PDA

View Full Version : Anybody bought OR Shot

RWH24
05-17-15, 15:33
The new Sig 320 45acp in any configuration yet?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=484066661

Texaspoff
05-19-15, 05:57
The new Sig 320 45acp in any configuration yet?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=484066661

Yes, Shot one a few weeks back when Sig Sauer was at a local sheriffs department academy for a product demonstration day. The 45 is an excellent pistol. Very accurate and recoil was very mild. I was very impressed with it. If I was to go back to carrying a 45 ACP on duty, this would definitely be at the top of my list. FWIW we got to shoot the 9mm, .357, 40, and 45, full size and compacts in all three frame sizes.

Surprisingly, the .357 seemed to have the least amount of recoil during rapid fire strings. Several other people there also felt the same. They had each caliber in all three frame sizes, and while the Med was fine, the small really allowed me to get a good solid hold on the pistol. I know they are probably pick of litter product by the sig guys since they were there to show these things off, but there was not a singe malfunction with any of the pistol they had on hand.

Overall the 320 is a very impressive pistol. FYI, three of the 320's, the 45's actually, also had the new lower profile take down levers, and slide locks. We were told they had not decided if they would become the norm for all 320's, but they would be offered through the Sig shop for anyone who wanted them.

I like so many other are heavily invested in Glocks, and have been carrying them on and off duty for years. If I was to move to another platform, the 320 series would be it, at least for me.

TXPO

RWH24
05-19-15, 11:30
I appreciate this information. I am loaded with 9mm's and just wanted a 45acp but not a 1911.
I will do some looking and see if any of the LE/MIL dealers have any in stock.

One person I spoke with about Sig LE/MIL said Sig had dropped several models due to not being able to
get guns/parts from Germany. Something about a ban on import from Germany. I was told the SRT parts
come from Germany and Sig USA was unable to complete fulfill pistol orders with SRT (Short Reset Trigger) in them.