PDA

View Full Version : My G42

enforcer22
04-27-15, 07:53
Picked up a G42 in trade for some work I had done for a local shop. Really like it so far. Its fun to shoot and it shoots well. Have put about 500 rds thru it so far, no malfunctions. The kids and the little woman really like it too. Now it wont replace the G26 or G19 for CCW but it is a nice addition to the stable. I stippled the grip (my hands are like leather) and added a grip extension so I could hold on to it and coated it in CeraKote "H" series shimmer gold (which is actually a silver color) and graphite black just to give it a different appearance.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/enforcer22/030.jpg

26 Inf
04-27-15, 08:55
Very nice looking - tasteful would be more accurate. What ammunition have you been using?

TAZ
04-27-15, 11:06
Nice looking shooter. I too have enjoyed the 42. It's become my dress up gun and shove in the pocket around the house gun. I also don't see it replacing the VP9 as primary defensive gun, but it does fit a niche in my carry modes.

Ron3
04-27-15, 12:28
You know...that's actually pretty good-looking!

One thing I've never been able to do...
1. Create an idea in my mind to improve something aesthetically
2. Figure out how
3. Do it or have it done
4. Really like the result

Somewhere along the way it never comes to fruition...honestly it's usually step one!

I really appreciate when someone else gets it right.

Congrats!

PS. I can't decorate either. My wife says if I decorated the house it would look something like the inside of a Klingon Bird of Prey...(Yup...Star Trek reference) In other words..function over form: 33016

enforcer22
04-27-15, 16:07
Very nice looking - tasteful would be more accurate. What ammunition have you been using?

Thank you all for the kind words. So far I have ran Tula (just for function testing), Speer, Federal, & Hornandy. She seems to like the Hornady 90 gr XTP the best.

FishTaco
04-28-15, 22:11
Looks good!