PDA

View Full Version : Waco Texas Shooting Leaves 9 Dead

CLHC
05-17-15, 16:26
Just saw*** this in the news:

USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/05/17/waco-gang-shooting/27493915/)

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/17/us/texas-shooting/index.html)

KWTX (http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html)

Averageman
05-17-15, 16:39
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html

He also said police have been trying to work with management at Twin Peaks for several weeks but have been thwarted in their efforts to avoid a situation like happened Sunday afternoon.

That's Nuts! They were still making arrests 20 minutes ago.

jpmuscle
05-17-15, 17:11
If only guns were outlawed outlaw biker gangs wouldn't have guns...

Averageman
05-17-15, 17:16
If only guns were outlawed outlaw biker gangs wouldn't have guns...
An if we just outlawed Motorcycles we wouldn't have "Outlaw" Motorcycle Clubs.
I blame the whole thing on Marlon Brando.

TAZ
05-17-15, 17:18
I want to get more definition of what the heck the quote Averageman linked to means? Did Twin Peaks organize some idiotic event that drew these deuche bags to their doors?

williejc
05-17-15, 17:19
My town hits the world news again.

SilverBullet432
05-17-15, 17:27
As usual. Gun control comments are stupid. Makes my head hurt. Also makes me want to snap my phone in half.

SteyrAUG
05-17-15, 17:43
So long as all the dead and wounded are "rival biker gangs"...who cares?

I of course suspect the involvement of Janet Reno.

jpmuscle
05-17-15, 17:43
This guy.....http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/17/7895a30c2e349672b0ab640747ba670c.jpg

williejc
05-17-15, 17:48
Local news: Law enforcement had prior knowledge of biker attendance at this café and were "ready" for them. These idiots fired on swat teams who then returned deadly fire. So far no good guys are dead or wounded.

Whiskey_Bravo
05-17-15, 17:50
I want to get more definition of what the heck the quote Averageman linked to means? Did Twin Peaks organize some idiotic event that drew these deuche bags to their doors?

Local PD has been asking management to not allow the groups to gather there but according to the PD spokesman they refused. They knew that rival gangs were meeting there and even had officers as well as a swat team there when it went down. PD is not happy with twin peaks management for not working with them.

Whiskey_Bravo
05-17-15, 17:52
Concern now is PD is reporting rival gang members are starting to flood into Waco. I assume a call went out for all members to show up so we could see more stupidness before it is all said and done.

Averageman
05-17-15, 17:57
Local PD has been asking management to not allow the groups to gather there but according to the PD spokesman they refused. They knew that rival gangs were meeting there and even had officers as well as a swat team there when it went down. PD is not happy with twin peaks management for not working with them.

As well they should be. It doesn't take a PHD in criminology to understand there may be some ramifications for this kind of attitude.
I would say as soon as the blood and chalk marked body outlines are off of the floor this place will go up for sale. The legal action taken against the owners in the way of being libel for innocent folks in there for the Boobs, Beer and Burgers should seal the deal by Tuesday.
They might of well have had free range dog fighting and given everyone who entered "Bacon Pants."

ABNAK
05-17-15, 18:10
Read the story and the title is misleading.......apparently there were cops crawling all over the place and they did most of the killin'.

(not the title of this thread but the article I read said something like "Shootout between rival biker gangs leaves 9 dead.")

platoonDaddy
05-17-15, 18:13
An if we just outlawed Motorcycles we wouldn't have "Outlaw" Motorcycle Clubs.
I blame the whole thing on Marlon Brando.

You mean "Johnny"

Whiskey_Bravo
05-17-15, 18:14
The shootout started when the rival gangs began to fight. At this point I do not think it has been released who shot who unless you have something different? So the title still holds true as far as I can tell.

platoonDaddy
05-17-15, 18:22
Live interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T3Buc94gRk&feature=youtu.be

SilverBullet432
05-17-15, 18:28
This guy.....http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/17/7895a30c2e349672b0ab640747ba670c.jpg

Hmm yet he has a charlie newspaper on his avatar. Guess how that shit happened here in tx? 2 dead hajis..... Case closed. Damn libs.

ABNAK
05-17-15, 18:35
The shootout started when the rival gangs began to fight. At this point I do not think it has been released who shot who unless you have something different? So the title still holds true as far as I can tell.

Technically a three-way shootout. "Shootout between rival biker gangs and police leaves 9 dead" appears to be a more accurate title. I wasn't talking about the title of this thread but an article on FOX I perused.

Averageman
05-17-15, 18:38

That really doesn't count, it's comedy.
Look closely at the photo, that's "Mr Bean."

26 Inf
05-17-15, 19:28
Live interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T3Buc94gRk&feature=youtu.be

13 minutes non-stop - I thought he did pretty good - notice how he numerous times explained how they had tried to interact with management to prevent the issue and mentioned that the officers were on scene in marked units.

I was on a ride kind of tracing the Santa Fe Trail in my area when this occurred, I guess it's a good thing the 175+ miles I rode today was pretty much all on dirt - 'rooster tails, don't shoot!'

Honu
05-17-15, 19:52
yes democratic solutions !
create the KKK
segregate the blacks and whites
make sure woman cant vote
lie cheat steal to cover up whatever needs to be and make sure you dont look at what we do only what we say !

CodeRed30
05-17-15, 20:57
Yeah, let's see the ballistics and see who shot who. I'd also like to see more details come out to see if the MCs actually shot at the police or just at eachother.

SteyrAUG
05-17-15, 22:54
Concern now is PD is reporting rival gang members are starting to flood into Waco. I assume a call went out for all members to show up so we could see more stupidness before it is all said and done.

Hopefully it results in more dead bikers. They aren't a "protected class" of criminal, you can shoot LOTS of them and nobody cares.

Moose-Knuckle
05-17-15, 22:55
Nine dead 02 thieves, I'd say it was an okay day. Too bad they all didn't take a dirt nap. There are not many things I abhor in life more than ****ing gangs.

Whiskey_Bravo
05-17-15, 23:27
Hopefully it results in more dead bikers. They aren't a "protected class" of criminal, you can shoot LOTS of them and nobody cares.

I agree

Honu
05-18-15, 01:21
all of em out to the desert last one coming back wins a prize :)

Honu
05-18-15, 01:22
double post :)

jpmuscle
05-18-15, 06:44
Nine dead 02 thieves, I'd say it was an okay day. Too bad they all didn't take a dirt nap. There are not many things I abhor in life more than ****ing gangs.
If you wear vests with colors, rockers, and goofy as* logos you may just be a (insert derogatory and insulting language here) type of person. Like your so badass you have to run around in a group of you? Please....

TXBK
05-18-15, 07:45
Laws pertaining to felons committing more felonies....we been had that.

sjc3081
05-18-15, 08:24
What do Harley Davidson motorcycles and vacuum cleaners have in common?
They both come with Dirtbags attached.

SilverBullet432
05-18-15, 08:37
While im sure these guys certainly had it coming, there are plenty of folk out there who ride harleys and are not gang affiliated.

Mauser KAR98K
05-18-15, 09:27
These guys are 1%ers. The 1% I don't mind being eliminated.

My question is: where is the ATF? They have, or had, a good task force against outlaw biker gangs.

jaxman7
05-18-15, 09:43
"Police have issued an Officer Safety Alert after credible information was received that the biker gangs involved in today's deadly shootout have been ordered to 'kill anyone in uniform'."

http://www.goheroes.us/53-hours/texas-biker-gangs-ordered-to-kill-anyone-in-uniform

-Jax

Vandal
05-18-15, 09:57
While im sure these guys certainly had it coming, there are plenty of folk out there who ride harleys and are not gang affiliated.

They may not be affiliated but they still want to play out their little biker fantasies on their Harleys.

docsherm
05-18-15, 10:41
Waco has always been a rough town....just ask David Koresh...... :jester:

Averageman
05-18-15, 10:42
They may not be affiliated but they still want to play out their little biker fantasies on their Harleys.
That's a very interesting opinion to have. Please Sir, when someone decides you have some sort of "fantasy" based upon gun ownership, step right up and turn all of yours right in.
Judging someone based upon their hobbies, interests or transportation is kind of throwing bricks from inside a glass house now isn't it?

Alex V
05-18-15, 10:44
Are we sure this isn't an episode of Sons of Anarchy?

What a bunch of fags...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4

sjc3081
05-18-15, 11:14
Waco has always been a rough town....just ask David Koresh...... :jester:

Be careful 22 children were burned alive. Just think of the reprucusions if they were black, Jews or Muslim children, but white Christian children are expendable.

26 Inf
05-18-15, 13:35

You are throwing a pretty wide loop there. I ride motorcycles, among the four I own is a Harley. I don't get dressed up in a costume to ride, I just ride, I like it. Okay?

Edited to add: Averageman's response was better.

Bolt_Overide
05-18-15, 15:19

Typical close minded non rider drivel. Do not speak about things you have no knowledge about, it marks you as an ignorant blowhard.

There were over a dozen clubs present, only one of them is marked as an organized criminal gang, and that is the Banditos MC. Riding a harley and being in a club does not make one a criminal, ask the founding president of the club I ride with, he was a Fed.

Clubs like the Banditos, Outlaws, Hells Angels and others youve heard of are criminals who happen to ride motorcycles. Most of us would prefer they go away, just like most people would like to see various other criminal elements would go away. Being black doesnt make you a gang banger, riding a harley doesnt make you like the Banditos.

There is a long standing history of animosity between the Banditos and the two clubs they attacked, the Cossacks MC and the Scimitars MC (Scimitars are a subservient associated club of the Cossacks). The big 1% clubs, like the Banditos, like to push people around and demand things of other bikers in their area, the Cossacks told them to go stuff it, which is what led to this.

Most if not all of the dead are by police hands, and from what I have heard from people who were there, they were not terribly discriminate in their fire. If you had a Kutte on, and were near the volience, you were a valid target, and unlike the loud mouthed Sgt spouting off shit he doesn't know about, not all the dead were armed.

Far too many people spouting off about things they aren't qualified to comment on. Harley + Kutte does not equal criminal. Half those clubs in the video and pics are just Vet clubs.

Honu
05-18-15, 16:01
drive a Honda you are trying to be like the Asian gangs !
drive some older fixed up car you are trying to be like the Mexican gangs
ride a Harley you are trying to be like biker gangs
ride a ricer bike and you are trying to be like some of the other thug gangs that ride these
big ol 4x4 wanabee a redneck maybe ?
nice suits drive a lincoln ? maybe trying to be like the old mob ?

there will always be the I want to be something else fantasy types its every where in life
but true biker gangs are gangs and make money doing illegal things just like these folks do
there are clubs that folks just ride and have fun in and are not criminals
what I wear or ride or drive does not make me something else :)

have to wonder why the place of biz did not cooperate ? maybe part of the gang ? hmmmmmm

ralph
05-18-15, 16:18
"Police have issued an Officer Safety Alert after credible information was received that the biker gangs involved in today's deadly shootout have been ordered to 'kill anyone in uniform'."

http://www.goheroes.us/53-hours/texas-biker-gangs-ordered-to-kill-anyone-in-uniform

-Jax

You'd think that the stupid ****s could figure out that if they actually carry something like this out, this could easily turn into a two way street...and the last time I looked, 2-3 rounds of 5.56 works alot better than chains, brass knuckles, screwdrivers, etc. And if they actually are stupid enough to try something like this, then it's time to go after them wholesale, wherever they could found.. Question for the legal minds on this board.. Would it be possible to charge the entire gang with murder if they did kill a cop?

Bolt_Overide
05-18-15, 19:51
There is a large biker culture out there that is completely law abiding, a percentage of that culture participates in the club aspect of the culture. They don't cause problems, they aren't slinging dope or running guns. Twin Peaks has a history of catering to bikers and the franchise owners probably thought nothing would happen. There have probably been 10s of thousands of bike events at twin peaks locations, I've been to 100s of them and never seen so much as fist fight between bikers.

Bolt_Overide
05-18-15, 19:53
You'd think that the stupid ****s could figure out that if they actually carry something like this out, this could easily turn into a two way street...and the last time I looked, 2-3 rounds of 5.56 works alot better than chains, brass knuckles, screwdrivers, etc. And if they actually are stupid enough to try something like this, then it's time to go after them wholesale, wherever they could found.. Question for the legal minds on this board.. Would it be possible to charge the entire gang with murder if they did kill a cop?

I would have honestly thought that the 1% guys that were that dumb would be in jail or dead by now. I can't speak to the veracity of the reports, but, most of these guys are about business and there's no profit in attacking johnny law.

SteyrAUG
05-18-15, 20:18
I would have honestly thought that the 1% guys that were that dumb would be in jail or dead by now. I can't speak to the veracity of the reports, but, most of these guys are about business and there's no profit in attacking johnny law.

I think you credit the average biker gang member with way too much intelligence. Sure they understand things like the economics of meth, but they are on the fringe because at essence they just can't follow the rules, and that includes the "killing cops is bad for business" rules.

Just like any other POS criminal organization, there is value to establishing a reputation of being willing to "take on anyone, anytime" and a lot of them just don't care about anything or anyone which is why they have to find like minded POS and form gangs.

The only criminal organization that actually lives by the rules is the "mafia" and they break their own rules all the damn time. Biker gangs are no different than crips, bloods and MS13, they just have motorcycles. And a lot of them think killing cops is "great sport."

SilverBullet432
05-18-15, 20:20
Shit Almost hit home:

DPS Reveals Biker Gangs Planned to Have 'War' in Odessa Weeks Ago
http://kosa.m0bl.net/r/256w9w

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-18-15, 20:41
What is wrong with white culture that leads to this violence? Is it the Neanderthal DNA?

We always get someone blaming black culture for the inner city riots, just wanted to do some balance.

Bad dudes, bad deeds, bad times.

SteyrAUG
05-18-15, 20:51
What is wrong with white culture that leads to this violence? Is it the Neanderthal DNA?

We always get someone blaming black culture for the inner city riots, just wanted to do some balance.

Clearly it's white people who have been disenfranchised by affirmative action programs. Zeb might have been President one day if simply given the same opportunities as Obama.

Voodoochild
05-18-15, 21:54

Has nothing to do with DNA and more to do with dick measuring contest. Grown ass men fighting over the sandbox and who gets to play where.

26 Inf
05-18-15, 22:33
Most if not all of the dead are by police hands, and from what I have heard from people who were there, they were not terribly discriminate in their fire. If you had a Kutte on, and were near the volience, you were a valid target, and unlike the loud mouthed Sgt spouting off shit he doesn't know about, not all the dead were armed.

Far too many people spouting off about things they aren't qualified to comment on. Harley + Kutte does not equal criminal. Half those clubs in the video and pics are just Vet clubs.

I'd be a little circumspect in believing 'what I have heard from people who were there' after all we've seen many recent incidents where the story told by 'those that were there' didn't hold up under scrutiny, uh, Ferguson, MO comes to mind.

Harley + Kutte = someone who wants to dress like a 1%'er. Those non-outlaw clubs you were talking about were rubbing elbows with the outlaws, weren't they?

SteyrAUG
05-19-15, 00:25
Has nothing to do with DNA and more to do with dick measuring contest. Grown ass men fighting over the sandbox and who gets to play where.

I think a reference might have gotten past you.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/01/140129-neanderthal-genes-genetics-migration-africa-eurasian-science/

Obviously a lot of groups have picked up this study and ran with it to form all kinds of baseless conclusions.

Bolt_Overide
05-19-15, 01:17
I'd be a little circumspect in believing 'what I have heard from people who were there' after all we've seen many recent incidents where the story told by 'those that were there' didn't hold up under scrutiny, uh, Ferguson, MO comes to mind.

Harley + Kutte = someone who wants to dress like a 1%'er. Those non-outlaw clubs you were talking about were rubbing elbows with the outlaws, weren't they?

Like most things, it isnt that simple. Im done trying to explain things to people here who will never understand anyway.

Bolt_Overide
05-19-15, 01:18

Like most things, it isnt that simple. Im done trying to explain things to people here who will never understand anyway.

Whiskey_Bravo
05-19-15, 08:14

Ahhhh, the ole " you'll never understand" response.

TAZ
05-19-15, 08:38

Actually it is just that simple. Want to ride a bike with your friends and wear a jacket to commemorate your togetherness. Go for it.

Wanna dress like trash and hang around trash; don't be surprised if people treat you like trash.

Voodoochild
05-19-15, 08:39
Everyone remain on topic and if you have an issue with someone take it to PM.

Bolt_Overide
05-19-15, 08:55
Actually it is just that simple. Want to ride a bike with your friends and wear a jacket to commemorate your togetherness. Go for it.

Wanna dress like trash and hang around trash; don't be surprised if people treat you like trash.

Sort of like the liberals who think of gun owners as dressing up like psychotic rambos? Really thought that we didn't have any of that absolutist thinking here.

Bolt_Overide
05-19-15, 09:00
Ahhhh, the ole " you'll never understand" response.

Will you ever be able to wrap your head around the fact that other than the cossaks, scimitars and banditos, most of those other clubs were there because of what the banditos would do to them if they didn't show up?

The fact is, most of you are completely ignorant of the goings on in the MC world, and have no desire to know what you don't know. Pretty sad how many people here are willing to paint all bikers with such a broad brush, kinda like the libtards do with gun owners. So yah, it's become pretty clear to me, that the majority of people on this forum are not worth conversing with. It isn't like a few years ago, where there was at least the possibility of open minded discussion.

Sensei
05-19-15, 09:30
Most rational people use pattern recognition to stay alive. We associate certain appearances with a higher than normal incidence of violent behavior. This is as true for groups of black kids wearing their pants around their knees as for groups of bikers with leathers and ponytails.

I have know idea what percentage of waistband challenged urban youths, bikers in leathers, or skin heads with combat boots are committing violent crimes. I do know that their non-conformist approach to mimicking aspects of society's armpit makes my trigger finger itch.

Averageman
05-19-15, 09:32
I'm sure that the Fed's are wrapping up a hell of a case using RICO to put these guys in the grey bar hotel for mush of the rests of their lives.
The idea of having this in a public place in a busy part of Waco, was I am sure to prevent something like this happening in the first place, but a bad idea over all. Had this happened in someone's south 40 twenty miles outside of Waco, I doubt if we would have heard a thing and the whole issue would have literally been buried. These things happen, after all it isn't about motorcycles, it's about organized crime.

Whiskey_Bravo
05-19-15, 09:34
Will you ever be able to wrap your head around the fact that other than the cossaks, scimitars and banditos, most of those other clubs were there because of what the banditos would do to them if they didn't show up?

The fact is, most of you are completely ignorant of the goings on in the MC world, and have no desire to know what you don't know. Pretty sad how many people here are willing to paint all bikers with such a broad brush, kinda like the libtards do with gun owners. So yah, it's become pretty clear to me, that the majority of people on this forum are not worth conversing with. It isn't like a few years ago, where there was at least the possibility of open minded discussion.

If I am in any type of club/group/or wtfever that causes me to be forced to attend an event as a show of force by a criminal organization like the Banditos I need to rethink my life. Even if I really really like said group/club/etc.

If I am just a normal dude that wants to ride in a MC but to avoid harm to myself or family I have to do what the Banditos say..... I really need to think about what's important in my life.

If I join the m4c shooting club only to realize that if the guys in the m4c club don't do what the guys at the ar15 club say we risk a beating and having our ARs taken I think I would rethink things. But that's just me.

Averageman
05-19-15, 09:50
If I am in any type of club/group/or wtfever that causes me to be forced to attend an event as a show of force by a criminal organization like the Banditos I need to rethink my life. Even if I really really like said group/club/etc.

If I am just a normal dude that wants to ride in a MC but to avoid harm to myself or family I have to do what the Banditos say..... I really need to think about what's important in my life.

If I join the m4c shooting club only to realize that if the guys in the m4c club don't do what the guys at the ar15 club say we risk a beating and having our ARs taken I think I would rethink things. But that's just me.

I would have to agree with that.
What most folks "don't get" is that you're flirting with a bunch of folks who simply aren't playing life by the same set of rules you are. RICO was set up to deal with this kind of criminal activity. I don't think many of these guys understand that by wearing that patch and rocker you're participating in a criminal conspiracy when something like this goes down.
All the toy runs, poker runs, Patriot Guard and other good stuff isn't going to matter once somebody gets shot. You wear it, you own it.

Turnkey11
05-19-15, 11:06
This guy.....

He's due for a throat punch...

26 Inf
05-19-15, 12:41

Yeah, gee, I've only been riding since, gee, 1972.

What I do know is that I don't have to get dressed up in a costume to ride, or for that matter to shoot.

I've also served my time in the armed forces, as an leo, and currently as a police trainer, you lost the openmindedness bubble with your statements about the police in an earlier post.

FWIW - the club I belong to is an AMA historic charter club, celebrating the club's 75th in August.

SteyrAUG
05-19-15, 13:15

Ahhhh the old "I had to sell drugs and wear colors or the crips would beat me" defense.

I fully get there are NON criminal biker groups. The Patriot Guard comes to mind, probably one of the better "groups of people" on the planet. Somehow I just don't see them being forced to attend an event by any criminal element. I think if they were at some regular 'bike rally" and "those guys" showed up, they'd probably excuse themselves because I don't think they want to be around that any more than most of us would stay at a gun event if the local Christian Identity movement showed up to show a presence at the rally.

More importantly, if all of us were at say a "gun show" and some Aryan Nations group showed up and had a conflict with a skinhead group, the vast majority of "us" would break camp. If either of those groups started shooting at cops, we would be shooting at them...not at the cops and only if we had to because most of us wouldn't start waving guns around.

Moose-Knuckle
05-19-15, 14:13
I have know idea what percentage of waistband challenged urban youths, bikers in leathers, or skin heads with combat boots are committing violent crimes. I do know that their non-conformist approach to mimicking aspects of society's armpit makes my trigger finger itch.

My sentiments exactly.

Averageman
05-19-15, 14:23
You'll be proud to know that Austin Texas has Art Acevedo as their Chief of Police (A California transplant). He has said this is ( the shoot out in Waco) exactly the reason he opposes open carry in Texas.
Yeah, that's a head scratch moment. I'm pretty sure these place's are out of bounds (51%) for concealed carry and I'm also betting that any guns inside were being concealed until they were shot, and this is more about organized crime than an open carry vs concealed carry issue.
But after all, Art is a friggin genius and a real constitutional scholar and he now has transgender Officers, so all is right with the world in Austin Texas.

glocktogo
05-19-15, 14:28

Nope, you're wrong. We're painting a very narrow segment of the motorcycle riding world with a perfectly selected brush. One that accurately describes how the rest of us feel about them. We neither want nor need to "know what we don't know" according to you, because it's completely irrelevant. Thanks for playing though and better luck next time! :)

Bolt_Overide
05-19-15, 23:53
Nope, you're wrong. We're painting a very narrow segment of the motorcycle riding world with a perfectly selected brush. One that accurately describes how the rest of us feel about them. We neither want nor need to "know what we don't know" according to you, because it's completely irrelevant. Thanks for playing though and better luck next time! :)

Yah, thanks for proving my point. Take your self righteous opinions and stuff them up your ignorant little ass.

SteyrAUG
05-20-15, 00:09
Yah, thanks for proving my point. Take your self righteous opinions and stuff them up your ignorant little ass.

Dude...seriously.

http://img1.imagesbn.com/p/9780671027032_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Whiskey_Bravo
05-20-15, 00:09

So like you said, we just "don't understand" right? All these guys are just upstanding people that the cops gunned downed just because they had a jacket on right?

Mauser KAR98K
05-20-15, 00:13
Well, this was a nice thread while it lasted.

SWATcop556
05-20-15, 00:27
This needs to get back on topic. Personal attacks don't fly not matter what you "just don't understand."

Enough.

Bolt_Overide
05-20-15, 01:59
So like you said, we just "don't understand" right? All these guys are just upstanding people that the cops gunned downed just because they had a jacket on right?

Same sort of generalizations, mis-representations and fact twisting we have all come to know and love from the liberal MSM. No further discussion is necessary, it took me a while, but I recognize a wall, or several walls, when I see them.

Obviously I could have argued my point better, and I freely admit that is my failing. I've never dealt well with arrogance or self righteousness. I guess I am just surprised at how many prejudiced , close minded people are members here.

TXBK
05-20-15, 02:34
Police are saying that the fighting started the other day over a parking dispute.

glocktogo
05-20-15, 02:36
Same sort of generalizations, mis-representations and fact twisting we have all come to know and love from the liberal MSM. No further discussion is necessary, it took me a while, but I recognize a wall, or several walls, when I see them.

Obviously I could have argued my point better, and I freely admit that is my failing. I've never dealt well with arrogance or self righteousness. I guess I am just surprised at how many prejudiced , close minded people are members here.

You're still attacking other members over their opinions, just in a more passive-aggressive way.

FWIW, it's less that we're closed minded and more that we've grown weary of the incessant expectations of others, that we subordinate our beliefs in order to accommodate the Holy Divinity that is "Diversity" in America. Everyone's special and demands to be treated with deference. It doesn't matter whether it's black inner city youths, militant Muslims, flamboyant gays or wannabe 1%'ers who don't want to suffer the stigma of looking, dressing and acting like 1%'ers.

News Flash: No one in America is special and deserves to be celebrated or treated with deference for acting out. No one cares about people's desperate craving of acceptance for deviant behaviors. No one has a right to demand it from others who don't want to associate with it. Quite frankly, no one gives a shit.

I happen to love bass fishing and consuming substantial quantities of fuel through my 225 VMAX doing it. If some PETA weenies or ELF types hate me for it, I'm not gonna care one bit. You might consider doing the same. JMO, YMMV

P.S. Last I checked, 9 people haven't died over a parking spot dispute or for sporting a FLW tour patch at a Bassmasters tournament. Things that make you go "Hmmm..." :)

SteyrAUG
05-20-15, 02:55

I think YOU might be taking several people too personally. I'm assuming you have nothing to do with any criminal activity as it relates to your interest in what I'll call for lack of a better term "motorcycle culture."

The problem is, within that culture is a criminal element. I can relate.

A long time ago in a period known as "the 80s" I was a DJ in the early hip hop movement and I was listening long before anybody even heard of Run DMC. It was new and different and a lot of fun because it hadn't been hijacked by west coast gangster rap nonsense yet. Now most of us were just into the music, admired talented graffiti artists or were breakers. We were harmless participants in an enjoyable activity. Problem is a lot of people who also identified with that culture were gang bangers and drug dealers who quickly occupied and in some cases co opted the culture.

As much as I liked the music it wasn't surprising to me when riots broke out at a Run DMC concert in LA back in 1986. And about the time groups like NWA came along it became fashionable to dress, talk and in some cases act like LA gang members. Some people were just fashion victims who harmlessly emulated the trappings of gang bangers, others became wannabees who would be fine so long as they never came into contact with actual gang members and others dove right into the deep end and became genuine POS drug dealing scumbags.

So what if you have a "gathering" of this culture. Well if I showed up at some break dance / rap event in 1985 and I noticed a bunch of people cripped out, I'd bail on it because that just isn't my thing. If those same people decided to get into it with local law enforcement I'd feel bad for anyone attending who wasn't involved in gang activity but might be dressed in a similar fashion if they got hurt. I'd have ZERO sympathy for any actual gang bangers, wannabee bangers or other hanger ons who were participated in shit and got dealt with accordingly.

I also wouldn't be making excuses about how everybody throwing a crip sign isn't really a crip even if that's actually true. I still like the music and some of the artists, but talented as some are I'm not into glorifying criminals and I resent their presence. But it's too far gone now. They have a Hip Hop Festival every year in Miami about 30 minutes from where I live. You can go down and see LOTS of big names just hanging out. But sure as shit every year somebody decides to shoot it up and start shit with the police. And that is why I've never been to a Hip Hop Festival and there are hot naked chicks dancing on the beach at night all over the place.

When "I" don't want to go look at hot naked chicks dancing, something is seriously wrong with the event.

Bolt_Overide
05-20-15, 03:07
I think YOU might be taking several people too personally. I'm assuming you have nothing to do with any criminal activity as it relates to your interest in what I'll call for lack of a better term "motorcycle culture."

The problem is, within that culture is a criminal element. I can relate.

A long time ago in a period known as "the 80s" I was a DJ in the early hip hop movement and I was listening long before anybody even heard of Run DMC. It was new and different and a lot of fun because it hadn't been hijacked by west coast gangster rap nonsense yet. Now most of us were just into the music, admired talented graffiti artists or were breakers. We were harmless participants in an enjoyable activity. Problem is a lot of people who also identified with that culture were gang bangers and drug dealers who quickly occupied and in some cases co opted the culture.

As much as I liked the music it wasn't surprising to me when riots broke out at a Run DMC concert in LA back in 1986. And about the time groups like NWA came along it became fashionable to dress, talk and in some cases act like LA gang members. Some people were just fashion victims who harmlessly emulated the trappings of gang bangers, others became wannabees who would be fine so long as they never came into contact with actual gang members and others dove right into the deep end and became genuine POS drug dealing scumbags.

So what if you have a "gathering" of this culture. Well if I showed up at some break dance / rap event in 1985 and I noticed a bunch of people cripped out, I'd bail on it because that just isn't my thing. If those same people decided to get into it with local law enforcement I'd feel bad for anyone attending who wasn't involved in gang activity but might be dressed in a similar fashion if they got hurt. I'd have ZERO sympathy for any actual gang bangers, wannabee bangers or other hanger ons who were participated in shit and got dealt with accordingly.

I also wouldn't be making excuses about how everybody throwing a crip sign isn't really a crip even if that's actually true. I still like the music and some of the artists, but talented as some are I'm not into glorifying criminals and I resent their presence. But it's too far gone now. They have a Hip Hop Festival every year in Miami about 30 minutes from where I live. You can go down and see LOTS of big names just hanging out. But sure as shit every year somebody decides to shoot it up and start shit with the police. And that is why I've never been to a Hip Hop Festival and there are hot naked chicks dancing on the beach at night all over the place.

When "I" don't want to go look at hot naked chicks dancing, something is seriously wrong with the event.

There are criminals in all walks of life, including the hobby that brings us together here. How many guys on this board do you think have unregistered posties, or cans? Maybe not a lot, but some.

I dont know how many criminal bikers there are in the states, but I bet its less than 10k.

My issue really boils down to this. So many here are rabid supporters of the second amendment, as the founders intended it to be, undiluted by bullshit laws that do nothing to stop crime or criminals. Many here have sworn to protect that amendment, as soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and LEOs. Some seem much less inclined to support that other amendment though, the one that comes before the 2nd.

I don't have to like what you say, what you wear, or what you do. But, as long as it's legal, I support your right to do it. Shame that attitude seems to be fading into history.

Bolt_Overide
05-20-15, 03:12
You're still attacking other members over their opinions, just in a more passive-aggressive way.

FWIW, it's less that we're closed minded and more that we've grown weary of the incessant expectations of others, that we subordinate our beliefs in order to accommodate the Holy Divinity that is "Diversity" in America. Everyone's special and demands to be treated with deference. It doesn't matter whether it's black inner city youths, militant Muslims, flamboyant gays or wannabe 1%'ers who don't want to suffer the stigma of looking, dressing and acting like 1%'ers.

News Flash: No one in America is special and deserves to be celebrated or treated with deference for acting out. No one cares about people's desperate craving of acceptance for deviant behaviors. No one has a right to demand it from others who don't want to associate with it. Quite frankly, no one gives a shit.

I happen to love bass fishing and consuming substantial quantities of fuel through my 225 VMAX doing it. If some PETA weenies or ELF types hate me for it, I'm not gonna care one bit. You might consider doing the same. JMO, YMMV

P.S. Last I checked, 9 people haven't died over a parking spot dispute or for sporting a FLW tour patch at a Bassmasters tournament. Things that make you go "Hmmm..." :)

Guess thats verboten when you hold the minority opinion, it sure would be nice to see that attitude applied to others doing the same thing, albeit in a more civil manner. But as SWATcop said, back on topic, there's nothing positive to be gained from me being any further part of this discussion.

SteyrAUG
05-20-15, 03:41
There are criminals in all walks of life, including the hobby that brings us together here. How many guys on this board do you think have unregistered posties, or cans? Maybe not a lot, but some.

My guess is zero. I don't think anyone here would risk their entire collection over an unregistered can or illegal machine gun. We also don't identify with and make excuses for criminals with illegal firearms. We don't consider the North Hollywood bank robbers "one of us." And while I think the .gov went way overboard during Waco, I don't rally for the Branch Davidians just because they had FFLs and sold guns. I feel bad for the kids, I don't feel bad for anyone who created the conflict.

I dont know how many criminal bikers there are in the states, but I bet its less than 10k.

I wouldn't know. But if I showed up at an event and there were enough of them to be a problem, I'd leave. Problem is some cultures take that "brotherhood" shit way too far and expect you to embrace real pieces of crap simply because he dresses, acts or likes the same things you do.

My issue really boils down to this. So many here are rabid supporters of the second amendment, as the founders intended it to be, undiluted by bullshit laws that do nothing to stop crime or criminals. Many here have sworn to protect that amendment, as soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and LEOs. Some seem much less inclined to support that other amendment though, the one that comes before the 2nd.

I don't think you'll find a single person in this thread who has a single bad thing to say about groups like the Patriot Guard. That is unless they have elements who decide to engage in criminal activity which would be very surprising to me. Again, I think you are too close to the issue and have taken it personally. We are not critical of people with motorcycles, we are critical about criminal biker gangs.

Additionally, we are "cautious" about those who LOOK like they might be part of that criminal element. You are absolutely FREE to dress just like them, you might even be a great guy. But until we know that, your dress is going to cause many of us to exercise caution and possibly even avoid you. This in no way violates your freedoms. Now if we see you the next day giving the Phelps crew a hard time, we'll probably make sure and buy you a beer if we see you later regardless of how you are dressed.

I think you are missing that message.

I don't have to like what you say, what you wear, or what you do. But, as long as it's legal, I support your right to do it. Shame that attitude seems to be fading into history.

Honestly, I think that is pretty much what everyone here has said. Dressing in certain ways has social consequences but you are free to do it. I don't care if you wear a battle jacket or a pink tutu, you haven't broken any laws. But I might give you some distance just the same.

SWATcop556
05-20-15, 07:46
If it's not about the shooting in Waco, don't post. While this has become a more civil discussion it's still off topic. If we want to have a discussion about pseudo biker MCs that's fine but start a new thread or take it to PM as was stated earlier.

thei3ug
05-20-15, 07:52
edit: posted after mod redirect

platoonDaddy
05-20-15, 13:12
The left has no shame!

WashPost Boosts 'Radical White' Attack on Sarah Palin in Waco Coverage

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2015/05/20/washpost-boosts-radical-white-attack-sarah-palin-waco-coverage

Moose-Knuckle
05-20-15, 13:28

I'm not sure if this is a serious post or not?

The Huffington Post had an article similar to your post about White on White violence and why no is talking about it. Funny, this shooting between LE/MCs has been THE #1 story all week on every news outlet I've seen. But tell you what, considering that young black males between the ages of 13-30 are the single largest number of gunshot victims in this country by the hands of other black males in their same age group you let me know when the number of beer gutted white males between the ages of 20-50 exceed that.

Amazing, white bikers were shot by LEOs and NO ONE has cried R A C I S M yet.

CodeRed30
05-20-15, 20:15
I find it quite interesting that some in this thread would generalize anyone wearing colors and riding a Harley in a group as a criminal or gang. Many of you are stereotyping pretty bad. Ever heard of Blue Thunder MC, The Usual Suspects MC, Blue Knights MC, Roughnecks MC, Enforcers MC, Hired Guns MC, Blue Iron MC, Loyal Few MC, etc? They're all LE motorcycle clubs.

As for the original topic, I've seen lots of people using this as an anti-2nd amendment springboard. Perhaps we should focus on combating that ideology ahead of stereotyping people who ride.

C-grunt
05-20-15, 23:39
Edit... Cant find the info so Im deleting the post.

williejc
05-20-15, 23:50
I get a lot of local news about the biker shootout. Today, one made the $1000,000 bail. Also it's been reported that 1000 weapons have been collected. Many of these are brass knuckles, knives, and chains in addition to guns. The Banditos and Cossacks are the 1 per cent crowd indulging in a criminal life style and are not to be confused with the wannabees and hobby riders.

If a forum member is dumb enough to risk owning illegal cans or illegal class 3 weapons, I hope that he doesn't whine when becoming a felon. I can't see our folks falling into that trap.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-21-15, 01:52
Good lord, posting a 1mil bond, even with a bondsman, requires AT LEAST $100k of cash or surety.

TXBK
05-21-15, 02:25
The other day, I noticed a strange and increased presence of DPS and Sheriff Dept. vehicles in a part of West Texas that I have never seen such a presence. I encountered an officer either sitting on the side of the road or driving every few miles for about 15 miles. Then, I passed a couple bikers wearing colors headed in the same direction. Sure made me wonder what was going on out there the other day.

SilverBullet432
05-21-15, 02:35
The other day, I noticed a strange and increased presence of DPS and Sheriff Dept. vehicles in a part of West Texas that I have never seen such a presence. I encountered an officer either sitting on the side of the road or driving every few miles for about 15 miles. Then, I passed a couple bikers wearing colors headed in the same direction. Sure made me wonder what was going on out there the other day.

Exactly where? The day before the shooting there was an assault by the cossacks in a nearby town.

TXBK
05-21-15, 03:02
This was two days ago on 176 between Tarzan and Andrews.

platoonDaddy
05-21-15, 05:29
Getting a bad feeling about Waco: some of the weapons were pocket knives, weapons report 500-1000, three handguns and one AK style in vehicle.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-21-15, 06:41
Getting a bad feeling about Waco: some of the weapons were pocket knives, weapons report 500-1000, three handguns and one AK style in vehicle.

Where are you seeing it was only 3 handguns? I saw that it was 118 handguns and one AK....

Of those weapons counted so far, 118 are handguns, one is an AK-47 assault-style rifle and 157 are knives. Swanton says weapons still uncounted are clubs, knives, brass knuckles, firearms and chains with padlocks attached.

Link: http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WACO_SHOOTING_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-05-20-17-30-55

platoonDaddy
05-21-15, 06:50
Where are you seeing it was only 3 handguns? I saw that it was 118 handguns and one AK....

Link: http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WACO_SHOOTING_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-05-20-17-30-55

Should have taken the link, when I read the story. It was on yahoo around 0200 EST and haven't been able to relocate the story. Will keep on searching and if I locate, will post link.

Even in your link, I am scratching my head:3:15 p.m. (CDT)

Police contend about 1,000 weapons were recovered from the scene of a Texas shootout in which nine members of motorcycle groups were killed and 18 others injured.

Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said Wednesday the weapons included an AK-47 assault rifle taken from a vehicle, handguns, knives, brass knuckles, clubs and chains. A day earlier Swanton had said 100 weapons were expected to be recovered.

He acknowledged the weapons included pocket knives and Swiss army knives confiscated by authorities.

Johnny Snyder, vice president of the Boozefighters Motorcycle Club in Waco, said some people licensed to carry had firearms in their vehicles when they arrived but didn't bring them into the restaurant Sunday where the shootout occurred.

Swanton says weapons were found in toilets, bags of chips and elsewhere.

SkiDevil
05-21-15, 07:22
Whenever I see bikers, especially most of the Harley riders, I always think of the Southpark episode.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4

sjc3081
05-21-15, 16:49
Whenever I see bikers, especially most of the Harley riders, I always think of the Southpark episode.

PERFECT thank you.

SteyrAUG
05-21-15, 17:51

One of the greatest episodes ever.

Hmac
05-21-15, 18:23

SilverBullet432
05-21-15, 18:48
This was two days ago on 176 between Tarzan and Andrews.

Yeah, the day before the massacre, the cossacks attacked a guy in andrews.

Four Members of the Cossacks Biker Gang Arrested in Andrews
http://www.newswest9.com/story/29118812/four-members-of-the-cossacks-biker-gang-arrested-in-andrews

TXBK
05-21-15, 19:24
I was traveling well over the posted limit. The last officer I passed before I got to Andrews lit me up, but didn't come get me. I could tell something was going on out there, and I wasted no time getting away from that area. I'm glad to have not gotten a ticket, but I could tell they had something more important going on than pulling me over.

When I think of motorcycle gangs, I think about the movie Wild Hogs. When I see Cossacks, I read Ballsacks. YMMV

Averageman
05-21-15, 19:30
Yeah, the day before the massacre, the cossacks attacked a guy in andrews.

Four Members of the Cossacks Biker Gang Arrested in Andrews
http://www.newswest9.com/story/29118812/four-members-of-the-cossacks-biker-gang-arrested-in-andrews

They beat up a failed prospect.
Pretty mush not unheard of and perhaps even deserved.

Mauser KAR98K
05-21-15, 23:54
I'm scratching my head the weapons, too. I can see many of those being illegally possessed by felons, but what about those who were not and not part of the 1% dirtbags?

SilverBullet432
05-22-15, 00:00
I was traveling well over the posted limit. The last officer I passed before I got to Andrews lit me up, but didn't come get me. I could tell something was going on out there, and I wasted no time getting away from that area. I'm glad to have not gotten a ticket, but I could tell they had something more important going on than pulling me over.

When I think of motorcycle gangs, I think about the movie Wild Hogs. When I see Cossacks, I read Ballsacks. YMMV

You local too? (We can go to PM)

They beat up a failed prospect.
Pretty mush not unheard of and perhaps even deserved.

Whole situation is just weird...

Moose-Knuckle
05-22-15, 01:03
So I've heard via back channels the reason for the Cossacks and the Bandidos latest clash is that the Hell's Angels is vying to take in and patch the Cossacks so their numbers swell and they can get foot holds in traditional Bandido turf. Similar to what happened in NV a few years back. Also, Bandidos are reported to have a "shoot and ride" order for patched members and affiliated clubs from AL, GA, SC, TN, MS, and FL to head to TX in "wolfpacks" with support vehicles. Lots of chatter with long holiday weekend a head.

For LEOs/members in the AO watch your six.

T2C
05-22-15, 09:27
So I've heard via back channels the reason for the Cossacks and the Bandidos latest clash is that the Hell's Angels is vying to take in and patch the Cossacks so their numbers swell and they can get foot holds in traditional Bandido turf. Similar to what happened in NV a few years back. Also, Bandidos are reported to have a "shoot and ride" order for patched members and affiliated clubs from AL, GA, SC, TN, MS, and FL to head to TX in "wolfpacks" with support vehicles. Lots of chatter with long holiday weekend a head.

For LEOs/members in the AO watch your six.

If the Hell's Angels were considering patching over the Cossacks, that would explain the animosity with the Bandidos.

ForTehNguyen
05-22-15, 22:06
something to consider perhaps. Things arent always what they seem. What I want to know is how many of the 9 dead (8 Cossacks, 1 unaffilated) were killed by each other or the police.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/05/21/waco-twin-peaks-shooting-updates-14-police-officers-fired-thousands-of-rounds-on-200-bikers-killing-9-wounding-18-two-thirds-of-those-arrested-had-no-prior-criminal-history/

C-grunt
05-22-15, 22:11
So 14 cops shot "thousands of rounds" and a guy who originally said he didn't watch the surveillance footage now says he has. I smell bullshit.

26 Inf
05-22-15, 23:45
So 14 cops shot "thousands of rounds" and a guy who originally said he didn't watch the surveillance footage now says he has. I smell bullshit.

The 'thousands of rounds' is from a lawsuit, as of yet they wouldn't have had time to get the info through discovery - so it is just a number that is being thrown out there.

It has now been several days since the shooting, why wouldn't it be logical for the agency PIO to watch the surveillance tapes. I don't get it - if when he said he hadn't seen them, he hadn't, then he saw them, the next time he was asked, wouldn't he say he'd seen them?

I think we should give them a chance to get things sorted out before we start conspiracy theories. The videos are evidence and the police will want to finish examining them before they are released - if for no other reason than to prepare for the riots if the videos show each officer on scene dumping a basic load into the VFW and Midian Temple motorcycle clubs.

26 Inf
05-24-15, 22:41
I just saw this on my yahoo home page - a member of the Cossacks is interviewed and claims they were lured to the meeting under the guise of settling the dispute over the Texas rocker -

Please don't post the entire article. A brief synopsis with a link to the actual article will suffice for copyright issues.

Voodoochild.

titsonritz
10-31-15, 15:37
Waco Biker shootout video footage leaked out (http://uverse.com/watch/c___N6KCKa9ksHiE?ref=yfp)

Moose-Knuckle
11-01-15, 01:43
Waco Biker shootout video footage leaked out (http://uverse.com/watch/c___N6KCKa9ksHiE?ref=yfp)

I think it's pretty obvious that it was biker on biker and not an execution by LEOs has some have suggested.

ForTehNguyen
11-01-15, 07:27
that vid hardly proves anything, need to see what happened in the parking lot. From that video only one shot was fired.

Averageman
11-01-15, 07:49
I live nearby and what I find a bit disconcerting is that I could have been in the back of that place with my kid eating a burger and been unaware what was going on until TSHTF.

WillBrink
11-01-15, 08:06
What is it about that town?! It seems a magnet for crazy and or crazy events.

Averageman
11-01-15, 08:29
What is it about that town?! It seems a magnet for crazy and or crazy events.

I enjoy Waco in small doses and happily live a half hour away.
I have no idea why it is the epicenter for wacky S4it though...

cbx
11-01-15, 09:53
SOA chapter in Waco?........

WillBrink
11-01-15, 10:06
I enjoy Waco in small doses and happily live a half hour away.
I have no idea why it is the epicenter for wacky S4it though...

Never been there. What's there to enjoy in small doses or otherwise? As you may expect, my association to that town is not a positive one at this point.

Averageman
11-01-15, 11:50
Never been there. What's there to enjoy in small doses or otherwise? As you may expect, my association to that town is not a positive one at this point.

I like to go down to the Texas Ranger Museum, sometimes over to Kayak the river and then hit the Thai place near the Kayak dock. They are trying to shed the "Whack a Mole" image they have had since the "Branch Davidian" BBQ, but this kind of quirky stuff has been happening in Waco since its founding. Quiet a few shoot outs and outlaws since it was a trail town.
Lots of cool little gun stores and the couple of big box Sports Stores that carry things we don't see out here in the sticks. Of course there is Baylor and they've had a couple of good seasons in the last five years.

TAZ
11-01-15, 12:15
I live nearby and what I find a bit disconcerting is that I could have been in the back of that place with my kid eating a burger and been unaware what was going on until TSHTF.

I'd venture that when 100+ wannabe bad ass outlaws show up its time to bail. Doesn't necessary relate to bikers, but any and all crowds, especially those with opposing view points. The potential for stupid to happen is exponentially related to the number of people involved. Best to not be there when the stupid takes over.

Averageman
11-01-15, 12:26
I'd venture that when 100+ wannabe bad ass outlaws show up its time to bail. Doesn't necessary relate to bikers, but any and all crowds, especially those with opposing view points. The potential for stupid to happen is exponentially related to the number of people involved. Best to not be there when the stupid takes over.

Oh I would agree, but you may not get notice until there are 50 of these guys slicing and shooting the parking lot up.
I've had a lot of motorcycles over the years, I've never felt the need to ride with a group of folks.

TXBK
11-01-15, 12:38
George's Bar is a way better place to grab a cold one, than Twin Peaks. Go to George's and drink Big O's till they close down the place.

http://i.imgur.com/wF8kHEZl.jpg

Other than that, and what Averageman shared, there is also the Dr. Pepper Museum.

Firefly
11-01-15, 13:24
I don't know what is sadder to watch, teenyboppers shooting and killing each other over dope, clothes, and 'turf' or fat middle aged men killing each other over dope, clothes, and 'turf'.

Everytime I think about revisiting a Japanese motorcycle and reliving some of my teenybopper youth of just enjoying a day out.

The HD bunch just makes the prospect all fugly all of a sudden.

titsonritz
11-01-15, 15:05

No doubt. Note the dude @ about 1:18 just sitting there like nothing is going down.

26 Inf
11-02-15, 00:10
No doubt. Note the dude @ about 1:18 just sitting there like nothing is going down.

The news station apparently used a couple clips several times - @ 0:12 he looks a little more concerned.

Moose-Knuckle
11-02-15, 02:25
Never been there. What's there to enjoy in small doses or otherwise?

As Averageman said, The Texas Ranger Museum and Hall of Fame is something to behold. One of the most historic arms collections in the country. Many former Rangers will their personal firearms, or at least ones used in famous shootouts to the museum. They have a Colt Walker, only a few of those known to exist, the last one that came up at auction sold for $920,000,000. The Colt Walker was the first revolver to be used in a combat action, by the Texas Rangers no less.

My favorite gun on display is Ranger Frank Hamer's personal Colt Monitor (Colt licensed BAR with pistol grip) that he used to secure Bonnie and Clyde's heartbeats.

WillBrink
11-02-15, 06:56
As Averageman said, The Texas Ranger Museum and Hall of Fame is something to behold. One of the most historic arms collections in the country. Many former Rangers will their personal firearms, or at least ones used in famous shootouts to the museum. They have a Colt Walker, only a few of those known to exist, the last one that came up at auction sold for $920,000,000. The Colt Walker was the first revolver to be used in a combat action, by the Texas Rangers no less.

My favorite gun on display is Ranger Frank Hamer's personal Colt Monitor (Colt licensed BAR with pistol grip) that he used to secure Bonnie and Clyde's heartbeats.

One has to wonder if that's where Walker Texas Ranger came from.

Whiskey_Bravo
11-02-15, 08:40
George's Bar is a way better place to grab a cold one, than Twin Peaks. Go to George's and drink Big O's till they close down the place.

Nice old school Pat Green reference there.

Moose-Knuckle
11-02-15, 14:40
One has to wonder if that's where Walker Texas Ranger came from.

Hah, I never thought of that. Could be, here is the real Samuel Hamilton Walker.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Hamilton_Walker