PDA

View Full Version : 1957 AR10 being fired full speed and slow motion. You have never seen this video befo

RampartFirearms
05-07-15, 09:10
I thought some of you might like this video that you have never seen of a real AR10 from 1957. A prototype if you will. I don't normally take it out but its been sitting for a few years unfired so I decided to take it out and put a few rounds down range..

Yes in the video you will see the break / rocket launcher fly off while shooting... It was recovered and reinstalled and is just fine... In addition no small animals got harmed making this video and yes we had a 150 foot mountain as the backstop..

In short I collect AR prototypes and rare original Armalites, I am going to try to film all of them at some point and get them posted on youtube since you don't see many videos of the AR10, the AR17, AR18 or the AR5 on the net. So here is the first of many to come and it is also the grandfather of the AR15...

Now... On to the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oi4VC373Lw

Bayern
05-07-15, 09:14
Neat. Thanks. enjoyed that.

Ned Christiansen
05-07-15, 09:21
Yeah-- very good, keep it up!

On full auto it's just the thing if you have a 15' giant bearing down on you!

Mag spring must be weak....? Last round comes loose in the feedway due to inertia, and bolt locks back leaving it loose in there-- I think that's what's going on.

Thanks for sharing. Does that have the reverse selector positions?

RampartFirearms
05-07-15, 09:32
Yes the selector is reverse and yes the mag spring is not as strong as it once was 58 years ago, but it gets the job done. Normally I toss a snap cap in the mag first and it ends up on a cap at the end but did not bother to bring one this time.

The first gentleman in the video is Kevin, he works for me at my gun store. It was his very first time with a full auto and with the recoil he learned quick to keep that muzzle down!

:)

AM-15
05-07-15, 17:24
Great video, thanks.
The smile on Kevins face is well......priceless :)

Clarence

Renegade04
05-08-15, 17:17
Thanks for sharing. It was nice to see a vintage and authentic AR10 in action.

usmcvet
07-26-15, 06:18
OP. Post more read less! Awesome video.

tgizzard
07-26-15, 14:41
Very fun to watch, made me jealous!

Leaveammoforme
07-26-15, 15:28
Nice second post OP, thanks for sharing.

Out of curiosity, What did you film with and what speed was the slow motion? I recently discovered the slow motion on my phone and was surprised with how good the quality was.

Firefly
07-27-15, 13:13
Can it use SR25 and Pmags?
I'll never see one outside of a museum and always wanted to know