PDA

View Full Version : SeeAll sight on PA 2.5x ACSS ACOG clone

Chatterbox
04-30-15, 19:03
Ever since I've gotten my Primary Arms 2.5 CQB sight, I've been curious about mounting a red dot of some sort on it. I've been somewhat discouraged when reading about reliability of various Trijicon red dots, and so held off on it until I heard about the SeeAll sight. This seemed to fit the bill, so I decided to order one and mount it. This is what it looks like:
http://i61.tinypic.com/i6js0k.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/12191g2.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2u5djqx.jpg

I've literally just mounted it, and have had no chance to use it - however it seems like it could have potential. The sight is about as low as it can get, there is no battery to worry about and I think that I could get used to the motion required to switch from magnified scope to the "red dot". Hopefully I'll be able to take it to the range in the next few weeks and get a more hands-on evalutation

Benito
05-01-15, 01:48
I am not a fan of piggybacking optics on top of each other. Offsetting to the side is more my preference, but to each his own.
As for this "red dot", I am not sure I get it. It looks like a very odd optic. How do you tell if your eye is directly in line with the aiming point? Can it be calibrated? Is it a colimated/holographic sight so that the eye being off-center doesn't result in you aiming way off target?
No idea what to make of this.

GH41
05-01-15, 06:23
All of your questions can be answered by looking at their website. It looks to me like the last place I would use it is on top of a scope.

Chatterbox
05-01-15, 11:54
I am not a fan of piggybacking optics on top of each other. Offsetting to the side is more my preference, but to each his own.
As for this "red dot", I am not sure I get it. It looks like a very odd optic. How do you tell if your eye is directly in line with the aiming point? Can it be calibrated? Is it a colimated/holographic sight so that the eye being off-center doesn't result in you aiming way off target?
No idea what to make of this.

To answer your question, it's a colimated optic - so as your eye moves, the triangle moves with it. It can be adjusted for elevation and windage.

Grizz12
05-12-15, 15:11
did you get out to try it yet?

Chatterbox
05-12-15, 15:59
did you get out to try it yet?

A little bit. So far, my sense is that the sight is usable - I fired several rounds from about 15 feet at the target, and the POI was pretty much where POA was. As far as acquisition speed, I'd say I was about the same as I would've been with irons. I'm not comfortable with the chin weld necessary to acquire a target - this might go away with more training, or it may not. I'm thinking of getting a cheap set of 45 degree sights and seeing whether I like that set up better.

Grizz12
05-12-15, 16:20
A little bit. So far, my sense is that the sight is usable - I fired several rounds from about 15 feet at the target, and the POI was pretty much where POA was. As far as acquisition speed, I'd say I was about the same as I would've been with irons. I'm not comfortable with the chin weld necessary to acquire a target - this might go away with more training, or it may not. I'm thinking of getting a cheap set of 45 degree sights and seeing whether I like that set up better.

what chin weld? From what I understand, the triangle "floats" and is always on target, right?

ranger56528
05-12-15, 17:16
Looks like a interesting sight and the reviews aren't all bad either,might get one just to try out and if it's not all that I can give it to my son.

Chatterbox
05-12-15, 17:39
what chin weld? From what I understand, the triangle "floats" and is always on target, right?

Yes, but it has the same limitations as any other red dot sight (Aimpoint/Eotech, etc). If your eye is too far off the bore, eventually the floating reticle is obscured by the side of the sight. Same here.

GH41
05-12-15, 18:23
And it appears that it has to be lined up in both planes. May as well use offset irons and get away from the spray and pray aspect of having to give up cheek weld to use the top mounted sight.

Chatterbox
05-12-15, 19:19
And it appears that it has to be lined up in both planes. May as well use offset irons and get away from the spray and pray aspect of having to give up cheek weld to use the top mounted sight.

I think that's a bit unfair. Like I said, at the distances I need this sight to work - i.e. around 0-50 feet- it looks like it would work just fine at putting bullets where I want them to go. Anything further, and ACOG would work just fine. My main concern at this point is with speed of acquisition, not with accuracy.

Grizz12
05-13-15, 05:25
I've seen reviews stating really good accuracy out past 100 yards

turnburglar
05-13-15, 13:41
I think that's a bit unfair. Like I said, at the distances I need this sight to work - i.e. around 0-50 feet- it looks like it would work just fine at putting bullets where I want them to go. Anything further, and ACOG would work just fine. My main concern at this point is with speed of acquisition, not with accuracy.

At 0-50 you can get away with no sight picture at all. Practice reflexive shooting.