PDA

View Full Version : GG&G Accucam for Eotech

Pinnacle
09-28-06, 04:23
I searched and couldn't find anything on this. Does anyone own one? I read some negative stuff awhile back and wanted to confirm it with actual users instead of armchair commandos. Thanks!

KevinB
09-28-06, 12:12
Dont -- go Larue...

A buddy of mine from my old unit got one (and a few other guys too) anyway -- awkward - did not hold the sight to the weapon well during active periods -- and the RTZ was 'iffy'.

In short the Larue is better...

LukeMacGillie
09-28-06, 12:46
I have no exp with either but Both the GG&G and the Larue were evaluated by the folks that I work for and the GG&G won. The Larue would not return to zero.

Steel_Weasel
09-28-06, 13:22
I've used both and have nothing but praise for both systems. The GG&G accu-can is more 'low-profile' than the Larue mount but doesn't incorporate the PVS-14 mount...if this is a concern. In the end I opted for the accucam simply because it fit my needs better. No zero/RTZ issues noted. My buddy went with a Larue.

yrac
09-28-06, 13:28
I have no exp with either but Both the GG&G and the Larue were evaluated by the folks that I work for and the GG&G won. The Larue would not return to zero.

Luke -

I am not doubting your statement, but my guess is that you somehow got a mount that slipped through QC, or (likely) the folks doing the testing were not pushing the LaRue mount forward on the rail before locking it down, resulting in inconsistent placement. I've been using LaRue mounts for both the Aimpoint and EOTech for some time, and all have consistently returned to zero. While my experience doesn't make for a broad sample, I know that many others have had similar success with the LaRue mounts.

Again, I'm not doubting your account. Just making the point that the experience you describe above is not reflective of the LaRue mount, as a general rule. Did the guys doing the testing contact LaRue? In my experience, Mark LaRue is the type of guy who either tells you how to install it correctly, if that's the problem, or immediately replaces the product if, by chance, a bad one got through. YMMV.

Zip06
09-28-06, 13:49
I purchased an Accucam before the LaRue hit the market. I have no experience with the LaRue but my Accucam works as advertised.

Pinnacle
09-28-06, 18:15
For those of you that have used or own the accucam for an eotech, did you notice any lateral cant of the holosight body itself once tightened. This was the dirty rumor that I heard and I think it would bother me.

Steel_Weasel
09-28-06, 20:38
As stated I have had zero probems with my accucam. No cant, no rtz issues, nothing but satisfaction.

Pinnacle
09-28-06, 20:50
Thanks Steel. I'm gonna have to try one out for myself. I like that it doesn't take up any more rail space than the eotech alone.

macman37
09-28-06, 21:39
I have 2 Accucams and they work as advertised in my admittedly light use.

No experience with the LaRue offering.

GaryG
09-29-06, 20:17
I also picked the AccuCam over the LaRue for both my EOTech and Aimpoint.

There is no doubt that the LaRue is a solid, quality mount, but I just didn't like the way that ~3/8" nut sits on top of the locking arm - - it looks like parts from Home Depot kludged together in someone's garage. I haven't heard of any issues of it coming loose, so it probably isn't a big deal, functionally, but why couldn't Mark LaRue put a cover or something over it when he designed it?

My Accucams have worked flawlessly - - no issues with not returning to zero or anything.

hipower
10-12-06, 22:11
I got a 511 with the Accucam installed from GG&G last week (just walked in to their shop and asked if they had it in stock). I have had no problems returning to zero, nor have I noticed any 'canting on my a3 upper. The Accucam does not add any height to the sight.

Steve
10-12-06, 22:31
I - it looks like parts from Home Depot kludged together in someone's garage. I haven't heard of any issues of it coming loose, so it probably isn't a big deal, functionally, but why couldn't Mark LaRue put a cover or something over it when he designed it?

looks who cares about looks as long as it works..... its not date....... its your life as long as your happy with your accucam great.....

I use Marks gear no issues with rtz.
(except its ugly to some:D )

nickdrak
10-12-06, 22:48
I prefer the LaRue's raised height (I prefer the lower 1/3 co-witness), and the design of the LaRue's locking lever is superior to the large snag prone Accucam lever. As far as not getting the LaRue mount to RTZ, they must not have read the directions.

Mooneys
10-15-06, 16:22
For those of you that have used or own the accucam for an eotech, did you notice any lateral cant of the holosight body itself once tightened. This was the dirty rumor that I heard and I think it would bother me.

I've sold dozens of Accucams and have never had a customer call with any issues. All good from here.

Pinnacle
10-20-06, 06:20
Here is the happy ending to this story- I took the plunge so to speak and ordered one the GG&G Accucams for my Eotech and it is wonderful! None of the issues I have heard others complain about are even remotely evident on mine. It locks up very tight, sits flat on the rail, and so far has returned to zero after a few remounts. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I have zero experience with the Larue mount, but I hear it is great too.

Robb Jensen
10-20-06, 07:53
Larue mounts that fail to return to zero are adjusted incorrectly.

C4IGrant
10-20-06, 10:14

I am going to take a wild guess and say that the lever was not properly adjusted.

C4

C4IGrant
10-20-06, 10:23
Neil (NAG) on ARFCOM has a lot of experience with the GG&G levers and he advised that the levers seem to work themselves loose over time. I also remember reading that GG&G even stated that they did not gurantee a repeat zero.

For those of you that believe your mount does return to zero, how would you know? Meaning, if the weapon is zeroed and your using an Aimpoint (either 2 or 4 MOA) and unmounted/mounted it, it could be off and you would never know because of the size of the dot.

About the only real way to check zero is with a precision optic (read fine cross hairs). This test has been done with the LT SPR mounts time and time again and has been documented in a couple of magazines.

C4