PDA

View Full Version : Tuckable Holsters

STAMarine
05-05-15, 15:41
Not sure if this is the correct thread but I'll post here.

Does anyone have any experience with tuckable holsters? I currently use OWB for work in a suit and wither OWB or IWB at other times. However, I have to attend a lot of after hours functions required for work that I want to be more casual than a suit but an untucked shirt is a little too casual.

How do tuckable holster work and actually look? Are they a gimmick?

I had a hard enough time finding a good holster for a P07 until I had success with Rocky River. They also make tuckable holsters so I am contemplating getting one.

quino171
05-05-15, 16:27
I am curious as well. I see those desantis tuckables for like $21 on ebay.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Jim D
05-10-15, 20:13
It depends on too many variable to answer this question blindly. Some holsters for some guns work work better for some people than others.

How your clothes fit, where you're wearing the holster and the size of the gun all play a role. Generally speaking, a holster that rides really tight and prints very little for you will work OK tucked in.

I wrote off tuckable holsters for a long time, but the Raven Eidolon works well for me tucked in as well as un-tucked. That's largely due to the fact that the holster rides so tight to the body that it can afford for clothing to be tucked in tightly around it.

A cheap holster that doesn't conceal well un-tucked is going to suck when tucked in. A good fitting holster that permits it though, might just work, depending on how your clothes fit over it.

zacii
05-10-15, 21:20
I use a CrossBreed SuperTuck.

I tried using it tucked in, with a suit and tie, but it was too uncomfortable for my taste.

Holsters seem to be highly personal. What works for one may not for another.

I don't use it tucked, but it still works as a regular IWB.

William B.
05-10-15, 21:35
I also used a Crossbreed Supertuck for my full-sized 1911. Great holster, but I still kept my shirt untucked. It didn't look natural with the shirt tucked in and it was obvious that I was concealing something. YMMV, though, with a different gun or if you're willing to blouse your tucked-in shirt to the extreme.

Alpha-17
05-10-15, 21:43
I just picked up a Front Line tuckable holster for my Jericho 941 last week. I love the concept, and thus far haven't noticed anything I dislike about it. I'm sure I will in time, but right now it seems like a good "do anything" option.

MorphCross
05-11-15, 00:56
I use a RCS Kydex with tuckable soft loops in conjunction with a Maxpedition Liger belt. The materials blend together well and generate enough friction to keep the holster in it's place. When wearing a suitably loose tucked in shirt in dark colors it breaks up the appearance of a firearm. Comfort wise I would also suggest wearing a t-shirt or tank tee between your skin and the firearm.

STAMarine
05-14-15, 08:23
When you say "wearing a suitable loose tucked in shirt in dark colors," are you talking about a button up shirt or like a polo?

MorphCross
05-14-15, 12:28
Button up long sleeve, button up short sleeve, or polo as long as the fit around the stomach is suitably loose and the color is dark (dark reds, dark blues, dark browns, dark grays, and blacks). Tuckable like any carry option require some concessions on clothing selection and purchasing if absolute concealment is your aim.

pyrotechnic
05-14-15, 21:57
I've had very good luck with just a Raven VG2 and a g19 AIWB. Usually just a polo tucked into jeans. Beforehand I used a crossbreed supertuck and while it worked it was much more difficult to control printing.

Teolax
05-20-15, 20:14
I can tuck my Stealth Gear appendix holster with a Springfield XDS without much of a problem.

dnbailey
05-27-15, 09:13
Cry havoc gear makes great tuck able holsters. Www.cryhavocgear.com

turnburglar
05-27-15, 12:40
I edc a g19 and alien gear 2.0.

I like the 2.0 pretty well being neoprene and not leather. Out here in Phoenix it can get 'warm' and the holster doesn't get uncomfortable. What I do notice is the stippling on my glock can cause shirts to hang up and print. Unfortunately I have never actually tucked a tuckable holster and will need to in the future. I'll report back how it goes.