PDA

View Full Version : Kahles K16i 1X6 Reticle Questions

kaiser soze
05-06-15, 12:27
I was wondering if anyone can explain the way the SM1 and Sl1 retciles on the Kahles K16i scope are supposed to work with 7.62 NATO round? Are these used as a BDC? Would this scope be a good choice for a Larue PredatOBR w/16" barrel in 7.62 Nato caliber? I would want to hit targets from 50 yards to 500 yards or so. I can't find any info on how the reticle works or if it is for a specific calber. Which reticle would be prefered for the 7.62 round? Any help appreciated. Thanks

BobinNC
05-06-15, 15:36
I was wondering if anyone can explain the way the SM1 and Sl1 retciles on the Kahles K16i scope are supposed to work with 7.62 NATO round? Are these used as a BDC? Would this scope be a good choice for a Larue PredatOBR w/16" barrel in 7.62 Nato caliber? I would want to hit targets from 50 yards to 500 yards or so. I can't find any info on how the reticle works or if it is for a specific calber. Which reticle would be prefered for the 7.62 round? Any help appreciated. Thanks

The SM1 is a Mil based reticle, with Mil hashs marks in 1/2 Mil increments and therefore not for a specific caliber. The SI1 is an MOA based reticle, with dots, triangles and hashes in 5 MOA increments and appears to be also not for a specific caliber.

Between the two the SM1 seems a bit simpler.

trinydex
05-21-15, 03:29
does anyone have try dope for 77 grain pvri match for the mil reticle?

I mean i guess what I'm asking is what is the mil dope for 77 grain prvi match.

kaiser soze
06-05-15, 09:41
The SM1 is a Mil based reticle, with Mil hashs marks in 1/2 Mil increments and therefore not for a specific caliber. The SI1 is an MOA based reticle, with dots, triangles and hashes in 5 MOA increments and appears to be also not for a specific caliber.

Between the two the SM1 seems a bit simpler.

So the SM1 reticle would be the same as using a standard MilDot reticle? Could it be used for range finding in the same way? Thanks

MadAngler1
06-30-15, 21:16
So the SM1 reticle would be the same as using a standard MilDot reticle? Could it be used for range finding in the same way? Thanks

Yes and yes. It's a mil based reticule and is used in the same fashion.