PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Military Contract Ammo

MassMark
07-15-08, 11:15
Yes, i did a search - thanks. I was curious if anyone had any experience with this ammo. I wandered into a fairly large stock of it at a fairly good price. Seller states he bought a few thousand to run through his HK93 and it's been GTG, but thought I'd check in here before I open my wallet...

markm
07-15-08, 15:18
There was a couple of threads here with guys who had ordered some. But no one ever really gave any juicy feedback on it. The only thing posted was that it was loaded to .223 velocities.

MassMark
07-16-08, 14:47
There was a couple of threads here with guys who had ordered some. But no one ever really gave any juicy feedback on it. The only thing posted was that it was loaded to .223 velocities.

Thanks - my build is almost done, so I'm stocking up. May try 100-rounds and give it a go...I did a Google search and didn't see anything negative....People tend to beotch when things go belly up, so I'll take silence as a good sign. I checked some ammo shops selling it online and they at least confirm, (or share the hype) that it's military contract ammo. Here's the pitch"

This is .223 Centurion Military Contract 55gr. FMJ Ammo. This ammo is manufactured by a U.S. Military contractor that has contracts to manufacture various types of ammunition and countermeasure flares for the U.S. Military. This ammo is brass cased, boxer primed, and 100% non-corrosive. This is clean, reliable, and accurate military grade ammo at a reasonable price. This is premium 100% new manufactured ammo, made in the USA. This ammo comes bulk packed.

We'll see....

flanntastic
07-18-08, 16:31
its not military contract ammo, its new components put together by a military contractor. Its good ammo.

jh1
07-20-08, 07:53
its not military contract ammo, its new components put together by a military contractor. Its good ammo.

Who sells this ammo?

KellyTTE
07-20-08, 08:24
Who sells this ammo?

Ammunition to Go.

jh1
07-20-08, 08:53
Ammunition to Go.

Thank you very much.:D

flanntastic
07-20-08, 13:15
J&G, ammo to go, Aim, SG

MassMark
07-25-08, 07:48
Until my build is done, (any day now please), I can only report that it looks like good stuff. I sat in my living room loading mags last night, (am I pathetic or what?). It comes bulk packed and I actually got 3 extra rounds.

I forgot to add that I also bought 100 of the Speer LE 55gr and also have no experience with it....Anyone shoot this stuff? Looks to be loaded on Lake City brass...

I'm buying as much variety as I can and marking the mags on the floorplate with a white crayon so I can keep track of what shoots what. So far, I have mags loaded with:

Speer Lawman LE 5.56 55gr

Centurion Military Contract 5.56 55gr

Privi Partisan .223 55gr

Federal XM193C 55gr

I have 800 rounds loaded total - going to have mags for another 200 of what I am not sure yet. Going to have a 1k day when this puppy is done...Can't wait.

markm
08-13-08, 10:51
Speer Lawman LE 5.56 55gr

I see that at Ammuntion to go. Does it seem to be XM193 in a Speer box?