PDA

View Full Version : New Aimpoint on the way

jlficken
07-15-08, 11:27
Thanks to Grant's "Open Box" thread I now have a COMPML3 2MOA on it's way and a Larue LT-129 direct from Larue as well since Grant was out. I haven't used an Aimpoint before but have used other Red Dot sights so I hope I like the 2MOA. If I don't I will sell it I suppose and get the 4MOA version but I don't think there will be a problem and I can't wait to try it out. I was set on an EOTech of some kind but I give my thanks to everyone here for convincing me that the Aimpoint is a better option for hard use and battery life. It will always be left on and if something goes bump in the night(God forbid) at least I won't have to mess with turning it on.

The gun is mostly a SD gun but will also be for range use as well of course. It's a Sabre middy upper w/ standard handguards and a Spike's lower w/ a standard Vltor ModStock. Now to decide whether to get a light(no idea which one) or a BUIS(Troy) next. It's a good thing I sold a S&W 1076 or else I would be in trouble spending all this money :)

Oscar 319
07-15-08, 11:45
You sold a S&W 1076! :mad:

Back up sights are a must have. As reliable as Aimpoints are, they are still an electronic device and will fail (maybe in 30 years ;) ).

jlficken
07-15-08, 11:52
Yeah I bought it on a whim as I have a G20 already and I greatly enjoy shooting that gun. It is a very nice firearm just not for me. I don't have enough extra money around to have guns I don't like with my new mortgage starting this month. I have huge hands and long fingers and the single action pull of it was downright uncomfortable and I would sometimes hit the mag release. I had to have my finger sticking way out to the side in order to have my index finger sit properly on the trigger and I didn't like it. I will probably regret selling it in 20 years when it is worth 5 times what I sold it for but in the meantime I got my Aimpoint, Larue Mount, and probably a Troy BUIS based on your comment.

I was thinking a BUIS should come first but I wondered if a light should be first since it is more of a HD gun so it could potentially be used at night.

Edit: I forgot to mention it was an FBI issued 1076 as well. That is why it hurt to sell it.