PDA

View Full Version : What's the least favorite semi-auto that you own?

FishTaco
04-28-15, 22:42
Obviously, background matters. If you love ALL your guns, which gun do you love the least?

Mine is a Smith and Wesson SW99 for accuracy reasons. I have a Taurus PT90 that isn't all that accurate either but I love the way it shoots and handles.

All 4 of my semi auto pistols are reliable.

Tattoonick
04-28-15, 23:18
Hmm, least favorite huh? I'd have to say the two Glocks that I've since given to my father and my brother. But in current possession probably my XD40 Sub Compact. It simply gets the least amount of use out of the lot, which includes- Beretta 92fs, CZ75SP01, Wilson Combat KZ45, FN5.7 and DE50.

04-29-15, 07:40
I don't keep them. I have a couple I haven't shot in a while. I don't dislike them, it's not that they're out of favor, I just want to focus on something else. Lately it's been revolver shooting.

Eurodriver
04-29-15, 07:44
I only buy Glocks so I don't have this problem.

tisk tisk tisk

RHINOWSO
04-29-15, 07:47
I guess I don't own $hit guns so I don't have this problem either.

thei3ug
04-29-15, 07:56
Colt 1908 vest pocket.
Close second is the 1911 that popped a plunger tube at a very inopportune moment.

Hmac
04-29-15, 08:09
Least favorite these days is my Sig P229. Big, heavy, and I dislike double action and futzing with decockers. It's a pristine German model from 1997 and I admire the engineering and craftsmanship, but it's not a useful firearm for me anymore.

mkmckinley
04-29-15, 08:15
Definitely my FEG PA-63. Absolutely no redeeming qualities on that gun except that I only paid $89 for it.

BuzzinSATX
04-29-15, 08:39
I really don't have the resources (space, time, $$$) to put up with guns I don't like, so when I get a lemon, I sell it, regardless what it is. I try to buy smart (sales, great deals), so I can almost always offload the dead weight at little to no loss..

Take Care,

Buzz

Dmashowtime
04-29-15, 08:46
Ruger P94... I can't hit a thing with this gun, but it was the first gun I ever bought and I just feel bad getting rid of it.

samuse
04-29-15, 09:54
All I own is a few 9mm Glocks and one H&K P2000 V3 9mm.

I like the H&K least, but I still really really like it!

Arik
04-29-15, 09:58
I have mainly glocks. One old W. German Sig P220, one P2000 40s&w and a Springfield TRP.

I concentrate on Glocks and bought the others to try them out. I don't dislike them but I like my Glocks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JaegerOne
04-29-15, 10:14
I'd have to choose the KEL-TEC P3AT. I don't hate it. I don't even dislike it. It does what it was designed to do and it's done it 100% since day one six years ago.

Talon167
04-29-15, 10:48
I like all my guns, which is why I still have them. If I had to pick a least, probably my G27. Nothing wrong with it, and it serves its purpose. But not something I'd like to go put 400 rounds through in a single range session is all...

decodeddiesel
04-29-15, 11:38
M&P9C. Bought it in 2008, really showing it's age at this point. I stippled it and re-countered the lower trigger guard so I would imagine resale would be meh. I might sell it, and all of my M&P support gear (mags, holsters, sight pusher, etc) anyway.

Psalms144.1
04-29-15, 12:33
While I don't "own" it - my issued Sig P229R DAK in .40 S&W is my least favorite semi-auto. I LUBS me some older P228s and milled slide P226s, but the P229 (and especially the DAK trigger) does NOTHING for me. Frankly, I'm not fond of anything in .40 S&W, for that matter...

Psalms144.1
04-29-15, 12:34
Sorry - double tap!

Firefly
04-29-15, 12:39
Walther PPK.
I don't even have ammo for it.
I won't part with it but I have only shot it a few times. I don't dislike it. I just don't shoot it.

crusader377
04-29-15, 12:43
Probably my Beretta 92 FS Inox and my S&W 3953. Both are great guns but are probably my least favorite. The Beretta was my first gun and a Christmas present from my dad so I would never sell it. The only thing I don't like about the Beretta are its size and slide mounted safety. The S&W was my initial CCW pistol, I like the safety and simplicity of the DAO trigger but not the pull. That said it is accurate and 100% reliable. It is no longer my CCW being replaced by the lighter and more easily concealed M&P Shield. I gave it to my father in law because he was concerned about a few recent break-ins in the suburb that they live in. He is not a gun guy and the S&W is a great gun for what he needs it for.

arptsprt
04-29-15, 13:07
Funny. Mine is a Ruger P89. My first pistol I ever bought and I too find it hard to get rid of it.

Ruger P94... I can't hit a thing with this gun, but it was the first gun I ever bought and I just feel bad getting rid of it.

Arik
04-29-15, 13:28
Funny. Mine is a Ruger P89. My first pistol I ever bought and I too find it hard to get rid of it.

Same here. My first gun and my first ccw. Ruger p89. Got rid of that as soon as I had a chance to try out some other brands.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cynical
04-29-15, 14:09
Oooh, I think I may have this won!

Raven .25

Inherited from my grandfather. Took it out to shoot once, won't make that mistake again. Since it has some sentimental value, and absolutely no resale value, I've held on to it. Damn thing is all alloy, can't even hope it rusts away.

SlimMan
04-29-15, 14:52
I would need to go to the least favorite that I have owned - if I don't like it, I sell it. So in the "have owned" category, probably a Taurus 92 (clone of the Beretta) with second place to a Kahr CW9. A gun that could fall into that category is an H&K P30 - I'm just having trouble warming up to this pistol.

DBZ220
04-29-15, 14:57
Right now it's a toss up between a Glock 21 and an HK VP9. The Glock has been less than reliable, and the HK popped its trigger spring out of place at 175rnds.

FishTaco
04-29-15, 17:24
All I own is a few 9mm Glocks and one H&K P2000 V3 9mm.

I like the H&K least, but I still really really like it!

Its hard not to like a reliable gun, but something has to come in last!

FishTaco
04-29-15, 17:25
I would need to go to the least favorite that I have owned - if I don't like it, I sell it. So in the "have owned" category, probably a Taurus 92 (clone of the Beretta) with second place to a Kahr CW9. A gun that could fall into that category is an H&K P30 - I'm just having trouble warming up to this pistol.

What didn't you like about your Taurus 92? I have one of them and it functions well even if the accuracy is just average.

Skar
04-29-15, 17:51
I have had XD .40, glock g17 , H&k uspc 40 & now S&W M&P 9 & shield 9.
Xd gets the nod it had a bad bluing finish . ( but they say they fixed that on the newer ones)
The H&K was built the best and the glock was the easiest to disassemble and reassemble .
I think I shoot the M&P the best .
But all good guns.
Oops almost forgot the taurus 9 mm (beretta Clone ) was not impressed .

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-29-15, 18:01
Worst ever for me has been Glock 19s. Never have had a good one gen 2 and 3 all erratic ejecting messes. All my G17s have been fantastic.

Eurodriver
04-29-15, 18:11
Worst ever for me has been Glock 19s. Never have had a good one gen 2 and 3 all erratic ejecting messes. All my G17s have been fantastic.

http://jayceeford.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Confused-meme.jpg

Bantee
04-29-15, 22:42
Aaargh, my gen 2 G19 chucks brass to my forehead too!! My least favorite pistol is still my Beretta PX4 .40 cal. Not a fan of DA/SA or .40 cal for that matter.

FishTaco
04-29-15, 23:01
I don't think 40 cal is the problem, here. It's just a caliber that falls between the two anointed ones in velocity and diameter.

Bantee
04-29-15, 23:21
I don't think 40 cal is the problem, here. It's just a caliber that falls between the two anointed ones in velocity and diameter.

Agreed, I think it's a fine round. I just gravitate towards the 9mm & .45 acp. I only acquired the Beretta because during the ammo crunch I couldn't find my preferred calibers, but .40s were always available?? I'd never owned a .40 so figured what the hell, might as well learn the DA/SA manual of arms while I'm at it. I still maintain my proficiency with the platform & caliber, but much prefer striker fired 9mms & 1911 .45s.

Uprange41
04-29-15, 23:31
Ruger MK III 22/45

Grip's too thin, trigger's too heavy for a target .22, the front sight is canted, it's a ridiculous design, and it's camouflaged with safety warnings.

Hate it.

Bayern
04-30-15, 07:35
I had a Glock 36 that I purchased some years ago (probably after 2003). The only ammo it would fire was 230 gr ball ammo. It was incapable of firing 185 gr., Sent it to Clock and they claimed they rectified the problem. Great, so I went to qualify with the 185 gr. Same stuff. Fortunately they let me switch to the 230. No problem; shot like a champ. Well, I don't carry ball ammo, just d230 gr., Hi-shock hollow points. Stuck it back in a corner of my safe and kinda forgot about it. About 8 mos. a go fellow lodge member asked it I still had it; that he wanted a Mod 36 (he lives and breaths Glocks). So, I sold it to him for what about I paid for it. He is was well aware of the problems I had with it. At the last Lodge Meeting, I happen to ask him about it. He said it ain't worth a shit. Wont fire anything but ball ammo, Told you so.

NCGREENSWAMP13
04-30-15, 07:49
Kahr cw 40. I don't know want the hell I was thinking. I was still in my " 9mm is too weak" stage, I've since grown up and only shoot 9mm. Maybe the cw 9 is a better gun.

1_click_off
04-30-15, 08:14
I know you are going to hassle me on this one, Mark 23.

It is a fine gun and I have large hands so it fits me well and I can shoot it well. I just don't care to carry it or have the wow factor of it. I bought it, had my fun with it, time for it to go.

BluegrassGunGuy
04-30-15, 08:24
Easily my Glock 22 only reason I have it is because I'm required to carry it for work. Nothing will make it feel good in my hand and the sights are horrible.

KenB987
04-30-15, 09:24
My least favorite to shoot is a beautiful Browning Hi-Power, I just never made friends with the trigger. It fits my hand perfectly, and I like looking at it, so I keep it. (I know, I could have the trigger worked on).

As a group my Glocks are falling out of favor with me. The have been my go to for years, now I am back in the 1911 camp.

waveslayer
04-30-15, 09:29
"blocks" and then the Ruger

teksid
04-30-15, 09:41
I wish I hadn't bought a VP9. It's big and heavy for its capacity and I don't shoot it any better than my other striker fired pistols. I'm probably gonna trade it on an FNS-9c.

FishTaco
04-30-15, 18:27
Agreed, I think it's a fine round. I just gravitate towards the 9mm & .45 acp. I only acquired the Beretta because during the ammo crunch I couldn't find my preferred calibers, but .40s were always available?? I'd never owned a .40 so figured what the hell, might as well learn the DA/SA manual of arms while I'm at it. I still maintain my proficiency with the platform & caliber, but much prefer striker fired 9mms & 1911 .45s.

Well put. I own 9's and 40's and will add a .45 soon. The .40 seems to me to be just about right and is what I keep ready at home.

tigershilone
04-30-15, 18:44
Walther P99 9mm. Had ergonomic problems with it rolling my finger between the trigger and trigger guard on reset. Probably my fault, but have never had any other pistol do that. Sold it for $25 loss after 500 rounds.

Close seconds would be a ruger P89 9mm followed very closely by a ruger 22/45 -- stock triggers stink in both of them.

9mmSMG
04-30-15, 19:06
Kahr arms Cw9. Just lousy to shoot in general even though it functions fine.

Uprange41
04-30-15, 19:09
Kahr arms Cw9. Just lousy to shoot in general even though it functions fine.
My problem is that it's the same general size as the G19, just thinner... The grip pokes out for me either way, might as well carry the G19.

9mmSMG
04-30-15, 19:12
My problem is that it's the same general size as the G19, just thinner... The grip pokes out for me either way, might as well carry the G19.

Same boat really, on top of it I love shooting glocks but hated every time I shot that. Really served no purpose.

bigmatt
04-30-15, 21:52
Yesterday it was FEG PA63 in 9mm Mak, but I sold it today so I don't have that problem anymore. Recoil sucked, sights were a joke, slide would bite my hand if I wasn't careful, and the DA trigger was the worst I've ever felt. Now I would say my Glocks. Yes, they always work, accurate enough, but they just don't wow me as much as when I first bought them.

Jpoe88
04-30-15, 23:00
The only other gun I own is an FEG P9R. It's had 300 put thru it. 100 by original owner, 200 by me. It's just clunky. Like ins sweet. Even have the original box. I got it for $150 so it's hard to part with and it hasn't malfunctioned yet. It's a novelty piece. No regrets buying, just don't really like to shoot it.

MountainRaven
04-30-15, 23:42
I can't even think of a handgun that I've owned that I haven't liked.

But if I had to choose one, I'd go with the M&Ps (I've owned both 9mm and 45 models).

Didn't like the triggers (at all) and the accuracy, particularly with the 9mm, was horrible, while the 45 had 9-round magazines marked for 10-rounds (not a concern with a 12/13+ round magazine like that used in a 40 or 9mm, but not hugely acceptable in a 45, IMHO). On top of that, the whole gun just felt (and still feel) cheap to me.

Since then, the only polymer-framed handguns I've owned have been Glocks or H&Ks.

TehLlama
05-01-15, 00:14
I have an STI GP6 (K100) 9mm. Awesome SA trigger for an SA/DA setup, with a thumb safety. The rotating barrel is cool, and it's a tack driver.
It needs modular grip panels, night sights, and a different shape on the controls (thumb safety, slide release), and the rest of that pistol would shine. It won't take an X300 light (but will accept a TLR-1S, so that's where my lone streamlight lives), and nobody makes a holster for it... it's not a bad pistol, but it doesn't have enough going for it to do everything. I wish I could get magazines, but that's not an issue since I don't use it much.

Outlander Systems
05-01-15, 16:44
Don't keep something I don't like.

Tried several Glocks, and never could warm up to them.

Worst pistol I ever owned was a Taurus PT1911.

Sumbitch broke before I ever even shot it.

Biggest turd pistol I ever had the displeasure of owning. Total POS.

Bluto
05-01-15, 16:59
Lorcin 380. I bought it for $40 at a gun show just to mess with the range commandos that show up with $2000+ race guns. One day I pulled it out all serious-like until they all looked at me like I was crazy. Never even shot it, but for $40 it was worth the laughs. It's buried in the safe somewhere, waiting for another opportunity to make people laugh...

It definitely is the worst gun I own, but I guess I have a love/hate relationship with it. Maybe one day I'll mill the slide for an rds...

KalashniKEV
05-01-15, 17:33
P38

I picked it up from AIM as a "P38" when the P1s came in, but it's actually a P38 marked alloy framed P1 type.

It has a nasty import mark right through the roll mark and date, and had a broken locking block retainer spring out of the box.

AIM didn't have any parts, luckily RTG did for $5.

Fixed her up and... well it's just not a great pistol.

Outlander Systems
05-01-15, 20:31
O
P38

I picked it up from AIM as a "P38" when the P1s came in, but it's actually a P38 marked alloy framed P1 type.

It has a nasty import mark right through the roll mark and date, and had a broken locking block retainer spring out of the box.

AIM didn't have any parts, luckily RTG did for $5.

Fixed her up and... well it's just not a great pistol.

Useful? Nahhhhh.

Cool as hell? Yeaaaaah!

lonnie1120
05-02-15, 05:37
Sorry, double post.

lonnie1120
05-02-15, 05:40
Kel-Tec P3AT. Also the same as another post, always functions as needed, just not a favorite.

Battlepack
05-02-15, 08:06
Probably a Sig P227. I bought it just to have a Sig in the collection, but have decided I dont like the ergonomics. Been trying to sell it cheaply locally to fund something else.

Alberto
05-02-15, 11:43
Sig P229 SCT 40SW

Bought it many years ago, now that I own and have shot many more I finally realize it's not a great fit for my hands, and it's way off POI/POA . Shoots low like a mofo.

Taught me that more $$$ spent doesn't mean more happiness

GNXII
05-02-15, 12:50
Pretty soon I'll be dumping a FNP45,G21 Gen3, & a 96F. All work just fine but none fit my hand well enough for me to keep when others do. When I sold my very first gun a year back it was cathartic ! It was a P89 (1994 buy?) that never worked right or felt good after a lot of shooting. I had a weird emotional attachment to it but decided it had to go to fund other things. I felt bad at first but didn't after I got my Colt rail gun with some of the proceeds.

MrSunday
05-02-15, 13:03
Beretta .22 Bobcat. Cant get it to shoot reliably.

Outlander Systems
05-02-15, 13:26
Beretta .22 Bobcat. Cant get it to shoot reliably.

That sucks. I was planning on picking one up as a BUG. What problems has it been giving you?

MrSunday
05-02-15, 13:29
That sucks. I was planning on picking one up as a BUG. What problems has it been giving you?

FTF's mostly. Maybe it does not like the ammo I have tried with it but so far nothing has been reliable.

3ACR_Scout
05-05-15, 18:14
Without a doubt, it's my Sig Mosquito. I bought it with the intent of using it to train new shooters (including my wife), since it operates (or should) in the same manner as a larger caliber automatic. I picked it up lightly used for a good price, but it fails to extract or stovepipes about every third or fourth round. Can't make it through a 10-round magazine without at least two malfunctions. I've been told that I need to find some hotter .22 ammo, but with as scarce as any .22 has been lately, I haven't found any yet.

Dave

note2self
05-05-15, 18:47
My least favorite is my FN 57 and that's because I don't have a suppressor or threaded barrel for it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IOwnAGun
05-05-15, 19:08
Anything in .40

ex95B10
05-05-15, 19:10
If I owned any Glocks they would be my least favorite, but since I don't have any of them I would have to say my Ruger LCP is my least favorite.
Especially after purchasing a Sig Sauer 238 to replace it with, the accuracy is night and day and it's all metal construction.

whatthepuck
05-05-15, 20:41
My LCP for not being fun at all to shoot but too darn convenient to not carry. Just for kicks, I also have a love/hate relationship with my Glock 42. I am very accurate with it...when it works...

igotagun
05-05-15, 21:24
My LCP for not being fun at all to shoot but too darn convenient to not carry. Just for kicks, I also have a love/hate relationship with my Glock 42. I am very accurate with it...when it works...
You know Glock made a bunch of small changes to the G42 and didn't tell anyone about it. You should send it in under warranty. They will "repair" it and send it back. Mine feeds everything reliably.

whatthepuck
05-05-15, 21:30
You know Glock made a bunch of small changes to the G42 and didn't tell anyone about it. You should send it in under warranty. They will "repair" it and send it back. Mine feeds everything reliably.

My g42 was born 11/2014 so it has all of the updates. I only use the "02" marked mags. It's already been back to Glock.

It still can't get through a magazine of US factory made .380 without the slide locking back prematurely. It, however, loves PPU, Fiocchi, Euro ammo, etc. I'm probably selling it off soon just to thin the .380 herd.

The LCP sucks to shoot, but it eats absolutely anything I feed it.

usmc2014
05-05-15, 22:10
My issued M&P .45. The Mags suck (really just the followers wear ridiculously quickly and start to fail to lock the slide on empty under 800 -1k rounds) and the pins in the frame start to walk under recoil after a couple standard 50 round qual courses. It was a new gun when issued too. Our department is supposedly switching to Glock here soon.... We will see though with this new chief.

Semper Fi

usmc2014
05-05-15, 22:11
Without a doubt, it's my Sig Mosquito. I bought it with the intent of using it to train new shooters (including my wife), since it operates (or should) in the same manner as a larger caliber automatic. I picked it up lightly used for a good price, but it fails to extract or stovepipes about every third or fourth round. Can't make it through a 10-round magazine without at least two malfunctions. I've been told that I need to find some hotter .22 ammo, but with as scarce as any .22 has been lately, I haven't found any yet.

Dave
Try. CCI minimags. That's what I've seen works best in the 5-6 Mosquitos that I've dealt with recently.

Semper Fi

1911-A1
05-05-15, 23:59
1995 Sig 228 9mm.

It's a great gun, I got a killer deal on it, I like shooting it, and it's accurate, but it doesn't fit me extremely well and I'm really not into DA guns, so it sits in the safe but for once or twice a year when I take it to the range and put 50rds through it for the hell of it.

Abraxas
05-06-15, 01:45
All guns are bad, so I like them all least.

Slick88
05-06-15, 02:13
I only keep the guns I love. The others are long gone.

igotagun
05-06-15, 06:07
My g42 was born 11/2014 so it has all of the updates. I only use the "02" marked mags. It's already been back to Glock.

It still can't get through a magazine of US factory made .380 without the slide locking back prematurely. It, however, loves PPU, Fiocchi, Euro ammo, etc. I'm probably selling it off soon just to thin the .380 herd.

The LCP sucks to shoot, but it eats absolutely anything I feed it.
That stinks. I guess its time to part ways then.

Abraxas
05-06-15, 06:31

The LCP sucks to shoot, but it eats absolutely anything I feed it. One side note, much of the Fiocchi ammo here in the US is made in Ozark MO

COZ ZINZKI
05-06-15, 14:14
Anything in .40
9mm. & .45 ACP are my Beretta.... & my Colt N.M. Gold Cup. In that order .
Thought about a SIG P229 (.40)... I chose a P227....(.45) instead, a year ago, much better choice.

KevinB
05-06-15, 14:51
I generally make it a policy not to buy crap guns - and then ones I get and don't like - well I got rid of my yuck guns.
Worst gun I ever owned - Glock21, trigger bit me all the time, and was unpleasant *old gun bought first run they had
Next Beretta 92-F - trigger reach too long, and safety constantly gave me grief.
Colt Combat Elite - front sight blew off on 3rd round

RWH24
05-06-15, 22:05
Of the worst in my safe stable is a Kahr P380. I have about 125 rounds through it and it will not function 100% reliable. It fails to go into battery with a round, thumb the slide forward and sh will lock up. Trigger is 5 lbs all day and knight, clean and crisp. Kahr says 200 rounds for breakin so maybe this week I will finally get er done. My Bersa 380 was the slickest small gun to bee 100% right out of the box. Accurate too. My M&P9c is about to take a hike. Never got comfortable with the feel in my hand. So it's on the way OUT. It will be replaced by a BOSS.

RUSKI
05-06-15, 22:51
Ruger SR9c, great gun for carry. Reliable, easy to maintain, and accurate once the factory sights are adjusted.
Least favorite to shoot. Used to have 2 of them sold one kept the other for occasional carry.

KiloSierra
05-06-15, 22:53
Ironically my M&P's. They're well made, reliable and accurate but I'm just too old fashioned and prefer steel or alloy framed DA/SA guns just for the feel alone and the fact I can shoot them a smidge faster and more accurately then the M&P's doesn't help either.

AKDoug
05-06-15, 22:54
Kahr CW40. Biggest piece of crap firearm I've ever owned. Out of the box the magazine release was bad. Ir would drop the mag out of the pistol after every shot. I fixed it on my own dime and then once it was able to shoot more than one shop at a time it had a variety of failures to feed, failures to extract, and failures to simply go into battery. I worked my way through the 200 round "break in" and it never worked right. It's in the bottom of my safe now. I won't sell it to protect the innocent.

Sikiguya
05-08-15, 20:23
My Ruger/Tactical Solution 22/45. I hate reassembling that gun after cleaning. The designer was a sadistic bastard!

tuck
05-09-15, 09:30
Walther P22 and a Taurus PT1911. The Walther was like a cheap "Made in China" toy chambered in .22LR. The Taurus was a Taurus...

VT1032
05-09-15, 09:41
XDM 3.8 .40... Too long of a grip, too short of a barrel, wrong caliber and I couldn't shoot it for shit... sold it after two range trips. Worst part was, I sold my first handgun, a Beretta 92FS to get it. Only handgun sale I ever regret... Don't judge me, I was 19 and didn't know anything about nothing yet.

tuck
05-09-15, 09:43
XDM 3.8 .40... Too long of a grip, too short of a barrel, wrong caliber and I couldn't shoot it for shit... sold it after two range trips. Worst part was, I sold my first handgun, a Beretta 92FS to get it. Only handgun sale I ever regret... Don't judge me, I was 19 and didn't know anything about nothing yet.

I had a XDM 3.8 Compact long enough to trade it for a Beretta M9. That was one of the better swaps I've made.

waveslayer
05-09-15, 10:21
Robinson Arms XCR, terrible accuracy

Frailer
05-10-15, 22:39
The top half of my RTF2 Glock 17. The finish feels like the coating of a Teflon frying pin. It's slick as hell, and the goofy fish gill serrations don't help one bit.

*Love* the frame, though.

nick84
05-11-15, 21:21

Dave

2nd this. In my case, it's my brother's (roommate) but since it stays in my safe I'm counting it. This thing is such a piece of junk.

For me: Glock 32. It came as part of a trade for another gun I wanted to sell, or I'd never have bought .357 Sig.

FishTaco
05-11-15, 21:26
What didn't you like about .357 sig?

POB
05-15-15, 22:46
Glock 19 Gen 3. I might feel different if the grooves were shaved and the trigger guard was undercut. After I get some more range time with my new HK VP9 I think I will sell the Glock.

nimdabew
05-16-15, 02:00
Glock 19 Gen 3. It was made right in the middle of the bad batch back in 2009 or 2010. I had about a 15-20% rate of ammo shot through it. Got a new frame and sold it. I won't ever buy another Glock again.

WillBrink
05-16-15, 07:12
When I first got my CCW I was broke, so i got the cheapest pistol I could afford, a Sigma .380. I'm not going to say it was the worst pistol ever made because it was at least reliable, but was at a real low point for S&W. This pistol is so unloved, I tried to give it to the gun store for free to sell and they wouldn't take it. I still have it as no one will take it, even when offered for free.

T2C
05-16-15, 07:30
The worst pistol I have owned was a Taurus TCP .380. The extractor broke with less than 20 rounds fired through it, then it went back to Taurus for repair. Upon return I had the opportunity to shoot it more and learn accuracy was extremely poor and feeding issues were the norm. After more trips back to Taurus for repair and continual problems, I traded it off at a substantial loss.

The gun shops in my area no longer sell the TCP.

GNXII
05-16-15, 08:42
The worst pistol I have owned was a Taurus TCP .380. The extractor broke with less than 20 rounds fired through it, then it went back to Taurus for repair. Upon return I had the opportunity to shoot it more and learn accuracy was extremely poor and feeding issues were the norm. After more trips back to Taurus for repair and continual problems, I traded it off at a substantial loss.

The gun shops in my area no longer sell the TCP.

A buddy had the same exact issues with his! A factory rep told us to stick with the Beretta 92 clones (99/100 series?) and the S&W revolver clones.

ack495
05-16-15, 11:00
Had a Keltec 3AT when I first got my license back 2005. Had to send it back to keltec immediately because numerous failure to feed issues.

Got it back and it functioned better. But I noticed that after firing the pistol, the next round that was chambered was getting all messed up. When it cycled it was deforming the nose of the bullet badly. I'm guessing from slamming into the feed ramp. This was pretty much eliminating the chance of proper expansion of that bullet.

Bottom line is keltec might have great customer service but they need it because their guns suck. Guess I should expected that given their price.

ritepath
05-16-15, 13:38
I don't buy glocks so I don't have this problem...

ritepath
05-16-15, 13:44
Oooh, I think I may have this won!

Raven .25

Inherited from my grandfather. Took it out to shoot once, won't make that mistake again. Since it has some sentimental value, and absolutely no resale value, I've held on to it. Damn thing is all alloy, can't even hope it rusts away.

Nope you don't have it won....I have an RG22 I inherited from my Grandfather back in 86, when I was 16 never shot it I had better pistols by then (if you call a 44mag blackhawk and Taurus 92 better) I pull it out from time to time and spray it down...

LMT Shooter
05-16-15, 14:20
1995 Sig 228 9mm.

It's a great gun, I got a killer deal on it, I like shooting it, and it's accurate, but it doesn't fit me extremely well and I'm really not into DA guns, so it sits in the safe but for once or twice a year when I take it to the range and put 50rds through it for the hell of it.

I'd be happy to take it off your hands, is it for sale?

hotrodder636
05-16-15, 14:39
Least favorite, like others, is my Kel-Tec 3AT. It has worked 100%, just my least favorite.

HKGuns
05-16-15, 16:48
Walther P22.

FishTaco
05-20-15, 19:00
Been firing the SW99 a bit more lately. Still haven't really got it dialed in but I have to admit something: It fits my hand like a well worn glove and just feels perfect. It never misfires and I have a couple of 16 round mags for it!

I don't think it can be my least favorite pistol any longer. I think I'll have to give that distinction to my H&K USP 40 Compact LEM. That loooooong trigger pull is hard to get used to.

bear13
05-24-15, 23:59
Kel tec pf9 was a complete disaster

weggy
05-25-15, 05:36
I guess I don't own $hit guns so I don't have this problem either.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^!!!!!!

SiGfever
05-25-15, 08:52
Least favorite is long gone.

nick84
05-25-15, 17:33
What didn't you like about .357 sig?

Just didn't seem like it could do anything that you couldn't do with another, more mainstream caliber. Also, while I handle the gun ok, I just never cared for the violence of operation of this particular gun/caliber.

Etho
05-26-15, 11:15
H&K USP in .40S&W

#1 Not a fan of DA/SA
#2 Not a fan of .40S&W
#3 Luckily I got it for free from a relative who didn't want the thing anymore.

With all of that being said. For a DA/SA it shoots incredibly smooth, again for what it is. Pretty damn accurate too. I've often thought of buying a LEM trigger kit for it to at least get rid of the biggest reason I do not like the thing...the DA/SA.

firefighter37
05-26-15, 14:32
Worst is my USPc .45 Stainless Slide. Only reason I never sell it is because it's the first pistol I ever bought, and nobody would give me any money for it.

PD Sgt.
05-27-15, 14:45
Probably my issued Smith M&P .40 fullsize. It is soon to be the only .40 I own (getting rid of a G23 a buddy of mine wants).

It is not so much the pistol, but the caliber. I much prefer 9mm or .45.

tuck
05-27-15, 20:20
Probably my issued Smith M&P .40 fullsize. It is soon to be the only .40 I own (getting rid of a G23 a buddy of mine wants).

It is not so much the pistol, but the caliber. I much prefer 9mm or .45.

I thought I would feel the same way about my G22 Gen 4. I've really been surprised by it. I like how it shoots, and I'm getting to be pretty decent with it overall.

Lost River
05-28-15, 19:52
Issued, not personally owned.

M&P .40.

Currently am running a compact, as I don't wear a uniform, but hated the full sized. it was a 6" @ 25 yard gun on a very good day.

Oddly enough, the compact version is substantially more accurate, but nowhere near as accurate as my Glock 9mms and .45s.

Frankly I am not a fan at all of the .40 outside of USPSA.

davidjinks
05-28-15, 20:47
Delete

CornCod
05-28-15, 22:07
I like all my handguns, but I suppose I like my Kel-Tec P-32 the least. The trigger is lousy and the gun looks cheap. Still, it has never jammed on me and it is the perfect gun for ultra-discreet carry. Due to its weight and size there is never any excuse to leave the house unarmed.

FishTaco
05-29-15, 18:59
Glock 21 SF

It's the only Glock that would make my firing hand completely numb. I'm not sure what it was about it but the second round I would lose feeling in 3 of my fingers and by the 5th round my whole hand was numb.

It's the fastest gun that I've ever gotten rid of. I put around 20 rounds through it and it was gone.

I just looked at a Gen3 G21. It felt a little like a brick. Just couldn't do it.

Street Dog
05-29-15, 22:14
Springfield XD-9. I hate the trigger. I keep it only because my son likes it.

dragonsfire311
05-30-15, 21:19
My glocks

davidjinks
05-30-15, 21:26
Delete

FishTaco
05-31-15, 00:18
they have them here for 450.00, which is 50 dollars less than I paid for my G22 15 years ago so that part was tempting.

Jpoe88
05-31-15, 07:40
M&P 9 Pro Series 5"

Gun shot great. Novak sights were neat, fit my hand well, and I was accurate with it. It just looked and felt cheap. It's a mental thing, the trigger was great. I don't care for the design, but it had a good reset and was smooth enough.

Pilot1
05-31-15, 08:18
I don't have any least favorites, as if they would reach that category, they would get sold. I only keep what I really like. No Glocks, No M&P's, No XD's. I would imagine if I owned any of those they'd be my least favorites. Serviceable yes, favorites No.

scuba_steve
06-04-15, 22:00
My Gen 2 Glock 27, purchased right after the 94 AWB.

Hate the feel of the trigger, kicks a lot, and I am nowhere near as accurate as I am with my other pistols.

I am also not a fan of striker-fired. I like a pistol with a decockable hammer and no other safety. So yeah, I own a lot of Sigs.

GregP220
06-04-15, 22:23
If we're counting pistols we've sold a 2010 vintage M&P 9mm and a S&W 4006.

M&P shot to minute of paper plate at 25 yards and it often ejected brass right into the center of my forehead. A ballcap was mandatory when shooting that one.

4006 was just not a pistol worth keeping. Heavy, blocky grip, fussy with hollow points, I never missed that one after trading it in.

attrapereves
06-05-15, 15:39
I got rid of everything that I disliked. The worst pistol I ever had was a FNP-45. Cheap feeling, overpriced, and jammed constantly.

Honda4828
06-06-15, 21:49
Walther p99

MajorLonghorn
06-06-15, 21:49
The one I shoot the least is probably my gen 4 Glock 23. My HK45 Tactical was in the same boat until I converted it to light LEM. I do, however, like my gen 4 Glock 19. My favorite is my Walther M1 PPQ 9mm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

vigilant2
06-09-15, 13:01
I only own glocks now , so there is no least favorite. ;)

Stuttgart
06-09-15, 13:58
Least favorite is an HK usp compact 40...

It's very accurate but after I start shooting it the grip gets slippery w/ sweat.

I am still holding onto it in case another 9mm ammo shortage comes around.

Amicus
06-09-15, 23:51
CZ vz. 52 or Beretta 1934. Older guns without much use in today's world. But, don't ask me to part with them; I like old military hardware.