:37
I'll say this... I've seen several Hi Points work just fine. I have a carbine that is astoundingly reliable.

I've definitely seen the pistols fail before.

My only experience was with the carbine when they first came out and a buddy brought one back from the gun show. The extractor snapped like a joke in ~120 rounds.

It's not all that surprising, is it?

Uprange41
04-28-15, 21:59
I've definitely seen the pistols fail before.

My only experience was with the carbine when they first came out and a buddy brought one back from the gun show. The extractor snapped like a joke in ~120 rounds.

It's not all that surprising, is it?
Oh of course not. I've seen a few fail, but I've also seen several work well enough. My carbine has somewhere around 1500-2000 rounds, still works. I wouldn't recommend a hi-point for more than a range toy, but even then, mine was free, so who am I to say that it's worth $$$ when I didn't put any into it.

RAM Engineer
04-28-15, 23:13
By chance I was browsing another forum(one that most here have never heard of). One discussion was centered around "what should I buy, Glock or Hi-Point?" Several recommended Hi-Point. I became weak-kneed and went to bed.

So you decided to bring the discussion here? Thanks. 😒