PDA

View Full Version : Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Gets Death Penalty

Averageman
05-15-15, 20:13
In a sweeping rejection of the defense case, a federal jury on Friday condemned Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to death for his role in the 2013Boston Marathon bombings.
The jury found that death was the appropriate punishment for six of 17 capital counts — all six related to Mr. Tsarnaev’s planting of a pressure-cooker bomb, which his lawyers never disputed. Mr. Tsarnaev sat stone-faced as the verdict was read.
At the same time, the jury rejected the centerpiece of the defense argument, that he was under the influence of his older brother, Tamerlan, a self-radicalized jihadist. Nor did it believe that being locked away in the supermax prison in Colorado would sufficiently restrict Mr. Tsarnaev’s communications with the outside world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/16/us/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-death-sentence.html

This made me smile. Sometimes they get it right!

SteyrAUG
05-15-15, 20:39
Good. Only problem is he will probably die of natural causes before they actually do it.

jpmuscle
05-15-15, 20:58
Good. Only problem is he will probably die of natural causes before they actually do it.
Maybe we'll get lucky and he forgoes his appeal in a vain attempt to martyr himself.

I like to see him go out with a pipe bomb strapped to his face.

SilverBullet432
05-15-15, 21:12
My vote is for: Death by explosives!!! Aloha snackbar MFER!!!!

VIP3R 237
05-15-15, 21:26
Feed him pork products for the rest of his days and then feed his body to the pigs.

Big A
05-15-15, 21:37
Maybe we'll get lucky and he forgoes his appeal in a vain attempt to martyr himself.

I like to see him go out with a pipe bomb shoved up his ass.

Fixed it for ya, Man On Fire style...;)

Averageman
05-15-15, 21:52
Here's to hoping he has the worst legal representation possible.
I've never danced on a grave or pissed on a tombstone, but this guy might be the exception.

26 Inf
05-15-15, 22:08
Isn't there an automatic direct appeal to the next highest court in death penalty cases? In this case it would be an automatic appeal to the First Circuit.

Every death-row inmate must be afforded at least one level of judicial review. This process of judicial review is called the direct appeal. As the U.S. Supreme Court stated in Barefoot v. Estelle, “[d]irect appeal is the primary avenue for review of a conviction or
sentence, and death penalty cases are no exception.”

The direct appeal process in capital cases is designed to correct any errors in the trial court’s findings of fact and law and to determine whether the trial court’s actions during the guilt/innocence and sentencing phases of the trial were unlawful, excessively severe, or an abuse of discretion.

I have no problem with the death penalty, but I think sitting in solitary for 23 hours a day at the Florence Supermax for the rest of his life would be more actual punishment.

http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/administrative/death_penalty_moratorium/ohio_chapter7.authcheckdam.pdf

Benito
05-15-15, 23:31
While I am glad that he got the death penalty, I am not pleased that:
a) he will be housed and fed on the taxpayers' dime for a long time to come; and
b) that the US Attorney is running interference for Islam, claiming that this was a purely a political, rather than religious crime. Naive, clueless dhimmis like this do not yet realize that you cannot separate politics from religion in Islam. The religion itself commands "political" actions such as the ones the Tsarnaevs took.

WillBrink
05-16-15, 07:06
Isn't there an automatic direct appeal to the next highest court in death penalty cases? In this case it would be an automatic appeal to the First Circuit.

Every death-row inmate must be afforded at least one level of judicial review. This process of judicial review is called the direct appeal. As the U.S. Supreme Court stated in Barefoot v. Estelle, “[d]irect appeal is the primary avenue for review of a conviction or
sentence, and death penalty cases are no exception.”

The direct appeal process in capital cases is designed to correct any errors in the trial court’s findings of fact and law and to determine whether the trial court’s actions during the guilt/innocence and sentencing phases of the trial were unlawful, excessively severe, or an abuse of discretion.

I have no problem with the death penalty, but I think sitting in solitary for 23 hours a day at the Florence Supermax for the rest of his life would be more actual punishment.

http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/administrative/death_penalty_moratorium/ohio_chapter7.authcheckdam.pdf

At 23 years old no less. That's a long life to live in a small room. If they could walk him out and put one in his head I'd be OK, he won't see the the needle for decades if he ever does after wasting massive $$ public funds.

ABNAK
05-16-15, 07:19
At 23 years old no less. That's a long life to live in a small room. If they could walk him out and put one in his head I'd be OK, he won't see the the needle for decades if he ever does after wasting massive $$ public funds.

Yeah, but this is the best of both worlds: he'll still sit in that little room for 23 hours a day for years, knowing the only way out will be the pinch of a needle! The whole process of knowing you're going to die (eventually), then as it approaches the apprehension and natural fear associated with it. A bullet is too quick. F**k him.

Vandal
05-16-15, 10:16
Here's to hoping he has the worst legal representation possible.
I've never danced on a grave or pissed on a tombstone, but this guy might be the exception.

Well, this guy and Jane Fonda but that's for another thread. I'm concerned about the martyr aspect of his sentence. He'll be segregated from GenPop in prison and if/when the sentence is carried out he will become a very famous martyr for their cause. In the end, he still gets what he wants.

ABNAK
05-16-15, 15:25
Well, this guy and Jane Fonda but that's for another thread. I'm concerned about the martyr aspect of his sentence. He'll be segregated from GenPop in prison and if/when the sentence is carried out he will become a very famous martyr for their cause. In the end, he still gets what he wants.

No offense intended, but that argument is lame. He needs to die.