PDA

View Full Version : XPS 2-1 ??

haldermand
05-01-15, 20:37
What are your thoughts on the 1 MOA dot only in this optic? I'm thinking that might be a little small, but the 65 MOA circle has always been so fuzzy to my eyes. Anybody have any experience with the XPS 2-1?

foxtrotx1
05-02-15, 18:36
The circle dot is the best thing going for the EoTEch over the Aim-point, so getting rid of the doughnut is a step backwards IMO. If the EOtech is fuzzy for you it either means your not focusing on the target, or you have an astigmatism. There is a certain amount of fuzziness that will always be present, but it's a non issue on the range. If you just want a dot, might as well get the aim-point and benefit from the extra durability and long battery life. My XPS bled battery life while turned off, so I sold it and swore off holographic sights forever. I use a Mini-acog now.

NongShim
05-02-15, 23:04
The circle dot is the best thing going for the EoTEch over the Aim-point, so getting rid of the doughnut is a step backwards IMO. If the EOtech is fuzzy for you it either means your not focusing on the target, or you have an astigmatism. There is a certain amount of fuzziness that will always be present, but it's a non issue on the range. If you just want a dot, might as well get the aim-point and benefit from the extra durability and long battery life. My XPS bled battery life while turned off, so I sold it and swore off holographic sights forever. I use a Mini-acog now.

I agree with the part about the ring and how removing it is a step in the wrong direction. That being said, I played with the dot only Eotech and I like it. Been a while since I used an Aimpoint, but I like the dot Eotech better. I thought it was rad, aside from not having the ring.

Etho
05-11-15, 19:57
Meh. CR123s and that Ring/Dot reticle is what makes me prefer the Eotech over the Aimpoint. So, for me it would be pointless.

soulezoo
05-13-15, 13:13
That ring/dot is also what I like along with the "TV" view of the Eotech and why it is my preferred RDS.

Echoing previous posts, if you want single dot, you may as well get the Aimpoint.

Full disclosure: I have both.