PDA

View Full Version : Fenix PD35

Jpoe88
05-03-15, 22:23
Thoughts on the Fenix PD35 for edc? I know the 18650 battery is a little obscure but I am set up well on them (vaping) or cr123's. I need an edc light and it fits my price point along with everything else.

Input? I know you surefire guys have an opinion

philcam
05-03-15, 23:21
I'd pass on the Fenix. I have a LD10 that was a backup to my Surefire EB1. I also bought 5 Fenix E05s for my keychains. I bought all the flashlights at the same time about 18 months ago. Today, my LD10 sits on my workbench with a tailcap that is corroded and won't work, and two of the five E05s are also broken. Fenix does not have any customer support here in the U.S. Fenix expects you to return the light to the retailer for repair/replacement. My Surefire EB1 is 6 or 7 years old and I've never had an issue.

I would look into something more reliable, although you might spend a bit more.

kyle.t.richard
05-04-15, 00:46
I have a fenix Uc40 ultimate edition I use at work. By far the best flashlight I have ever had and better then anyone else's that I work with. Small enough to fit in my pocket but bright enough to see everything I need to on all the poles we go out to.

Jpoe88
05-04-15, 04:53
The EB1 isn't too far from price range. I usually buy from ebay. I put a little time and effort into e-stalking to get the best deals.

Anyone else? Looking to pull the trigger in the next few weeks

Bluedreaux
05-04-15, 23:35
Here's a link to a review I posted here about a year ago. It's for a PD35 WML but the video comparison gives you a good idea of what the light does.

For reference, it been on my patrol rifle since the review daily, been shot in several 3Gun matches and hasn't missed a beat. It has several thousand rounds on it now.

https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-151645.html

nimdabew
05-05-15, 00:44
I have been carrying a PD20UE for several months in addition to my E2DLED. I use the PDT more than the E2DLED because of the variable memory settings, smaller size, and less stigma of losing it since it is only a $50 light. I would replace it if I lost it. I don't think I would replace the E2DLED, but it has been in my pocket for over 5 years and is still bright as hell and won't quit working. Both are good lights, but I like each for different reasons.

Shiz
05-05-15, 07:41
I currently own;

-E01 been beat to hell on keychains thrown, dropped etc for 4 years.
-E05 -SAO 2 years
-HL50 1 year. best headlamp I have ever had. beat to hell still works with both AA and cr123.
-PD32 3 years. My workhorse. very tough. dropped too much on pavement, etc. I am using the 18650 rechargeable for these last 2.
-TK22 A bit larger, but over 600 lumens is nice sometimes.

burgeman
05-05-15, 08:08
I have had a TK12 for almost 4 years now, thing has never let me down unless I forgot to charge the batteries but even then it put out light.

Marty w
05-05-15, 09:29
I love my PD35. I've had no problems of any kind from either of my two Fenix lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesse H
05-05-15, 17:24
I've got an older Fenix L2D that I used for several years when I worked nights. I bought it to replace the Streamlights we were issued since the Fenix was smaller yet more powerful. I've dropped it a couple times and the finish has wear but it's still works fine as long as I keep fresh batteries in it. It's since been replaced by a more powerful 4Sevens light. The Fenix now lives on my SWAT vest because I don't need a 500 lumen light for secondary searches indoors.

No way do I feel Fenix lights are on par with the Surefires that are attached to my weapons, but for moderate use or as a secondary light I've been more than happy with mine.

Jpoe88
05-05-15, 18:32
I vape and my box mod and mechanical mod uses 18650 batteries and I've got a nitecore i4 and a dozen Sony vtc4's so it's logical for me to find a good light that runs those since they are rechargeable and I happen to have plenty

GaryXD
05-05-15, 18:54
I have two PD35's. They've worked well for me.

Jpoe88
05-05-15, 21:35
Looks like the poles are in and I'll grab one next week when I have my play money built back up.

HighDesert
05-05-15, 21:54
It's hard to justify spending $ on Surefires these days - a few years ago it was a different story, but fenix and others have really become quality lights...

Dont get me wrong, I still love my Surefires and EDC the newer E1L, but my fenixs (feni?) have never let me down.

chrismartin
05-05-15, 22:14
I love the 18650's. Very versatile.
I have a TK11, PD32, PD32UE and a PD35 (and a NiteCore P12) that all take 18650's. My favorite light out of all of those is the PD35.

nova3930
05-06-15, 09:47
I carry a PD22UE most days. I like it because it fits perfectly in that 5th pocket on a pair of jeans. The variable intensity via the side button works well for a general use light.

Jesse H
05-06-15, 13:20
It's hard to justify spending $ on Surefires these days - a few years ago it was a different story, but fenix and others have really become quality lights...

Dont get me wrong, I still love my Surefires and EDC the newer E1L, but my fenixs (feni?) have never let me down.

Every time I think about straying from Surefire for light that plays a critical role, I keep going back. I completely buggered up the mounting system on my X300u so badly that they're sending me a new one.

But yes, it's nice how nowadays we can get some high quality lights at reasonable prices.

U&A
05-08-15, 13:44
I have sent 3 Fenix lights back to the manufacturer in 3 years because they stopped working. 2 of them were PD35's ( i think, its been a while). At first I never wanted to pay the money for a Surefire but after I went through 3 of the Fenix lights I took the plunge and Im VERY glad I did. the Surefire lights really are great if you are hard on your light. Fenix did have a grate return policy. I never had to pay for anything to get them replaced, except when i upgraded to the PD35 i had to pay the difference.

now its Surefire or Streamlight ONLY for me.

EDIT: I only have experience with Streamlights weapons lights. I have many many thousands of rounds through my G19 and the TLR-3 still works great.