PDA

View Full Version : NYPD officer shot

rocsteady
05-02-15, 22:10
http://nypost.com/2015/05/02/nypd-cop-shot-in-the-head-in-queens/

“It doesn’t look good,” one officer could be heard telling another at the emergency room, which was crammed with worried fellow cops.
The injured officer was reported in critical but stable condition.
A suspect was taken into custody shortly afterward at his nearby home.
His name was not immediately released. But law enforcement sources told The Post that he has a police record of ten arrests including robbery, grand larceny and criminal possession of a weapon".

Think the new mayor hasn't emboldened the criminal populace? "Before last December, it had been four years since the last NYPD officer shot and killed on duty. Det. Peter Figoski died Dec. 12, 2011 after he was shot while he was responding to a home invasion robbery in Brooklyn".

26 Inf
05-02-15, 23:08
Prayers to the officer, his partner and their families.

This is never a good idea:

The two had spotted a man on the street whom they knew to have a long police record, a police source said. The suspect was fiddling with his waistband, the source said. The officers pulled up alongside him, Bratton said.

That’s when the man, later identified as Demetrius Blackwell, 35, allegedly drew a gun and fired at least three shots, shattering the quiet of the middle-class neighborhood.

“Based on our sources, he immediately opened fire on them before they had a chance to get out of the vehicle,” Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said at a Jamaica Hospital press conference.

SteyrAUG
05-03-15, 01:37
Prayers to the officer, his partner and their families.

This is never a good idea:

The two had spotted a man on the street whom they knew to have a long police record, a police source said. The suspect was fiddling with his waistband, the source said. The officers pulled up alongside him, Bratton said.

That’s when the man, later identified as Demetrius Blackwell, 35, allegedly drew a gun and fired at least three shots, shattering the quiet of the middle-class neighborhood.

“Based on our sources, he immediately opened fire on them before they had a chance to get out of the vehicle,” Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said at a Jamaica Hospital press conference.

While pretty bad, I expected it to be another deliberate ambush.

SWATcop556
05-04-15, 18:42
The officer was 25 years old and passed away today from his injuries. Rest easy.

HD1911
05-04-15, 20:17
RIP

Last I had heard, this morning I believe, was that he was in Stable Condition... thought he was going to pull through. What a shame.

Yet another Piece of Evil Trash that should not have been back out on the Streets. This SHOULD NOT have even had the chance to happen.

Sam
05-04-15, 20:30
RIP officer Moore :(

Where are all of the mourners? where are the cries against violence? where is the scumbag race baiting reverend?

SeriousStudent
05-04-15, 21:39
My thoughts and prayers are with Officer Moore, his family and friends.

May his murderer face the fullest penalty of the law.

SteyrAUG
05-04-15, 22:14
The officer was 25 years old and passed away today from his injuries. Rest easy.

Not to drift, but I found the following.

https://www.facebook.com/policelivesmatter

TriviaMonster
05-04-15, 22:36
That's terrible. 25 is way too young.