PDA

View Full Version : Lead Ammo out of Smith and Wesson 327 TRR8

dale.gribble
05-01-15, 15:05
I just recently picked up a Smith and Wesson 327 TRR8.

Some places say you can run lead ammo and others say you cant.

Do any of you guys know if you can run lead ammo through her?

anachronism
05-01-15, 22:02
Everybody I hang with would be shocked to hear somebody say you can't shoot lead through any civilized gun, especially a revolver. I know plenty who shoot lead through their Glocks with factory barrels.

FishTaco
05-01-15, 23:44
I'm sure the answer is in the owners manual.

Frailer
05-02-15, 09:16
Lead bullets aren't recommended for many of the ultralight scandium revolvers because the force of recoil is often sufficient to cause the bullets to jump the crimp and tie up the cylinder.

I wouldn't think this would be an issue with the TRR8, because it's hefty relative to the Airlite J-frames. Nevertheless, there is one way to confirm this: shoot the living snot out of it.

It certainly won't hurt the gun.

ladders1901
06-24-15, 20:31
I have an R8 and I am also a reloader. I contacted S&W about this issue and they said that lead bullets are absolutely no problem.

jmlshooter
07-05-15, 12:24
Lead bullets aren't recommended for many of the ultralight scandium revolvers because the force of recoil is often sufficient to cause the bullets to jump the crimp and tie up the cylinder.

I wouldn't think this would be an issue with the TRR8, because it's hefty relative to the Airlite J-frames. Nevertheless, there is one way to confirm this: shoot the living snot out of it.

It certainly won't hurt the gun.

Man, I can confirm this happens with my scandium j-frame. A showstopper.