PDA

View Full Version : M4C Official Thread: Fear The Walking Dead

Pages : [1] 2

BGREID
05-18-15, 15:18
Looking forward to this new show, Hope it is as good as "The Walking Dead". Anyone know when it will air?

RMiller
05-18-15, 16:40
All I've heard is this summer.

I hope so as well.

ColtSeavers
05-18-15, 16:52
BBossman's already posted a link to info for it in the official walking dead thread:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-fear-the-walking-dead-dave-erickson-details-20150515-story.html

Honestly don't have high hopes for it based on the info from the link above. I see it lasting a season or two, where they (the writers) will deperately try to inject some actual action into yet another family (melo)drama tv series to avoid cancellation like many other series' before it.

I think my main problem with it, as it has been with many series' before it, is that they seem to purposely ignore the fantastic background available to them, actually creating something else entirely almost to spite it.

Time will tell and hopefully I'm wrong, but then again, I am still waiting for Stargate Universe to make a comeback.

NoveskeFan
07-10-15, 17:18
I thought there was a more current thread, but for those interested, here is the extended Comic Con trailer:

http://youtu.be/WDxew5SguVw

Moose-Knuckle
07-11-15, 01:49
Looks damn good . . .

Hope all those CA survivors are quick on the bullet button released mags that are below standard capacity.

Straight Shooter
07-11-15, 06:58
Hey, it may/may not have ALL OF the like-ability of Walking dead...but the trailer does look promising...and I can already about garan-damn-tee its gonna be better than ANY of the God awful reality shows or so called "shit-coms" that are on now. My tv stays off for weeks, as of last week its been two months since it was on, NOT counting the one DVD I watched.
Lets give it a chance.

BBossman
07-11-15, 07:04
BGREID why don't you change the title of this thread to "M4C Official Thread: Fear The Walking Dead" so we can keep the conversations less confusing as a result of mixing the two shows in one thread.

Averageman
07-11-15, 07:49
This has all of the ability to be better than the original.

BGREID
07-11-15, 19:32
BGREID why don't you change the title of this thread to "M4C Official Thread: Fear The Walking Dead" so we can keep the conversations less confusing as a result of mixing the two shows in one thread.

I don't know how. Maybe the moderators could do it.

Moose-Knuckle
07-11-15, 22:49
This has all of the ability to be better than the original.

I agree. Kind of cool to watch the zombie outbreak from the onset rather than weeks after being in a coma.

jpmuscle
07-12-15, 00:38
BBossman's already posted a link to info for it in the official walking dead thread:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-fear-the-walking-dead-dave-erickson-details-20150515-story.html

Honestly don't have high hopes for it based on the info from the link above. I see it lasting a season or two, where they (the writers) will deperately try to inject some actual action into yet another family (melo)drama tv series to avoid cancellation like many other series' before it.

I think my main problem with it, as it has been with many series' before it, is that they seem to purposely ignore the fantastic background available to them, actually creating something else entirely almost to spite it.

Time will tell and hopefully I'm wrong, but then again, I am still waiting for Stargate Universe to make a comeback.
Did you watch any of Ascension on SyFy before it was canceled? Could have been the next stargateish mini-series with the direction the seemed to be taking it. I loved it. But of course they fvcked it up and canceled it. It's on Netflix now.

Caeser25
07-13-15, 18:15
Hey, it may/may not have ALL OF the like-ability of Walking dead...but the trailer does look promising...and I can already about garan-damn-tee its gonna be better than ANY of the God awful reality shows or so called "shit-coms" that are on now. My tv stays off for weeks, as of last week its been two months since it was on, NOT counting the one DVD I watched.
Lets give it a chance.

Agreed. TV sucks.

sevenhelmet
07-13-15, 21:22
Agreed. TV sucks.

Yup, that's why I ditched cable. Hopefully FTWD will be available on iTunes, Hulu, or Netflix.

BBossman
07-30-15, 11:51
Yup, that's why I ditched cable. Hopefully FTWD will be available on iTunes, Hulu, or Netflix.

From the AMC FTWD website...

"Fear the Walking Dead premieres on AMC August 2015 and will be available the next day on VOD, amc.com, iTunes, Amazon, Google Play and Xbox".

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

THCDDM4
07-30-15, 14:26
I'm looking forward to this show; hope it's not a dud.

BBossman
08-20-15, 19:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG-RCYWhl_w

wildcard600
08-20-15, 22:31
Lets just hope they dont have the people from S2-3 of the walking dead writing the episodes.

Firefly
08-21-15, 06:10
I have no faith in it. They could very easily rebolster the budget for the regular Walking Dead. I sort of wish they had a Georgia consultant. Guys were walking around way underequipped for what GA has to offer.

I'll still watch the new ep just cause and to confirm for myself of what it is: Part remake/part 'civilized' re-telling.

More minorities, more LGBT, more uptown types. People who try to "think" their way way out. "Normal" people. That one lady had an O/U that hadn't been dragged out in ages. I'm sure they won't be stuck with bullet buttons or whatnot. It'll be easier to retain shock value if more people die relying on Federal Aid.
Plus without an all redneck cast it'll be 'easier' to explore crap nobody cares about with a zombie popped in there on occasion.

Remember, these types of people thought it was unfair for greedo not to get a chance to shoot, were going to be damned if they'd allow a show about a space Confederate trying to live outside an oppressive, overbearing system to continue to air, but enjoy your endless seasons of Teen Mom

Shao
08-21-15, 06:26
A part of me is skeptical, thinking that AMC is just trying to milk the franchise for all it's worth (CSI: Miami, CSI: New York, CSI: WallaWalla). The other part is hopeful. As others have pointed out, it will be interesting to see the zombie outbreak as it occurred instead of starting from Rick's coma. I just hope that the effort put into the show doesn't detract from the quality of the main series. I'm giddy like a school girl for the first episode though...

Averageman
08-21-15, 08:11
A part of me is skeptical, thinking that AMC is just trying to milk the franchise for all it's worth (CSI: Miami, CSI: New York, CSI: WallaWalla). The other part is hopeful. As others have pointed out, it will be interesting to see the zombie outbreak as it occurred instead of starting from Rick's coma. I just hope that the effort put into the show doesn't detract from the quality of the main series. I'm giddy like a school girl for the first episode though...

We're counting down the days.
As far as milking the franchise, I think if they took the two series and ran them to a logical near conclusion and then merged them for a final two seasons, that might be as good as the story could get.

sevenhelmet
08-21-15, 08:47
I have no faith in it. They could very easily rebolster the budget for the regular Walking Dead. I sort of wish they had a Georgia consultant. Guys were walking around way underequipped for what GA has to offer.

I'll still watch the new ep just cause and to confirm for myself of what it is: Part remake/part 'civilized' re-telling.

More minorities, more LGBT, more uptown types. People who try to "think" their way way out. "Normal" people. That one lady had an O/U that hadn't been dragged out in ages. I'm sure they won't be stuck with bullet buttons or whatnot. It'll be easier to retain shock value if more people die relying on Federal Aid.
Plus without an all redneck cast it'll be 'easier' to explore crap nobody cares about with a zombie popped in there on occasion.

Remember, these types of people thought it was unfair for greedo not to get a chance to shoot, were going to be damned if they'd allow a show about a space Confederate trying to live outside an oppressive, overbearing system to continue to air, but enjoy your endless seasons of Teen Mom

Dude, this is AMC, not Fox or George freaking Lucas. The network that brought us Breaking Bad, Mad Men and the original Walking Dead. All shows that follow the leftist progressive agenda? I think not...

At least give this new show a chance before you start the doom and gloom. If it turns out to actually suck, I will join you in blasting it online.

Firefly
08-21-15, 09:13
I'm going to watch the ep. But let's look at it realistically, the epic urban mayhem won't last or be there.

See I would love to see gritty survivalism, dudes abseiling from helos gunning down zombies, gang members getting eaten alive, bullet buttons and mag limiters shown being removed. Umbrella mercenaries. Epic plans to head to the desert to wait out the apocalypse and nuclear contingencies.

But....it'll be a few wow scenes and guys hanging out in apartments saying "what do we do? What do we DO?!"

sevenhelmet
08-21-15, 09:19
I'm going to watch the ep. But let's look at it realistically, the epic urban mayhem won't last or be there.

See I would love to see gritty survivalism, dudes abseiling from helos gunning down zombies, gang members getting eaten alive, bullet buttons and mag limiters shown being removed. Umbrella mercenaries. Epic plans to head to the desert to wait out the apocalypse and nuclear contingencies.

But....it'll be a few wow scenes and guys hanging out in apartments saying "what do we do? What do we DO?!"

Cool, let's give it a shot. Discussion after.

Also, did I miss the premiere? I've been busy with work and haven't really paid attention (plus I cancelled cable because... again, TV sucks.)

Lnxgeek
08-21-15, 11:38
Also, did I miss the premiere? I've been busy with work and haven't really paid attention (plus I cancelled cable because... again, TV sucks.)

This Sunday (Aug 23).

Jer
08-21-15, 15:14
My guess is that it's going to start out MUCH slower than the previews make it seem. They need to slowly build the story-line or risk running parallel to The Walking Dead very quickly and then it's just two versions of the same show. The previews seem intense and that's how they land their audience but don't be surprised if what you've seen actually takes the whole season of episodes to reach. For those that don't recall, the first season of The Walking Dead was painfully slow but built up nicely and there were already zombies. This is the story BEFORE there were zombies so I'm going into it expecting a lot more slow build over several episodes but I think that, if done properly, this actually has the potential to be more interesting than The Walking Dead was in the first season or two. The sheer unknown being played out in characters they build could lead to some intense scenes of ignorance and stumbling into dire situations that you and I may already know about but think of how people would actually react to a zombie outbreak before it was a full on epidemic. There would be a LOT of denial and skepticism and that's after the initial wave of unknown. I'm excited for this and I like how things look just based on the brief previews I've seen. Buckle up, this ride could get interesting. Just don't expect an explosion of excitement the first episode or two.

Moose-Knuckle
08-21-15, 16:05
My guess is that it's going to start out MUCH slower than the previews make it seem. They need to slowly build the story-line or risk running parallel to The Walking Dead very quickly and then it's just two versions of the same show. The previews seem intense and that's how they land their audience but don't be surprised if what you've seen actually takes the whole season of episodes to reach. For those that don't recall, the first season of The Walking Dead was painfully slow but built up nicely and there were already zombies. This is the story BEFORE there were zombies so I'm going into it expecting a lot more slow build over several episodes but I think that, if done properly, this actually has the potential to be more interesting than The Walking Dead was in the first season or two. The sheer unknown being played out in characters they build could lead to some intense scenes of ignorance and stumbling into dire situations that you and I may already know about but think of how people would actually react to a zombie outbreak before it was a full on epidemic. There would be a LOT of denial and skepticism and that's after the initial wave of unknown. I'm excited for this and I like how things look just based on the brief previews I've seen. Buckle up, this ride could get interesting. Just don't expect an explosion of excitement the first episode or two.

Agreed. We're looking forward to it . . .

cwgibson
08-21-15, 16:34
Saw them filming the other day and I figured they would have wrapped up with that by now. Really looking forward to the new season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Firefly
08-21-15, 17:10
At this point all I want is a blonde headed valley girl cheerleader lamenting that "Daddy would've gotten us UZIs" or M4s to be more relevant

BBossman
08-23-15, 10:21
A bump to remind everyone interested that 'Fear The Walking Dead' premieres tonight on AMC. Hopefully we can all sit back, relax and let it develop its own story without too many harsh comparisons to 'The Walking Dead".

And... hopefully I can stay awake to watch it, 9PM is past my bedtime...

sevenhelmet
08-23-15, 18:23
Copy. I will be waiting for the iTunes release.

Firefly
08-23-15, 21:46
Non-spoiler review:

An hour and a half of Left Coast Hipster problems with dashes that an overreaching zombie apocalypse is drawing nigh occuring in the background. Sorta like the beginning of Shaun of the Dead but not as clever or dread inspiring.

It was actually boring. Not cerebral. Not "make ya think". Not even impending dread like a child gets when he reads Revelations for the first time. It was boring. Like really, really boring.

There were no relatable characters, in fact they all were off putting. They even worked in a 4 dollar latte which upset me further.

The previews of future episodes seemed really really interesting and I was left thinking "Why couldn't we get the left coast crap outta the way the first twenty minutes and see all that?".

This is Walking Dead for the yuppie set. The first walking dead at least had a capable Southern police as a protagonist....with a Colt Python. There was this grim overtone after an action packed intro.

This show....well....I might as well have been watching A Very Special Episode of 90210 but without anyone likeable.

2/10. And one point just because I liked the Walt Kowalski truck the parents had.

BGREID
08-24-15, 07:59
I liked it, if it was just a copy of TWD the it would have been weak.

Averageman
08-24-15, 08:59
I enjoyed it.
I think the story gradually building is much more in tune with a virus slowly spreading. I'm anxious to see what happens next week.

docsherm
08-24-15, 10:26
I like how they are focusing on how they are normal people with normal everyday problems, as general as they can. It was very slow to start but I see what they are doing, the show will speed up like the infection does. It does have potential, so far.

It was a great idea to have the drugged out kid as the one who saw it first. He does not know if it is real or not and no one believes him. If it did happen the people that first see it will be looked at as crazy.

Now for the M4C style beat down:

The main characters are inner city LA teachers? They they better pull their political left wing heads out of their ass real quick if they want to live and not see their children EATEN. After you shoot someone and run them over 3 time with a truck you don't just stand there and look stupid. You run your ass to that car and get the gun, that was still laying on the ground by the passenger door that was open, and shot that guy several more time until he stops moving.

I see these people will have a HUGE learner curve. Much more so than Rick's Group. They clowns make Tyreese look like a rampaging killer. :suicide:

I am very interested in seeing how it does develop.

Voodoochild
08-24-15, 10:31
I watched half the show then turned it off. I hate that they haven't told about how the epidemic started or where. Would help with the story.

docsherm
08-24-15, 10:35
I watched half the show then turned it off. I hate that they haven't told about how the epidemic started or where. Would help with the story.

I get why they are doing it. It is from the characters point of view. They think it is a bad case of the Flu that is going around. The kid at school said that he saw that it was going on in 5 states. They don't know what it is or anything about it. As the lady said, if it were important the news and the government would say something to the people........right.

BBossman
08-24-15, 12:37
Now for the M4C style beat down:

The main characters are inner city LA teachers? They they better pull their political left wing heads out of their ass real quick if they want to live and not see their children EATEN. After you shoot someone and run them over 3 time with a truck you don't just stand there and look stupid. You run your ass to that car and get the gun, that was still laying on the ground by the passenger door that was open, and shot that guy several more time until he stops moving.

I see these people will have a HUGE learner curve. Much more so than Rick's Group. They clowns make Tyreese look like a rampaging killer.

LOL... PERFECT!

I'm good with it so far. Its going to be a slow burn for the first season's, what, six episodes?. They won't find their custom suppressed AR's, S&W Performance Center revolvers and M110 SASS, etc. until next season...

ETA: Plus, we can't ignore the teen panty flash at the 26:30 mark...

HKGuns
08-24-15, 13:17
It was slow by design and necessity. So far so good, will be interesting to see how long before the heroin addict gets it. Although I can see him being one of the core characters for a while, given how quick he was to run that dealer over twice.

Alex V
08-24-15, 13:21
If the show lasted only the first 60min I would have turned it off and never looked back. The last half hour did give me enough intrigue to see the next episode. The wife and I are huge TWD fans so we decided to give it a try. We almost gave up half way through.

I can't say these charichters are as interesting and relatable as the original series but I will give it a chance. I like where I think they are going. Time will tell.

Hell, there is nothing else to watch on Sunday night. The Walkong Dead won't be back until Oct 11, no idea when Game of Theones comes back. Might as well watch this.

SHIVAN
08-24-15, 13:27
Was entertained.

fallenromeo
08-24-15, 15:43
The characters are not likable like they were in TWD. She must be the worst guidance counselor in the world too. Two trips to a drug den/murder scene and not one call to the police. They have no clue what they are doing. I think it was more about the failure of our public school system than it was about zombies. I feel for those kids when she is guiding their future.

ColtSeavers
08-24-15, 16:16
Utterly unimpressed, and sticking with my original assessment. Will give it one more episode to get their sh!t together and give me something I want to watch instead of another family drama with a coincidental zombie background that someday may show up. No, I do not mean mass CG gunfire with not one revolver cylinder turning or slide actuating either. So far it is Peggy Bundy crap.

BBossman
08-24-15, 16:27
The characters are not likable like they were in TWD. She must be the worst guidance counselor in the world too. Two trips to a drug den/murder scene and not one call to the police. They have no clue what they are doing. I think it was more about the failure of our public school system than it was about zombies. I feel for those kids when she is guiding their future.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure their failures in college and beyond are saved for season two.

Firefly
08-24-15, 17:11
In retrospect, it was just the first ep.

No, I didn't like it. Or the characters. I know that a lot of yuppie mixed families are out there with doper kids. Probably more than most realize. I don't besmirch them for not calling the cops because when it's your kid, it's your kid.

That said, if they all get born again hard at some point, then it could go places. It could inspire people that, no, nobody involved with the powers that be really care about you.

All the king's men and their families will be in helicopters or armed convoys to secure bunkers with food and water. They will have soldiers and guards.

So mom and pop high school high can cowboy up and start making it. Get ruthless. Get mean.

Newt survived a long time with no weapons and no training. Hopefully they are trying to appeal to the Liberal Democrat set and lull them in with all of the awareness of society.

Plowshares into swords. Feral mistrust. Enemy or ally. Wheat from chaff.
I furthermore hope they never explain the cause of the outbreak. Be it bad dope, T-Virus, Wrath of God, or what...I prefer it left unknown.

ColtSeavers
08-24-15, 17:22
In retrospect, it was just the first ep.
I furthermore hope they never explain the cause of the outbreak. Be it bad dope, T-Virus, Wrath of God, or what...I prefer it left unknown.

Already pretty much explained at the end of season one of TWD.

But here's hoping for no "Midichlorians" retcon. :suicide:

BBossman
08-24-15, 17:48
Before y'all condemn some of these characters to "death", remember folks from TWD in the beginning. Carol was a mouse, beaten by her husband, who turned into a full blown psychopath, preemptively wacking a little girl, laying down sniper fire at Terminus and threatening a man twice her size at knife point. Rick, in episode one, apologized to a zombie for being a zombie.

I'm interested to see how they develop the collapse of everything around not only these characters, but society as a whole

SHIVAN
08-24-15, 18:28
Carol was a mouse, beaten by her husband, who turned into a full blown psychopath, preemptively wacking a little girl...

Not psychopathic, and her little girl "look at the flowers" killing was reactionary, and too late. FWIW...

SteyrAUG
08-24-15, 18:59

Yep, not many characters I care about, might as well cheer for the zombies.

The whole "my kid is a heroin addict" could be a very accurate representation of the population, but it makes it hard to like anyone. Loved that the good guy / best friend was actually a dealer who was going to whack their kid.

Will be interesting to see if one of the show's main premises turns out to be the typical CA person needs to get their head screwed on right and figure out they are wrong about almost everything.

And while I always wanted more back story with TWD and "the fall" of civilization, I think it is taking too long in FTWD. By the time kids in school knew to bring knives and go to the safety of a group, things would already be in high gear and no longer "isolated" incidents on youtube.

I think Dawn of the Dead (2004) had a more accurate pace of development.

Singlestack Wonder
08-24-15, 19:24
Disappointed......hoping the story line will pick up in the next few episodes...

Jer
08-24-15, 22:32
Before y'all condemn some of these characters to "death", remember folks from TWD in the beginning. Carol was a mouse, beaten by her husband, who turned into a full blown psychopath, preemptively wacking a little girl, laying down sniper fire at Terminus and threatening a man twice her size at knife point. Rick, in episode one, apologized to a zombie for being a zombie.

I'm interested to see how they develop the collapse of everything around not only these characters, but society as a whole

Speaking of character development, let us all not forget that Darrell was originally slated to be offed season 1. He quickly earned a cult following and to this day is probably the most popular character on the show.

Episode 1 was about what I expected/predicted. If anything, it was more exciting than I thought it would be. I think the producers learned from TWD and it's already showing in the plot line of this series and the character development will come but more than likely it will be more organic. Personally, I hate shows/movies that are in your face with trying to establish who characters are. In fact, that's something that TWD has gotten better at as the series has progressed and characters are moved into and out of the spotlight. I think that this series will benefit from what they learned on TWD and curious to see where this season takes the story. Unlike some here I'm willing to overlook some of the little things in hopes that it becomes a quality way to waste an hour a week a few months out of the year before long.

Wake27
08-24-15, 23:55
I'm tired of people in zombie movies having never even heard of a damn zombie. Like not a single bit.

SteyrAUG
08-25-15, 02:10
I'm tired of people in zombie movies having never even heard of a damn zombie. Like not a single bit.

World War Z is the film for you.

drsal
08-25-15, 20:19
Saw the episode;I hope the zombies win.

wildcard600
08-25-15, 21:15
Just got done watching it. Better than S2-3 and first half of S4 of TWD IMO. Hopefully it will pick-up next episode though, it dragged a bit until the last 20 minutes or so.

Korgs130
08-25-15, 22:04

I understand what you're saying, but Robert Kirkman has said on numerous occasions that in the world of TWD, the concept of "zombies" never existed (no books, movies etc.) before the SHTF and dead started to walk. He did that intentionally.

Wake27
08-26-15, 00:03
I understand what you're saying, but Robert Kirkman has said on numerous occasions that in the world of TWD, the concept of "zombies" never existed (no books, movies etc.) before the SHTF and dead started to walk. He did that intentionally.

Yeah because there wouldn't be nearly as much of a story if people knew about them. I did like World War Z.

Firefly
08-30-15, 21:30
This episode is where we should've started.

Now it gets interesting. The daughter, however, is infuriating. Honest to god infuriating. I know she's being a teenaged girl, and doing so convincingly, but good god she's infuriating especially at this horrid time of vicissitude.

zombiescometh
08-30-15, 22:06
This episode is where we should've started.

Now it gets interesting. The daughter, however, is infuriating. Honest to god infuriating. I know she's being a teenaged girl, and doing so convincingly, but good god she's infuriating especially at this horrid time of vicissitude.
I was more infuriated with her mom for two reasons.
1. She tried to talk to and wanted to help the principal.
2. She is taking way too long to tell her daughter what she knows.

Firefly
08-30-15, 22:13
1. She's never seen a zombie before and dude was pretty fresh. So I give her a pass.
2. She told her daughter everything she knew when she knew it. Stay away from homeboy, he's sick, it's bad, it's contagious. Grab a ruck and some water. All she needed to say was 'yes ma'am' and do it.
If my folks told me to start digging to China my only question would be where's the shovel.

Averageman
08-30-15, 22:15
I think it is a good show,I'm enjoying it anyway.
Having been stationed in LA as a Recruiter I noticed a couple of things;
That looks an awful lot like Fairfax High School.
The mind set is pretty conservative, these folks are the to the right of middle in Southern California.
Like any emergency a lot of folks will die denying what is happening in front of their own eyes.

1. She's never seen a zombie before and dude was pretty fresh. So I give her a pass.
2. She told her daughter everything she knew when she knew it. Stay away from homeboy, he's sick, it's bad, it's contagious. Grab a ruck and some water. All she needed to say was 'yes ma'am' and do it.
If my folks told me to start digging to China my only question would be where's the shovel.

My Dad owned a construction company at one point, he would tell me to dig to china and hand me a shovel. I cleaned up a lot of footings.

Firefly
08-30-15, 22:22
Mild semi spoiler: I liked dude in car 13. I hope he has an adventure as a lone road warrior isolate psychotic.

I also hope some police become rogue like gayboy berserkers forming roving armies with mirror glasses and gimp gear. Raiding towns led by a hepped up madman. All the frustration of inner city policing and the whole no justice no peace for zombies spiel drove them to be V8 crazies and Hemi Hellions.

Or maybe I'm projecting a bit.

Averageman
08-30-15, 22:31
What kind of killed it for me was the idea of he family going "out to the desert".
I'm not sure how many trips out to 29 palms these folks have made, but going North would be a lot safer than out in the middle of "You aint gonna live long here without water, and oh by the way, No Water Here."

Firefly
08-30-15, 22:40
If you think about it...if you had the means to keep potable water, it wouldn't be so bad. Lots of long range visibility, zombies will sun rot quicker, and again long range visibility for when they start magically miracling up Mk. 12s and M110s.

For yuppies, at least they know to get out of built up areas.

Renegade
08-31-15, 00:08
2. She told her daughter everything she knew when she knew it.

She kinda forgot the part where she bashed the principal's skull in, and needed private time in bathroom to clean his brain matter off her jacket.

Renegade
08-31-15, 00:11
Mild semi spoiler: I liked dude in car 13. I hope he has an adventure as a lone road warrior isolate psychotic.

He was 10-7 - I was thinking we might see him again.

Renegade
08-31-15, 00:12
What kind of killed it for me was the idea of he family going "out to the desert".

That is probably pretty accurate. 99% of the folks I have talked to in real life think they will bug out of the city when SHTF. With no preps whatsover.

SteyrAUG
08-31-15, 00:22
So the escape plan is the "desert"?

A place where food, water and shelter are nearly impossible to find. I wonder what the plan is when they get there?

Firefly
08-31-15, 00:25
Now here's where I saw some of Fear's 'regular guy' charm.

You're a yuppie guidance counselor. You have a stuck up teenybopper daughter who, pardon me, was likely seeing that dude for either attention or to piss someone off. I say that as there was no chemistry. None. It's like Molly Ringwald ending up with Ducky. It looks good on paper, but no. Doesn't work.

Anyways....she's spoiled, stupid and a suburban chick. If mom comes in and says "oh yeah BTW I wasted dude from work to save a fat kid. He was a zombie or on bath salts or something. Just go with it".

Well....she would've had a fit and started asking questions and crying and running away out the house. Plus...this was her first confirmed kill and some people need to process that without chick drama.
It was info she didn't need. Also spotlighting the windows was stupid and how many times do you need to be told the world is going to hell?

It simply wasn't a time for freelance female emotions when people are working on getting out of Dodge.
I actually didn't realize Sick Boy would be more likeable than Miss Thing but he is and I feel bad for doubting him. I just wish he'd ditch the One Direction haircut as it is distracting at certain angles.

7/10. But 1 point is again for the Walt Kowalski truck . This show can go places if people will let it.

Firefly
08-31-15, 00:32
He was 10-7 - I was thinking we might see him again.

Being 10-7, he probably only stopped home to get his personal stash and head on out. If we do see him again, he'll likely not be very helpful. Loading up in a marked unit, in uniform while folks are panicking kinda implies he's got a friend who does traffic reports and that he could run out. He could run out right tonight.

SteyrAUG
08-31-15, 00:45
Now here's where I saw some of Fear's 'regular guy' charm.

You're a yuppie guidance counselor. You have a stuck up teenybopper daughter who, pardon me, was likely seeing that dude for either attention or to piss someone off. I say that as there was no chemistry. None. It's like Molly Ringwald ending up with Ducky. It looks good on paper, but no. Doesn't work.

Anyways....she's spoiled, stupid and a suburban chick. If mom comes in and says "oh yeah BTW I wasted dude from work to save a fat kid. He was a zombie or on bath salts or something. Just go with it".

Well....she would've had a fit and started asking questions and crying and running away out the house. Plus...this was her first confirmed kill and some people need to process that without chick drama.
It was info she didn't need. Also spotlighting the windows was stupid and how many times do you need to be told the world is going to hell?

It simply wasn't a time for freelance female emotions when people are working on getting out of Dodge.
I actually didn't realize Sick Boy would be more likeable than Miss Thing but he is and I feel bad for doubting him. I just wish he'd ditch the One Direction haircut as it is distracting at certain angles.

7/10. But 1 point is again for the Walt Kowalski truck . This show can go places if people will let it.

I'm still watching, it's just annoying.

First big mistake is letting "fat kid" go, he was more on top of this thing than anyone except for maybe the cop loading up water. Also why did they ditch his supplies after taking care of the threat.

Kid had a solid plan. Clean out the pharmacies, hit the gun stores and then the liquor stores. He could have also probably told them the desert plan was retarded. And where exactly is the "meet up" spot in the desert. Did they seriously go with "I'll find you..."? It's the desert, not the mall.

Sadly fat kit will probably get killed before adults become smart enough to make sure he has a gun.

Firefly
08-31-15, 00:49
Well...if you're an anime fan, fat kid reminded me of the fat kid from High School of the Dead. I actually think if we see him again, he'll be with unlikely friends and zapping zombies with an SR-25.

He was an asset. But I think he realized that joining her party would've been a bad move.

djmorris
08-31-15, 01:46
Flu shots, prison lockdown style schools, strong women - weak men. This show is chock full of propaganda.

Averageman
08-31-15, 08:09

First big mistake is letting "fat kid" go, he was more on top of this thing than anyone except for maybe the cop loading up water. Also why did they ditch his supplies after taking care of the threat.

Kid had a solid plan. Clean out the pharmacies, hit the gun stores and then the liquor stores. He could have also probably told them the desert plan was retarded. And where exactly is the "meet up" spot in the desert. Did they seriously go with "I'll find you..."? It's the desert, not the mall.

Sadly fat kit will probably get killed before adults become smart enough to make sure he has a gun.

Yeah they left a lot of loose ends in their plans and the whole "Meet you in the desert" thing. I'm thinking there would be a lot of people out there going "Mad Max" for a bottle of water after about five days.
You're right "fat kid" was on his game and was about a week ahead of the rest of the characters, letting him go was a bad mistake. On the other hand, at this point he may be better off without "them". He seems to be riding the crest of the power curve as far as understanding what is going on, clearly that family as of yet doesn't.
The food being left behind was pretty symbolic of where these guys are at, at this time in the process of understanding what's going on. After killing the Principal, I'm not sure why they didn't pull around and empty the whole store room in to her car.
Everybody splitting up and going in three different directions based on poor decision making and worse priorities is something they really need to work on. It adds to the drama, but makes for a weak story line.
The idea that the living are as or more dangerous than the Zombies is going to have to happen within the next two episodes.

Renegade
08-31-15, 08:45
Being 10-7, he probably only stopped home to get his personal stash and head on out. If we do see him again, he'll likely not be very helpful. Loading up in a marked unit, in uniform while folks are panicking kinda implies he's got a friend who does traffic reports and that he could run out. He could run out right tonight.

Keep in mind Morgan was not particularly helpful the first time we saw him.

fallenromeo
08-31-15, 14:32

Also why did they ditch his supplies after taking care of the threat.

Agreed. She breaks into a school to steal drugs, loads up the cart with a ton of stuff, ices the principal, then leaves the cart of supplies? What the hell?

Also, what high school nurses office has controlled substances in it? Vicodin, in a high school? Uh, no. And there was some vials of stuff in her stash too. What injectables are kept in the supply closet at a high school?

I am frustrated with the show so far. So much potential, but the characters are ruining it. This show is like the writers equivalent of a porn director trying to shoot authentic party sex

Renegade
08-31-15, 14:36
Agreed. She breaks into a school to steal drugs, loads up the cart with a ton of stuff, ices the principal, then leaves the cart of supplies? What the hell?

Tobias was the prepper loading the cart when she walked in on him.

Also, what high school nurses office has controlled substances in it? Vicodin, in a high school? Uh, no. And there was some vials of stuff in her stash too. What injectables are kept in the supply closet at a high school?

It was on-site Police office.

Firefly
08-31-15, 14:47
My theory on the food cart:
Fat Kid and teacher lady weren't quite sure if they'd just committed murder or what. She's in deep enough after Taylor Hanson made street pizza outta drug dealer. This on top of her raiding the SRO locker for Sched II pills for her doper son.

They didn't know who or what else was on them so Fat Kid rucked what he could and left the cart. Fat Kid seems like one of those survivalist types anyway and his parents probably sent him to Gunsite or something for his birthday. I'm sure by now he has a scoped AR, a vehicle, and a battle buddy or two.

Of all the people him and lucky number 13 are gonna make it.

Renegade
08-31-15, 14:49
My theory on the food cart:

IMO it is a low-budget production, there are already lots of continuity issues with the filming, and this was another oversight and they did not go back and re-shoot the scene.

Firefly
08-31-15, 15:40
Another thing I hope gets addressed: The increased air traffic. That one kid kept noticing it.

My Theory: Lots of rich folks getting on chartered flights to Canada or elsewhere. Major airliners also getting redirected.

"Important" people know. Like a Captain Trips scenario.

pinzgauer
08-31-15, 16:02
It's interesting to see a disheveled person and then have to decide: is it just a hipster with bed head, a druggie homeless person or a fresh walker?

Where TWD was largely past the education aspect except for Rick, that's going to be a key part of this series I can tell.

SteyrAUG
08-31-15, 18:36

I am frustrated with the show so far. So much potential, but the characters are ruining it. This show is like the writers equivalent of a porn director trying to shoot authentic party sex

This is CA, so I wouldn't be surprised by an onsite methodone treatment program or medical marijuana.

Caeser25
08-31-15, 18:49
I just started episode 2, I know heard this somewhere before but I'm sure it will apply here. Car 13, where are you?

Firefly
08-31-15, 19:16
Lucky 13 didn't look like a diversity hire. His path could go one of a few ways.
He absconds with his family and they head to higher ground.
His family is dead and he loses it becoming quite mad.
Or...and this is my favorite, he never had a family. He was always a loner type. Working the worst beats. Taking whatever overtime he could get. He has weapons and training and he's going to be a lone scavenger of the impending wastes. His moral compass dictated by his own anti-heroic value systems. He wasn't in a charger...or an 'interceptor'. He had a Crown Vic. Last of the V8s.

Neither enemy nor ally he roams the highways in search of gasoline and water. And he should have an M16A1, an HK91, and a few ARs and whatever he could steal from the evidence locker. And lots of tuckaway hold out pistols like a P232 or a Walther.

Temporary ally at best, violent and forceful foe if necessary. Street smart and hardened.

Or he was a tossaway guy. And maybe I'm sublimating. But that's half the fun.

Firefly
09-13-15, 21:34
This episode made me hate everyone even more.

The hero was the Barbershop guy who I now call Senor Miyagi. He's a zen survivor and there are hints that he knows what true survival entails. Like he escaped violent drug wars.

There was an anti gun line once they found the awe inspiring death device that is an Uplander O/U

The ending was kinda cliche but a welcome refreshment from the stupidity of these stupid, stupid people.

Not even Barbara from the original NOTLD was this bad.

Why can't the show be about Senor Miyagi, Fat Kid, Lucky 13, and a other cool people. These are the people that will have a base camp with Mk. 12s and security.

I actually really hate these main characters they remind me of every coffee shop liberal with their feelings and ideas and little thoughts about society.

No. The Zompocalypse is when you blast Van Halen, start counting coup, and enjoy violent twisted anarchy before rebuilding society like with new amendments abolishing the IRS and totally unrestricting the 2nd amendment and tarring and feathering people before rebuilding a Heinleinian society.

And here we are....worrying about Taylor Hanson's dope problem. Hydrate, take some Motrin, and carry on. If I was his dad I'd hold him down and scream in his face to take the pain.

3/10 Only for Senor Miyagi, the Ford Truck, and the last 6 minutes

zombiescometh
09-13-15, 21:39

The hero was the Barbershop guy who I now call Senor Miyagi. He's a zen survivor and there are hints that he knows what true survival entails. Like he escaped violent drug wars.

There was an anti gun line once they found the awe inspiring death device that is an Uplander O/U

The ending was kinda cliche but a welcome refreshment from the stupidity of these stupid, stupid people.

Why can't the show be about Senor Miyagi, Fat Kid, Lucky 13, and a other cool people. These are the people that will have a base camp with Mk. 12s and security.

I actually really hate these main characters they remind me of every coffee shop liberal with their feelings and ideas and little thoughts about society.

No. The Zompocalypse is when you blast Van Halen, start counting coup, and enjoy violent twisted anarchy before rebuilding society like with new amendments abolishing the IRS and totally unrestricting the 2nd amendment and tarring and feathering people before rebuilding a Heinleinian society.

And here we are....worrying about Taylor Hanson's dope problem. Hydrate, take some Motrin, and carry on. If I was his dad I'd hold him down and scream in his face to take the pain.

I agree. Also the fact that he convinced her not to kill Susan.

Averageman
09-13-15, 21:55
It's California and even worse it appears to be Los Angeles.
What left that needs to be said?

Firefly
09-13-15, 22:13
But it has potential. Or had.

--The Asian Community. There could be armed enclaves like in the Riots. Guys with hidden stashes mounting armed resistance. Putting on black pajamas and headbands and arm bands.

--Renegade police squads forming mobile road gangs to survive zombies and hoodlums alike.

--At least ONE disaffected middle aged man in Tiger Stripes with an MP5 shouting "Airborne!" as he and a motley crew of ragtag survivors with souvenired camo and guns from dead military and police try to get to higher ground.

--Ghetto Holocausts where homeboys are wasting themselves and zombies with a lone hero with a gold plated underfolder who declares himself the Duke. He's big, black, bald, with a beard and gucci sunglasses. He's like an African warlord offering protection in exchange for fealty. His second in command paints his face white like a skull and wears a derby hat. He carries a machete and a stainless mini 14. They are in a bloody war with mexican bangers who are using smuggled full auto.

--The survivalist enclaves in the PacNW listening in on shortband forming Civil Defense measures.

But NO, BS hippies and their girl problems. Even the Big Bang Nerds would do better.

Koshinn
09-14-15, 04:03
The old guy racked a double barrel shotgun.

Wat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irnFFs6iJf8

Also I think it's good that they're all super liberal anti-gun (except of course the barber shop guy). A lot of anti-gun people will relate to them. Then they'll be dragged, kicking and screaming, into reality. And maybe it'll change some of their minds.

Renegade
09-14-15, 11:38

Said his family was killed in El Salvador, so perhaps he survived Sandinista death squads.

BBossman
09-14-15, 13:09
Johhny Depp's drug addicted younger twin needs to go, but he'll probably end up sporting a HK G36 and rescuing teen girls (G36 because if TWD is any indication, they'll end up with guns that look cool on TV).

The old esse, Daniel should be the "new" Rick.

Travis is a pussy and should be the 'new" Dale.

Just looking at the IMDB cast list, Daniel and his daughter have one more episode listed than the rest of them. So... either they split up, have flashbacks, or they're going to kill some folks off early...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

I try and watch this as if I've never seen TWD and don't know whats coming. The biggest problem I'm having is the timeline of events. I think the power grid failing and the troops showing up is moving to fast for what they've presented so far.

Firefly
09-14-15, 13:36
I'm assuming 'Travis' is the dad. These people irk me so I don't identify with them.

Hopefully him and Taylor Hanson die off.
Somehow, Senor Miyagi NEEDS to end up in Lizard camo, with pancho villa holsters, smoking a cigar and brandishing a FAL para. He also needs to team up with Fat Kid and Lucky 13. And maybe a black dude with a Jim Kelly fro and nunchucks. If his wife croaks Senor Miyagis daughter needs to also sport like a beret and an M1 Carbine or something with pacific camo trousers.

But unfortunately we'll be stuck with the same boring stupid people. The soldiers will be portrayed as evil or 'cruel'.

If anything it will bolster the Left Coast's "morally superior" hippie mentality.

fallenromeo
09-14-15, 15:10
The dad or bf or whatever he is. The school teacher/main character is awful, just awful. The fact that after the zombie ate his dog, then attempted to eat him before senor miyagi blew his head off, he tells senor that "he didn't deserve that." ...what? He tried to eat you. He absolutely deserved that. In a true zombie apocalypse he would not be known as a "compassionate liberal" he would just be a zombie happy meal. Sadly, he is protected as the main character, but in reality he would be one of the first to go.

JBecker 72
09-14-15, 15:18
Yeah I don't quite understand the direction they are taking this with these characters. And I get that people probably aren't gonna listen to a drugged out kid, but he has been spot on so far with the gravity of the situation.

3 episodes in and they are dropping the ball big time IMO.

tuck
09-14-15, 17:07
3 episodes in and they are dropping the ball big time IMO.

I agree. I'll continue to DVR it and watch it when its convenient though.

At least TWD season 6 starts in less than a month!

Caeser25
09-14-15, 17:33
The dad or bf or whatever he is. The school teacher/main character is awful, just awful. The fact that after the zombie ate his dog, then attempted to eat him before senor miyagi blew his head off, he tells senor that "he didn't deserve that." ...what? He tried to eat you. He absolutely deserved that. In a true zombie apocalypse he would not be known as a "compassionate liberal" he would just be a zombie happy meal. Sadly, he is protected as the main character, but in reality he would be one of the first to go.

Completely agree. He almost got eaten and was still antigin the next day after time to reflect on that. Senor Miyagi should have said some shit like, fine next time you're about to get eaten I won't use the gun.

Edit: After being overseas, it's not that easy pulling the trigger on another human being the first time. Just human nature. He still sees them as human.

TAZ
09-14-15, 19:31

Sad part is that the above statement probably describes 95% of LA population that isn't a gangbanger (so like 6 folks). probably 60% of the state and probably half the country.

Big A
09-14-15, 19:57
The only character I like so far is Senor Myagi. I'm really only watching it for the begining of the zombie outbreak. I honestly can't wait for Whipping Boy and Johnny McSpooncooker to die. The rest...meh...

"Mom, I need my medicine." Bitch please, your problem is self inflicted.

"You know how I feel about guns."
"The gun doesn't car how you feel about it."

SteyrAUG
09-19-15, 13:07

Yep.

Hate them all. "Good morning Susan"....are you effing kidding me?!? Btw nice job leaving a death trap for the husband. Nice job realizing it's a death trap for the husband and STILL not doing jack effin shit about it. Nice job of forcing the husband to personally witness the death of his wife and one of the most graphic ways possible and then get him interred in a "probably infected" camp. Hope that was worth all your touch feel hippy bullshit.

Yeah, we got one guy who gets it. Sadly for him he's basically locked in place with an injured wife who is probably going to die on him and a daughter who is second guessing everything he does. He's kinda screwed.

And am I the only one who thinks the military isn't just going to restore order and be on their way? Right now they have neighborhoods locked down. We all know this virus won't be so easily contained. But I guess we now have military equipment that will soon be available to those who have a clue.

They also need to lose Heroin kid. He is going to get a lot of people killed and even if he does get it together...who cares. He will always be a potential liability that screwed things up so bad he got a bunch of people killed. I really wish we could go back in time and have him shot by his drug dealer, then turn zombie (almost there anyway) and kill the drug dealer. Then Mom and Dad could have to deal with the realization that these are "not people" and not what they assumed and be forced to kill both of them.

SteyrAUG
09-19-15, 13:11
I'm assuming 'Travis' is the dad. These people irk me so I don't identify with them.

Hopefully him and Taylor Hanson die off.
Somehow, Senor Miyagi NEEDS to end up in Lizard camo, with pancho villa holsters, smoking a cigar and brandishing a FAL para. He also needs to team up with Fat Kid and Lucky 13. And maybe a black dude with a Jim Kelly fro and nunchucks. If his wife croaks Senor Miyagis daughter needs to also sport like a beret and an M1 Carbine or something with pacific camo trousers.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/10377997_287337131473825_6683145605738729998_n.jpg?oh=0ac3822f0483bc2590d68b2fbf885878&oe=5666F551

Firefly
09-19-15, 14:12
YEAH! Just like that. Sadly that's awesome and therefore won't be in the show.

The Army guys are going to be "evil", people will be placed in Nazi FEMA Zombie camps, and our heroes will prevail through diplomacy, reasoning, and good intentions.

It's Phantom Menace all over again a few cool people pissed away for boring crap and watch them Midichlorian the zombie plague with a lame 'gee we're all human after all. If only we had more socialized healthcare."

SteyrAUG
09-20-15, 01:52
YEAH! Just like that. Sadly that's awesome and therefore won't be in the show.

The Army guys are going to be "evil", people will be placed in Nazi FEMA Zombie camps, and our heroes will prevail through diplomacy, reasoning, and good intentions.

It's Phantom Menace all over again a few cool people pissed away for boring crap and watch them Midichlorian the zombie plague with a lame 'gee we're all human after all. If only we had more socialized healthcare."

I'm still hopeful that "maybe" all the CA liberals will get mind****ed into reality when things really hit the fan hard. Here's hoping:

1. They learn the hard way that when shit breaks down, "the cavalry" won't necessarily help you and might actually act against your best interests.

2. They hit a hard learning curve that these "aren't people" and "they can't be cured." Like Herschel cubed.

3. Zombies don't care how you feel about guns.

Really hoping the Heroin kid becomes a casualty of the situation and isn't "transformed" into some kind of apocalyptic anti hero. This show still has potential to show the vast limitation of the CA mindset in a SHTF scenario and force several of these people to to do mental overhaul or perish.

Right now they are really sucking. They watched zombie drug dealer come back from the dead and try and kill people, and a few other reinforcing examples, but they still couldn't apply those lessons to Susan next door at the cost of her husband who they also claimed to care about. I guess the show gets points for realistic depiction.

Viewers are being coerced to wish Senior Miyagi to partner up with the main characters, but because he can see them for what they are, he knows they are a liability to him and his family. When he commented to himself "weak" after seeing Travis stop his wife from killing Susan, I saw hope.

Firefly
09-20-15, 02:27
Yes it COULD go places. It would just require hard rock, assault rifles, gumption, self reliance and a 4wd A team van.

It would be BLOODY BRILLIANT if this were a feint and our actual heroes were Senor Miyagi, his spitfire daughter, Fat Kid, Lucky 13 the cop, and a few squared away soldiers. They all link back up and protect the yuppies who grow to see how a credit card and a latte aren't going to fix this.

It's going to take rucking up and dealing with it. Like dopeboy, withdrawal is a bitch but somebody might really need those drugs. Keep him hydrated and wrapped up. He'll be alright.

The show was made for left coasters who think self reliance is redneckish and stupid. Any anime fans should REALLY watch Highschool of the Dead. It doesn't get too crazy...a little risque...it actually has a subplot of right wing political types who were preppers. In short order whiny high school kids go from mewling to actually taking the fight to the zombies once they get guns. One of which is SR25. These teenyboppers are smoking these yuppies.

Senor Miyagi is a zen survivor. He lets on only what he needs to. But has written them off. If Fat Kid or Lucky 13 came in to enter guidance...this show could go places.

pinzgauer
09-20-15, 08:35
My son pointed out that Travis is starting out not that different than Herschel. Maybe not weak, just not ready to assume the walkers can't be helped. Yet turned into a key character.
Remember they don't know about the concept of "zombies" and in show time its only been about 36 hours.

We are also wondering if druggie son may turn into a Glenn type. In his weakness he's already more pragmatic than the others.

I'm not ready to give up on the show yet... Still enough interesting possibilities, and not much else to watch.

Sent from my PRC-104 using phonetics

Jer
09-20-15, 10:11
Yes it COULD go places. It would just require hard rock, assault rifles, gumption, self reliance and a 4wd A team van.

It would be BLOODY BRILLIANT if this were a feint and our actual heroes were Senor Miyagi, his spitfire daughter, Fat Kid, Lucky 13 the cop, and a few squared away soldiers. They all link back up and protect the yuppies who grow to see how a credit card and a latte aren't going to fix this.

It's going to take rucking up and dealing with it. Like dopeboy, withdrawal is a bitch but somebody might really need those drugs. Keep him hydrated and wrapped up. He'll be alright.

The show was made for left coasters who think self reliance is redneckish and stupid. Any anime fans should REALLY watch Highschool of the Dead. It doesn't get too crazy...a little risque...it actually has a subplot of right wing political types who were preppers. In short order whiny high school kids go from mewling to actually taking the fight to the zombies once they get guns. One of which is SR25. These teenyboppers are smoking these yuppies.

Senor Miyagi is a zen survivor. He lets on only what he needs to. But has written them off. If Fat Kid or Lucky 13 came in to enter guidance...this show could go places.

That depends... how many tentacle scenes are there?

wildcard600
09-20-15, 10:55
That depends... how many tentacle scenes are there?

None that i recall. it is very oversexualized for no good reason and there are some episodes that dont have anything to do with the plot and dont seem to add anything to the story.

I enjoyed it, but i doubt i would ever go back and watch it again. average at best IMO.

Firefly
09-20-15, 12:46
HOTD......average?!?!

No man, while it drags here and there, it has a lot of references to other zombie material and it is a nice balance between grim and comedic. Sorta like Army of Darkness.

The chubby kid providing overwatch with his souvenired KAC is priceless. I like how they point out how such thinhgs are illegal in Japan.

For those unfamiliar, this is a big schock. Most kids in Japanese high school are not to have wild streaks or self reliance. Here they steal cars, mount a rescue team, and slug it out with zombies with stolen guns that Chubby teaches them on.

Walking Dead is made in America and all we get is "You know how I feel about guns"

HOTD is like "This is a Knights SR-25! It's illegal...
Illeeeegal muahahaha"

I'm a simple man, I have simple tastes I like to see girls in whore heels and scant clothing shooting up things I don't like, I enjoy hard rock soundtracks, and people going renegade.

If that makes me a weirdo or a pervert that's too bad but I know what I like

Firefly
09-20-15, 21:31
Well.....here we are. More people just ignorant.

The Military, a guard unit, commanded by a 50 year old 2nd Looey is doing the same cliche X-Files, evil military crap.

If I am right, Johnny Depp may have finally signed his death warrant.

At least his mom does what his dad should have done and smacked him around. Anyways the whole SOS....the dad didn't believe it. The dad is the dumbest most naive fourtysomething EVER.

Anyways....Army guys calling medics "Corpsman" and everyone is in UCP. Blah blah blah lots of go nowhere until blondie goes outside tge wire. Sees folks executed and a mobile kill team doing a sweep. Anyways she sees a loose Beretta and DOESN'T souvenir it. Weak.

Anyways I sorta wanted to think it was fat kid signalling help or a warning but it gives the impression it was muzzle flashes.

The Soldiers from Day of the Dead were more switched on than these extras who looked kind of out of place. Plus Biloxi Blues going downrange with chickie snack. Yep. That's right. It's practically Judgement Day with the Dead rising from the grave and we're taking a humvee out like it was dad's truck.

Senor Miyagi laid his cards on the table and appears done with this farce of zombie media

The ONLY menacing yet cool part was the kill team. They actually looked a bit salty and mean.

Man....I'm beginning to think there's no real point anymore.
This show is reaching Warm Bodies levels of lameness. Like....this show is actually hard to watch.

It's like ...Remember 'The Unit'. They teased you with promises of dark, twisted epic adventures of a far out SF team and for every five minutes of guys doing cool stuff it was 40 minutes of women and their female problems girling everything up like a 10 year old girl's Lisa Frank notebook.

1/10 and if I ever meet Senor Miyagi's actor IRL, I'm going to thank him for his efforts in trying to save this horrible show from being a total loss.

Renegade
09-20-15, 21:56
Looks like Travis gets it, wonder if we will find out who he got killed.

eta

Honestly, this show is working out exactly what I would expect from a libtard LA family.

Averageman
09-21-15, 06:02
It look like the met their own version of the Governor right off the bat now doesn't it?
The whole idea of Survivor Triage is interesting.

Sensei
09-21-15, 10:02
Anyone who lets a GSD get eaten without trying to help it deserves to die. I hope they all die, slow, agonizing deaths.

MountainRaven
09-21-15, 10:52
If the show lasted only the first 60min I would have turned it off and never looked back. The last half hour did give me enough intrigue to see the next episode. The wife and I are huge TWD fans so we decided to give it a try. We almost gave up half way through.

I can't say these charichters are as interesting and relatable as the original series but I will give it a chance. I like where I think they are going. Time will tell.

Hell, there is nothing else to watch on Sunday night. The Walkong Dead won't be back until Oct 11, no idea when Game of Theones comes back. Might as well watch this.

Game of Thrones will be back in April. FYI.

Voodoochild
09-21-15, 10:58
So far the only one with any common sense of what is going on is the barber. He saw some serious shit down in El Salvador back during the Civil wars there. He knows what's going on and is trying to get the mom of the druggie to realize what is going to happen. I think the husband of the druggie mom finally woke up after seeing the house on the hill get bushwhacked. But we will see..

nova3930
09-21-15, 11:02
I'm kinda lukewarm on this so far. I guess I just can't imagine people being THAT weak in the face of an absolute disaster.

"You know how I feel about guns" "Yeah well you know how I feel about balless men" Shoulda let Heroin head suffer too.

At least it's decent filler till the The REAL Walking Dead comes back along with Fargo. The Bastard Executioner pilot was pretty decent too.....

nova3930
09-21-15, 11:03
So far the only one with any common sense of what is going on is the barber. He saw some serious shit down in El Salvador back during the Civil wars there. He knows what's going on and is trying to get the mom of the druggie to realize what is going to happen. I think the husband of the druggie mom finally woke up after seeing the house on the hill get bushwhacked. But we will see..

The barber will likely be the only worthwhile character IMO.

Did the hill house get smacked? I thought that flashing light at the end was just more signaling. Was it gunfire?

Jer
09-21-15, 11:08

Did the hill house get smacked? I thought that flashing light at the end was just more signaling. Was it gunfire?

The audio was clearly gun fire. Hence the reason Fraidy McFraidyson was appalled when he saw it.

Renegade
09-21-15, 11:08

The final flashes appeared to be muzzle flashes as they lit up the whole house, not just the window.

Singlestack Wonder
09-21-15, 11:29
At least there are only two episodes left. This series has been a disappointment,

nova3930
09-21-15, 11:33
The audio was clearly gun fire. Hence the reason Fraidy McFraidyson was appalled when he saw it.

The final flashes appeared to be muzzle flashes as they lit up the whole house, not just the window.

Guess between having the audio low because my son was asleep and me only halfway paying attention I missed both of those....

Firefly
09-21-15, 12:07
Senor Miyagi really has been the only one worth a damn. Especially his telling blondie what happens when they take you away.

It would be pretty grim if it was Fat Kid who was in a tight and was signalling and the doofus dad dropped a dime and got him wasted.

This is the problem with prequels. We already know that TPTB do NOT have things under control. It would've been interesting if it were played out like Jericho. News of the Soviets closing borders and shooting down any planes in or out , the Chinese Atomizing their own country, mass balkanization of Europe. UN soldiers literally getting eaten in Africa and the US standing alone. Soldiers and police realizing the futility and setting up rogue factions, cities forming militias, and rich people hiring mercenaries.

Instead we get some gender bent doper, the dumbest dad ever, his stupid ex wife, his stupid stepdaughter and the painfully underused Senor Miyagi.

BGREID
09-21-15, 13:28
The producers said that this first season was to show us what went on while Rick was in a coma. Remember how the National Guard end up on the Walking Dead and how most of the original characters don't make it to season 3. I expect to see us lose a few main characters over the next 2 episodes.

Koshinn
09-21-15, 13:43
HOTD......average?!?!

No man, while it drags here and there, it has a lot of references to other zombie material and it is a nice balance between grim and comedic. Sorta like Army of Darkness.

The chubby kid providing overwatch with his souvenired KAC is priceless. I like how they point out how such thinhgs are illegal in Japan.

For those unfamiliar, this is a big schock. Most kids in Japanese high school are not to have wild streaks or self reliance. Here they steal cars, mount a rescue team, and slug it out with zombies with stolen guns that Chubby teaches them on.

Walking Dead is made in America and all we get is "You know how I feel about guns"

HOTD is like "This is a Knights SR-25! It's illegal...
Illeeeegal muahahaha"

I'm a simple man, I have simple tastes I like to see girls in whore heels and scant clothing shooting up things I don't like, I enjoy hard rock soundtracks, and people going renegade.

If that makes me a weirdo or a pervert that's too bad but I know what I like

While I thoroughly enjoyed HOTD... I never went back to watch it again. Unlike, say, Jormungand.

usmcvet
09-21-15, 21:39
"You know how I feel about guns."
"The gun doesn't care how you feel about it."

That's signature line material.

The Military, a guard unit, commanded by a 50 year old 2nd Looey is doing the same cliche X-Files, evil military crap.

....Army guys calling medics "Corpsman" and everyone is in UCP. Blah blah blah lots of go nowhere until blondie goes outside the wire.

I thought the LT looked very old too.

Firefly
09-27-15, 21:15
Surprisingly this week's ep was moderately interesting.

Everything I thought about Senor Miyagi is turning out to be true.

The smooth talking jive guy Hannibal Lecturing folks was obnoxious.

The 50 year old LT going along with the 30 year old PFCs idea was dumb.

Taking the hippie lib arts teach on a field trip was interesting and confirmed his wuss status. Kind of a waste of a Barrett and the zed they zap looked more like it was shot with a 9mm than a freaking .50 cal.

Also I don't know why they are calling Army guys 'Corpsman' but it is stupid and distracting.

Sensing an awkward Brady Bunch vibe that would be fun to watch as it will definitely divide people.

I dunno when it was established that ex wife was Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman but...yeah that'll come back on her.

Not sure a very hardy crew, this lot. Except Senor Miyagi

Koshinn
09-27-15, 21:44
I knew a probably 50 yr old LT while I was deployed, I think he was a reservist but maybe a guardsman. He bitched about every little thing and was generally less competent at his job than 24 year old LTs. Since it's probably a guard unit in FOTD, it makes some sense.

The corpsman part, I have no idea. It could have been a corpsman that joined up with them at some point? I don't see a joint service unit as a very big stretch even before the apocalypse... during and after it, it's almost inevitable.

Firefly
09-27-15, 22:17
If they were Navy guys wouldn't they be wearing desert cammies? Or even that blue digital? Plus they all had army patches.

The 50 year old LT is plausible I guess but he also had 10th Mountain combat patches. Either he mustanged or he pissed someone way way off. Or he's just a D Bag.

I thought the doc lady was a civilian. Wouldn't she just say "medic" or even if reverting to her habits 'nurse' or heck 'hey you'?

Corpsman is just such a specific term. And instead of house clearing zeds why not just Carl Gustav them or mortar them?

They really don't seem to be rescuing anyone anymore. And how are guys with ACOGs and M4s even letting folks get within biting distance.

I know it's just a show that is restrained by a budget and writers who are appealing to the lowest common denominator. But still, take pride in your zombie show.

Koshinn
09-27-15, 22:43
If they were Navy guys wouldn't they be wearing desert cammies? Or even that blue digital? Plus they all had army patches.

The 50 year old LT is plausible I guess but he also had 10th Mountain combat patches. Either he mustanged or he pissed someone way way off. Or he's just a D Bag.

I thought the doc lady was a civilian. Wouldn't she just say "medic" or even if reverting to her habits 'nurse' or heck 'hey you'?

Corpsman is just such a specific term. And instead of house clearing zeds why not just Carl Gustav them or mortar them?

They really don't seem to be rescuing anyone anymore. And how are guys with ACOGs and M4s even letting folks get within biting distance.

I know it's just a show that is restrained by a budget and writers who are appealing to the lowest common denominator. But still, take pride in your zombie show.

In Afghanistan, the Navy (like the Air Force) wore ACUs. It could feasibly happen here, especially since Navy corpsmen sometimes wear Marine uniforms when in a Marine unit.

SteyrAUG
09-27-15, 23:36
Anyone who lets a GSD get eaten without trying to help it deserves to die. I hope they all die, slow, agonizing deaths.

Not to mention, if they'd have just closed some damn doors they would have solved most of their own problems. Idiots.

Business_Casual
09-28-15, 05:11
Not to mention, if they'd have just closed some damn doors they would have solved most of their own problems. Idiots.

Ha, that was funny. Basic security.

No one has mentioned the scope creep on the .50? Can you imagine the recoil with zero eye relief...

BBossman
09-28-15, 05:41
Also I don't know why they are calling Army guys 'Corpsman' but it is stupid and distracting.

Maybe they're "Corpseman"...

fallenromeo
09-28-15, 13:32
The dad/mayor/main character is the worst. He is a liberal wet dream. Thinks the big brother government is going to take care of them and protect them, even though they are all locked in an Army contained camp and not allowed to leave. No matter what is going on around him. Perfect example, talking to the army guy in the basement about the evac, "Great, when are we going?" damn tool.

Firefly
09-28-15, 14:03
I call the mayor the House Jew. There was this movie where SS dudes are taking over and this one guy is Diddy bopping around snitching on folks and getting slightly extra rations. Then at the end him and his family are unceremoniously shot. I don't think it was Schindler's list. But that's what he reminds me of.

Now.....they COULD have him get born again hard if there is a second season. Like ....he realizes that being a domesticated housebroken cuck ain't getting it. Everybody has a breaking point

That would be brilliant. He is taking care of two women plus two kids (not counting Johnny Depp as he is a goner no matter what. Needle sharing dude's drip sealed that deal). Senor Miyagi probably won't be a mainstay. And Dr. Jive in the cell seems like the type to piss off anybody he can't bribe.

Obviously Mayor dad has a value system. No matter how liberal. It is a value system. Take a moral man....push him to a point and bam, you get him to harden up.

He's had no training, no anything. So he has a steep curve. If they had a rogue police or soldier in their party; they could train them up.

Doubt that's what they will do. But, I wish to go on record as saying that the ex-wife is hot.

usmcvet
09-28-15, 22:16
In Afghanistan, the Navy (like the Air Force) wore ACUs. It could feasibly happen here, especially since Navy corpsmen sometimes wear Marine uniforms when in a Marine unit.

In the field Corpsmen wear the same cammies as their Marines. They can go Marine Corps Reg and wear everything but Dress Blues, with their appropriate Navy Rank. Looks awesome when you see a Corpsman in Marine Corps Green! The Corpsman needs to follow Marine grooming and PT standards to go Marine Corps Reg.

http://www.corpsman.com/forum/showthread.php?11664-Marine-Uniforms&highlight=Marine%20Regs

http://www.corpsman.com/forum/showthread.php?34160-Curious&

Ha, that was funny. Basic security.

No one has mentioned the scope creep on the .50? Can you imagine the recoil with zero eye relief...

I watched it tonight and kept saying oh man that's gonna hurt!

The dad/mayor/main character is the worst. He is a liberal wet dream. Thinks the big brother government is going to take care of them and protect them, even though they are all locked in an Army contained camp and not allowed to leave. No matter what is going on around him. Perfect example, talking to the army guy in the basement about the evac, "Great, when are we going?" damn tool.

Was this the final episode of the season?

tuck
09-28-15, 22:49
Was this the final episode of the season?

There's one more.

After the last episode, I'm not sure I'll take the time to watch the following seasons. I've grown to hate all of the characters so much it makes the show almost unwatchable.

If I wasn't such a huge fan of the original TWD, I would have stopped watching a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly
09-28-15, 23:15
Nerd Warning:
What made Walking Dead such a great show was that it was sorta like a Dungeons and Dragons game with zombies.
You had a Paladin Rick, a Thief Glen, a Ranger/Archer Daryl, a Wizard Herschel, a Strongman (all the black guys but the priest), a Samurai Michonne and now Carol who has become a bit of a Lancer. They were defineable character types that while slight exaggerations of regular people, seem survivable in a zombie apocalypse.

With this show, except Senor Miyagi, nobody has a character class. Schoolmarms and dopeheads do not tend to save the day.

Rick has leveled up from a well meaning Sheriff to being sort of like Mad Max. A hardened man on the edge.

What's whats-his-face going to level up to? A Level 12 Sissybritches?

The people worth watching were wasted. Like the Fat Kid....who would've made a good Hobbit, the Cop stocking up on supplies would've made a good Paladin, and in California they could've gotten some musician or punk singer who was street smart to be a Bard. Senor Miyagi is the only one carrying the show and he is a secondary character. This "regular people" spiel is weak. Because once all the soldiers are dead they have nothing to fall back on.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-29-15, 00:24
I have enjoyed Walking Dead SVU more than most. Still, I think hollywood writers think southerners are all survivalists and west coasters are all Tofu eating Prius drivers. Hence the pitifulness of the west coast crowd. I think they will get a little tougher, hell, Dr. Jose Mengele showed his face this week and I am hoping the black dude is a Randall Flagg type (Black Flagg?)/

GHB

Firefly
09-29-15, 00:39
It's kinda true. Lotsa people down here who "don't have guns" have at least two shotguns and a revolver. If you point that out to them, "well they don't count"

The black guy could be an excellent trickster type if he isn't wasted like everyone else.

Koshinn
09-29-15, 00:54
Nerd Warning:
What made Walking Dead such a great show was that it was sorta like a Dungeons and Dragons game with zombies.
You had a Paladin Rick, a Thief Glen, a Ranger/Archer Daryl, a Wizard Herschel, a Strongman (all the black guys but the priest), a Samurai Michonne and now Carol who has become a bit of a Lancer. They were defineable character types that while slight exaggerations of regular people, seem survivable in a zombie apocalypse.

With this show, except Senor Miyagi, nobody has a character class. Schoolmarms and dopeheads do not tend to save the day.

Rick has leveled up from a well meaning Sheriff to being sort of like Mad Max. A hardened man on the edge.

The people worth watching were wasted. Like the Fat Kid....who would've made a good Hobbit, the Cop stocking up on supplies would've made a good Paladin, and in California they could've gotten some musician or punk singer who was street smart to be a Bard. Senor Miyagi is the only one carrying the show and he is a secondary character. This "regular people" spiel is weak. Because once all the soldiers are dead they have nothing to fall back on.

Ive never seen someone compare TWD and D&D.

BBossman
09-29-15, 10:53
I don't know if its really west coast versus south thing as much as it is urban versus rural thing. In a "zombie environment" I could easily see urban folks sitting around waiting for someone to rescue them and wondering where "they" are and why "nobody" is doing anything. Urban folks would be easier for gov't entities to herd and pacify since its in their nature to believe in city services to take care of shit.

I have enjoyed Walking Dead SVU more than most. Still, I think hollywood writers think southerners are all survivalists and west coasters are all Tofu eating Prius drivers. Hence the pitifulness of the west coast crowd. I think they will get a little tougher, hell, Dr. Jose Mengele showed his face this week and I am hoping the black dude is a Randall Flagg type (Black Flagg?)/

GHB

Firefly
09-29-15, 11:21
Ive never seen someone compare TWD and D&D.

Or maybe just classic archetypes. So far it has been a bore. Nobody cares about 'regular' people. But active people free from the confines of normal situations.

I wish the showwas about Fat Kid the Hobbit....quiet, timid, but capabke of courage and daring if needed. The Cop...if he's gone rogue this early he could've made a good Strider. Tough and versed in combat but needs companions to keep him from becoming too roguish. A tough punker chick, no stranger to abuse and hard times. Tough in that vulnerable way. A bard to record their travels and keep the men folk from terribly dark thoughts. If they had to have a teacher then a science teacher who knows how to fix things and make bombs. Maybe even a slightly reforming gang member with no more gang as a Barbarian. A granola hippie who knows of plants and herbs as a medic or cleric. Trying to get out of the city...to the woods for a camp, trying to get information, surviving.

But this is just so much....blah.

fallenromeo
09-29-15, 12:21
I think we can all agree on at least one thing...The junkie boy/Tom Riddle from Harry Potter needs to die. He brings absolutely nothing to the group.

sjc3081
09-29-15, 13:47
I enjoy FTWD, and I suspect the resourcefulness of the Junky will come in handy. Also we will see the sheep characters get very able.

Arik
09-29-15, 14:10
I enjoy it. I don't have a favorite character and if I had at this point it would be the barber. But I don't actually hate any of the characters either. S1 of TWD was a little slow too and the farm was torture but it got better. I expect this is probably closer to how it would be in real life then most people think. Everyone is forgetting that this is only a few days into the outbreak. No one knows what a zombie is and how the process happens. They just think people are sick....although it's starting to become more obvious that this isn't a flue or a sickness.

It's make believe. So if I can make believe there are zombies I can get past the uniforms and "corpsman".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

pinzgauer
09-29-15, 14:11
I think we can all agree on at least one thing...The junkie boy/Tom Riddle from Harry Potter needs to die. He brings absolutely nothing to the group.

Which pretty much guarantees his survival. He'll be the Carol type, I predict.

Wimpy dad will come around, I predict. He's not dumb.. It's just taking some time for the new reality to sink through his long held world views. Just like Herschal. The stadium was a key bit of info that should contribute to his decision.

Mom is more pragmatic, she's been working the system to protect her flawed son. This is not as big of an adjustment for her. Might be like Rick's wife when she thought he was dead. Align to a strong protector to keep her family safe

I expect old man to help the group survive for a bit, but not sure he'll last. Daughter will become a Maggie. Already pragmatic, working the soldier for meds.

As to the ancient LT and platoon... Notice they all had 10th mtn deployment patches... Very unlikely. Someone would have missed, or had another unit experience they preferred.

They are also wearing blouse rank tabs sewn to their hats.

No platoon/Squad/team structure in sight with matching levels of NCO's either. (Maybe one surfaced)

Barrett 50s in a line NG unit??? Minimal SAW and 240b's?

But maybe less mil issues than many other shows. Seems like they at least try. Bigger budget shows like Hawaii 5-0 got things wrong dozens of times per episode.

I don't hate it, the premise is still interesting, and I'll give it benefit of doubt. They need more than half seasons though.

usmcvet
09-30-15, 08:07
There's one more.

After the last episode, I'm not sure I'll take the time to watch the following seasons. I've grown to hate all of the characters so much it makes the show almost unwatchable.

If I wasn't such a huge fan of the original TWD, I would have stopped watching a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son and I are frustrated by this series too. The last episode was the best so far.

Nerd Warning:

Damn you are a Nerd! =) but learning has occurred. That is a pretty cool break down of D&D and WD! Thanks.

GHB

Greg there are plenty of Tofu eating Prius drivers here in Vermont too. BUT there are more meat eating, gun owning, truck driving Vermonters!

It's kinda true. Lotsa people down here who "don't have guns" have at least two shotguns and a revolver. If you point that out to them, "well they don't count"

The black guy could be an excellent trickster type if he isn't wasted like everyone else.

"Well they don't count." Is an awesome observation.

Caeser25
09-30-15, 11:14
Which pretty much guarantees his survival. He'll be the Carol type, I predict.

Wimpy dad will come around, I predict. He's not dumb.. It's just taking some time for the new reality to sink through his long held world views. Just like Herschal. The stadium was a key bit of info that should contribute to his decision.

Mom is more pragmatic, she's been working the system to protect her flawed son. This is not as big of an adjustment for her. Might be like Rick's wife when she thought he was dead. Align to a strong protector to keep her family safe

I expect old man to help the group survive for a bit, but not sure he'll last. Daughter will become a Maggie. Already pragmatic, working the soldier for meds.

As to the ancient LT and platoon... Notice they all had 10th mtn deployment patches... Very unlikely. Someone would have missed, or had another unit experience they preferred.

They are also wearing blouse rank tabs sewn to their hats.

No platoon/Squad/team structure in sight with matching levels of NCO's either. (Maybe one surfaced)

Barrett 50s in a line NG unit??? Minimal SAW and 240b's?

But maybe less mil issues than many other shows. Seems like they at least try. Bigger budget shows like Hawaii 5-0 got things wrong dozens of times per episode.

I don't hate it, the premise is still interesting, and I'll give it benefit of doubt. They need more than half seasons though.

A NG battalion could have deployed with and served under a 10th Mtn BCT.

BGREID
09-30-15, 15:37
You guys expect a lot out of Hollywood, just try to enjoy it.

Firefly
09-30-15, 15:56
Hollywood just gives us people talking.

I want to see mayhem and gunplay

usmcvet
10-01-15, 11:41
Hollywood just gives us people talking.

I want to see mayhem and gunplay

Yeah it is a little slow. I keep expecting action at every turn. There is foreshadowing and it doesn't happen. It needs more action to survive. Lots of us are just watching because we like the other series.

Jer
10-01-15, 11:57
Lots of us are just watching because we like the other series.

To be fair, this is now the ONLY reason I watch this show. If it wasn't for TWD I would have been out be ep #2 and that's being generous in an otherwise slow TV show season. This is sucks. In every imaginable way. Probably one of the biggest let downs ever. I'm really not even sure that a massively exciting final episode of the season is going to save it for me. At this point I'm really not even sure why I'm even watching it. This show just sucks in every single quantifiable way. The characters are trash. Absolute rubbish that I don't give a hobo's crap for the welfare of. The plot super sucks. Nothing is happening. When you think something may happen they squash that after a few commercial breaks. The production value is surprisingly weak for such a highly touted & pushed (marketing wise) show. I really couldn't care any less about what happens to any of the individual characters. They get less and less likable by the episode. I just... I just don't know. Why do I watch this show and waste my time reading about it on gun forums? This seems like a shitty way to waste time before TWD starts again in a week-and-a-half. I feel like a really crap movie where I'm sitting through it and I need to see the ending just to get closure. I doubt I'm going to feel any better or worse about leaving it after an entire season though.

It's just a lame attempt to squeeze more money out of advertisers on the backs of the only thing keeping the channel going.

Big A
10-01-15, 12:37
To be fair, this is now the ONLY reason I watch this show. If it wasn't for TWD I would have been out be ep #2 and that's being generous in an otherwise slow TV show season. This is sucks. In every imaginable way. Probably one of the biggest let downs ever. I'm really not even sure that a massively exciting final episode of the season is going to save it for me. At this point I'm really not even sure why I'm even watching it. This show just sucks in every single quantifiable way. The characters are trash. Absolute rubbish that I don't give a hobo's crap for the welfare of. The plot super sucks. Nothing is happening. When you think something may happen they squash that after a few commercial breaks. The production value is surprisingly weak for such a highly touted & pushed (marketing wise) show. I really couldn't care any less about what happens to any of the individual characters. They get less and less likable by the episode. I just... I just don't know. Why do I watch this show and waste my time reading about it on gun forums? This seems like a shitty way to waste time before TWD starts again in a week-and-a-half. I feel like a really crap movie where I'm sitting through it and I need to see the ending just to get closure. I doubt I'm going to feel any better or worse about leaving it after an entire season though.

It's just a lame attempt to squeeze more money out of advertisers on the backs of the only thing keeping the channel going.

Agreed. I've only been watching it to see the beginning of the outbreak and even that has been rather disappointing. I'll probably watch all of season 1 and depending on the first few episodes of season 2 I will probably be done with it. They're gonna have to deviate a lot from TWD to make it interesting. I really don't want to watch the same show but on the left coast.

Jer
10-01-15, 12:53
Oh and for the record... it's NOT Johnny Depp. It's quite obviously Skeet Ulrich. Doy!

Don't besmirch the good name of Mr. Johnny Depp by comparing him to that no talent hack Skeet Ulrich. How dare you!

Firefly
10-01-15, 12:54
Despite its low budget, they still could've made it cool.

We see enough beta males in real life. All they needed was some Vab Halen, some self determination, and dudes coming out with hidden guns and murdering up zombies

Jer
10-01-15, 14:20

We see enough beta males in real life. All they needed was some Vab Halen, some self determination, and dudes coming out with hidden guns and murdering up zombies

To be clear I wasn't blaming the obvious low budget so much as making it another bullet-item reason why the show sucks donkey nads. Hell, I think I could make a more interesting half hour show if you guys each Paypal'd me $100USD so I'm not blaming budget so much as using it as another reason to dislike the show. It's like Star Wars making the prequels decades later for like a few grand and then dumping hundreds of thousands into marketing which is basically what I'm watching. If they could have propped up the new series a little bit more using the coffers of the established series I think this could have had tremendous potential. Personally, better characters build-up w/o even a hint of trouble the first episode or two would have been good. Instead I feel like it's 0-60 in 2.9 seconds with a top speed of 61mph and no possible change of nearing triple digit speeds which is what we all want.

SteyrAUG
10-01-15, 14:48
Taking the hippie lib arts teach on a field trip was interesting and confirmed his wuss status. Kind of a waste of a Barrett and the zed they zap looked more like it was shot with a 9mm than a freaking .50 cal.

I thought for sure he was going to take a massive scope eye.

pinzgauer
10-01-15, 16:32
A NG battalion could have deployed with and served under a 10th Mtn BCT.

Yep. What I was pointing out was that it was very statistically unlikely that they all did. Or that none had other deployments they preferred to wear.

Firefly
10-01-15, 17:17
If they called themselves the 303rd Logistical Company I would've found that amusing

Averageman
10-01-15, 20:35
I thought for sure he was going to take a massive scope eye.

I was really, really hoping so....perhaps terminal scope eye?

Here's what I am thinking, we aren't supposed to like them yet, we're supposed to hate them until the last episode when the zombies escape the stadium, kill some folks and some charater developement happens when the liberals wake up and all grab a gun or do something heroic.
We will like them then and look forward to the next season.

SteyrAUG
10-01-15, 20:45
Did anyone else catch that Daniel Salazar may not have been one of the "good guys" in El Salvador? Seems his inside knowledge comes from being one of the government oppressors.

Renegade
10-01-15, 21:20
Did anyone else catch that Daniel Salazar may not have been one of the "good guys" in El Salvador? Seems his inside knowledge comes from being one of the government oppressors.

I thought that was obvious when the torture started.

Firefly
10-01-15, 21:21
You mean Senor Miyagi. Yes, I figured early on he did some morally ambiguous things. I think as a younger man he may have been military standover man. The way he handled torture and execution. Never seems to let people know what he's thinking. That he had an event horizon and wanted a new life.

He's by far the only reason to watch.

SteyrAUG
10-01-15, 21:42
I thought that was obvious when the torture started.

It took me a little while to catch on. I always thought he was one of the "freedom fighter" crowd and that is where he got his skill sets. Then he started talking.

Renegade
10-02-15, 07:39
It took me a little while to catch on. I always thought he was one of the "freedom fighter" crowd and that is where he got his skill sets. Then he started talking.

He may have been on both sides.

Bulletdog
10-02-15, 19:47
Greg there are plenty of Tofu eating Prius drivers here in Vermont too. BUT there are more meat eating, gun owning, truck driving Vermonters!

No there aren't. Not by percentage or by actual number. CA is a big place. Two tiny little blue dots, do not a state make. There are more right wing voters in this state than any other except Texas and Texas only beats us by a couple hundred thousand.

Just saying'. Politics in CA suck, but the vast majority of people here have their head on straight. Don't let the nuts in the two big cities speak for the other 30 some odd million people.

Caeser25
10-02-15, 20:51

I know. They need to bring in a couple of gun nuts with ammo stacked to the ceiling in their basement. Some hunters with thermal, nods, and suppressors to show the other end of the spectrum.

Firefly
10-02-15, 21:04
Well...maybe not that extreme but they need what made the classics great.

A tough guy to inspire the weaker guys. A bit of levity when appropriate.

Like Troma's War. With zombies.
Or a guy like Woody Harrelson from Zombieland

Bulletdog
10-02-15, 21:10
Even this far into it, I'm not a fan of the casting. Why did it have to be a bunch of F'ed up misfits? Couldn't they have done this with a normal, still married family with a couple of normal kids. That DOES still exist here in CA. Even in the cities. Heck even in L.A.

Still, I like the show and they are doing a reasonably good job of keeping me interested and maintaining the suspense.

Like others have noted, I love that they are a bunch of soft lefties and their soft lefty policies and ideals are going to cost them their lives if they don't pull their liberal heads out of their liberal asses. I think that sends a good message to the libtards. I do think that most people in todays society would react in a similar "this isn't happening to me…" way as our main characters. We see it everyday in the news and on you tube. Members of this forum are certainly going to see things a bit differently than society at large, but I really don't think my relatives in Louisiana or Texas would react to something like this any differently than my relatives in CA. And that is not to say that any of them would react well, or as I would.

Comparing ANY show to "The Walking Dead", is just not a fair comparison. TWD got everything right. Its that one in a million chemistry that can't be predicted, forced, controlled, or willfully duplicated. Judging this new show, FTWD, on its own merits, I think its a pretty good show. I will keep watching to find out what idiotic thing these stupefied, clueless city folks do next. Loved the commentary on "going to the desert", and I agree. Unless out there in "the desert" they are going to uncle Joe's house who is a prepper with an underground bunker, a well, stockpiled food, lots of guns and ammo, a generator and hundreds of gallons of fuel to run it.

Bulletdog
10-02-15, 21:19
I know. They need to bring in a couple of gun nuts with ammo stacked to the ceiling in their basement. Some hunters with thermal, nods, and suppressors to show the other end of the spectrum.

And this is not as far from reality as some here seem to think. There are just as many gun nuts here in CA as there are anywhere else I've been, and I've been all over. We don't have basements, but I know guys with entire gun rooms stacked floor to ceiling.

This is what I hate about some Hollywood productions. The political correctness. The house where I grew up was two blocks from where the Rodney King riots started. Every able bodied male up one side of my street and down the other was armed and ready for battle. As a result those A-holes took their BS elsewhere. Not saying we knew what we were doing, and weren't scared sh*tless, but were weren't sitting back waiting for our fate like the people in FTWD. Another example: "Signs". Good movie, but why in the hell did no one pop the head off of one of those toxic gas spewing aliens with a 12 gauge? Not one gun in the entire area where that film was set? C'mon. If aliens were to invade we would see lots of those hundreds of millions of American guns in everyone's hands, holsters, or slung over a shoulder, would we not?

SteyrAUG
10-02-15, 22:10
Even this far into it, I'm not a fan of the casting. Why did it have to be a bunch of F'ed up misfits? Couldn't they have done this with a normal, still married family with a couple of normal kids. That DOES still exist here in CA. Even in the cities. Heck even in L.A.

Just be glad we don't have the obligatory "life partners" couple...yet.

Although "Fear the Walking Dead - San Francisco" might be hilarious.

"OMG they are eating me...and not in the good way..."

Bulletdog
10-02-15, 22:21
Just be glad we don't have the obligatory "life partners" couple...yet.

Although "Fear the Walking Dead - San Francisco" might be hilarious.

"OMG they are eating me...and not in the good way..."

HA! Still laughing.

Seriously now though. I'm not anti-gay. I really don't care what other people do in the privacy of their own home. Its none of my business what two consenting adults choose to do, BUT, I am sick to death of seeing homosexuals on every freakin' show on TV. Enough already. If space aliens watched our shows and judged us according to what they saw, they would think that half the Earth's population was queer. Since I am of the type that does not like having "it" shoved down my throat, I'm sick and tired of the gay community trying to shove it down my throat every frickin' day.

Hey gay people. We get it. You exist. Okay. We hear you. Now shut up about it and go about your business like the rest of us, mkayyyy?

Firefly
10-02-15, 22:40
Why can't the token gays be hot lesbians that sometimes need to be with a man?

Or hell the gay medic from Wild Geese. That was bad ass. "Oh my, you big beautiful black bastards. Such a pity we can't be friends!" Before stabbing a few up after his UZI runs dry.

We want to see characters! Not the same basic people we can see any old time.

SteyrAUG
10-02-15, 23:38
HA! Still laughing.

Seriously now though. I'm not anti-gay. I really don't care what other people do in the privacy of their own home. Its none of my business what two consenting adults choose to do, BUT, I am sick to death of seeing homosexuals on every freakin' show on TV. Enough already. If space aliens watched our shows and judged us according to what they saw, they would think that half the Earth's population was queer. Since I am of the type that does not like having "it" shoved down my throat, I'm sick and tired of the gay community trying to shove it down my throat every frickin' day.

Hey gay people. We get it. You exist. Okay. We hear you. Now shut up about it and go about your business like the rest of us, mkayyyy?

No shit. I could care less if they want their own shows. In fact give them an entire channel and just let me know so I don't accidentally surf past it. Seems like every HBO, Cinemax, Starz series is required to have gay men. With certain shows I expect it and just deal with it, like Spartacus for example, it was a damn sausage fest but historically accurate.

But why is it required on every other premium channel series? It actually has the opposite effect. I honestly don't care if anyone is gay. But I don't want to watch it. And when they screw up a good show or series with two dudes getting it on, I actually start to have an opinion and it isn't a positive one.

Jer
10-02-15, 23:45
HA! Still laughing.

Orly? I guess your idea of anti-gay & mine differ some. Maybe we can leave all this bullshit out of a topic about a zombie TV show, huh?

SteyrAUG
10-03-15, 00:05
Orly? I guess your idea of anti-gay & mine differ some. Maybe we can leave all this bullshit out of a topic about a zombie TV show, huh?

Serious question. If you don't want to watch a tv show with explicit depictions of male homosexuality, does that make you "anti gay" in your mind? And if somebody else doesn't want to watch explicit depictions of female homosexuality does that make them "anti gay" or possibly even "anti female"? Does the distinction exist based upon if the offended viewer is male or female?

Jer
10-03-15, 00:14
Serious question. If you don't want to watch a tv show with explicit depictions of male homosexuality, does that make you "anti gay" in your mind? And if somebody else doesn't want to watch explicit depictions of female homosexuality does that make them "anti gay" or possibly even "anti female"? Does the distinction exist based upon if the offended viewer is male or female?

Apparently you didn't see the word I bolded coming from a self-proclaimed not anti-gay person. It's a fairly hateful word to use in context for someone who doesn't think less of another group. Therefore I'm not addressing anything else in your post because my answers are irrelevant in the face of that.

Like I said, maybe we should just keep this thread on topic before people get the idea that gun owners are a bunch of old white bread bigoted homophobes.

SteyrAUG
10-03-15, 00:49
Apparently you didn't see the word I bolded coming from a self-proclaimed not anti-gay person. It's a fairly hateful word to use in context for someone who doesn't think less of another group. Therefore I'm not addressing anything else in your post because my answers are irrelevant in the face of that.

Like I said, maybe we should just keep this thread on topic before people get the idea that gun owners are a bunch of old white bread bigoted homophobes.

I just noticed "queer" for the first time and finally get the point you are trying to make.

So when gay people chanted "We're here, we're queer - get used to it" does that make them "anti gay." Personally I don't find "queer" all that hateful. I also refuse to accept another "N word" where one group can say it but everyone else may not.

More importantly, it isn't incorrect usage. While it has a slang connotation that is commonly pejorative, the actual definition is:

1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular:

And that would apply to homosexuality.

Jer
10-03-15, 00:54
I just noticed "queer" for the first time and finally get the point you are trying to make.

So when gay people chanted "We're here, we're queer - get used to it" does that make them "anti gay." Personally I don't find "queer" all that hateful. I also refuse to accept another "N word" where one group can say it but everyone else may not.

More importantly, it isn't incorrect usage. While it has a slang connotation that is commonly pejorative, the actual definition is:

1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular:

And that would apply to homosexuality.

Gay people don't use it to describe themselves under normal circumstances so I don't think we should either. Well, at least not those claiming to be anti-gay anyway.

I really don't feel like this is the proper venue for ANY of this topic however so I'd appreciate if we could keep the conversation about the show because there are plenty of people on this forum who will use that topic to ignite a powder keg of hate that has got our little 'group' a pretty well deserved stereotype.

BBossman
10-03-15, 07:33
Jeebus Kryst... I don't think gay folks talk about gay folks as much as straight folks on gun forums talk about gay folks. All this over the word queer? PC thought control by way of PC word control.

Since this is a zombie thread, can zombies be queer? I figure with the apparent lack of higher brain function and the endless drive to feed, they're probably asexual...

Bulletdog
10-03-15, 10:27

I don't know what "orly" means, but methinks thou are a bit overly sensitive on this topic. I'm not old or white bread, so I don't fit your stereotype, and my gay friends don't find me bigoted or anti-gay when they dine at my table or have our children play together.

Still I respect and agree with your request to keep this thread on-topic. Just wanted to answer to your comments directed at me…

BBossman, I agree with your asexual zombie assessment.

Bulletdog
10-03-15, 10:27

I don't know what "orly" means, but methinks thou are a bit overly sensitive on this topic. I'm not old or white bread, so I don't fit your stereotype, and my gay friends don't find me bigoted or anti-gay when they dine at my table or have our children play together.

Still I respect and agree with your request to keep this thread on-topic. Just wanted to answer to your comments directed at me…

BBossman, I agree with your asexual zombie assessment.

Firefly
10-03-15, 10:59
People are caring about civil rights.......on a zombie show.....

Wow. Just, wow.

People are entitled to their opinions, I suppose. Frankly, I don't care how people view me as a gun owner or whatever made up label of the month.

I had gay friends. Some died. Some were just that way (they were female) until something better came along. If people don't want to see it, they don't have to and shouldn't be berated for being honest about their dislike of it.

All that aside, zombies don't care who you screw, voted for, or your opinions. Neither do terrorists, violent criminals, aliens, or anybody else who means you ill.

And feelings change. People change. Ideas change.

Koshinn
10-03-15, 11:18

Too late.

tog
10-03-15, 11:34
I like the zombie flicks, but I think "Fear the walking dead" is getting bogged down and now moving too slow. It was supposed to show what was happening in the word when the virus first started. I was hoping to see the breakdown of society through the eyes of this family and how they went about preparing and surviving from day to day. The show is just turning into another Rick and Laura soap opera. Come on AMC-get with it and turn this show around!

Firefly
10-03-15, 15:32
I like the zombie flicks, but I think "Fear the walking dead" is getting bogged down and now moving too slow. It was supposed to show what was happening in the word when the virus first started. I was hoping to see the breakdown of society through the eyes of this family and how they went about preparing and surviving from day to day. The show is just turning into another Rick and Laura soap opera. Come on AMC-get with it and turn this show around!

Indeed. That was the point. To take the Man Comes Around spiel from the Dawn Remake and turn it into a mini series

Renegade
10-03-15, 15:36

Pretty much what I wanted too. They went from 0 to 99% dead and we saw nothing.

Bulletdog
10-04-15, 20:44
Pretty much what I wanted too. They went from 0 to 99% dead and we saw nothing.

Good point and valid complaint here. We saw rioters running around and the next episode everyone outside the fence around our little neighborhood is dead. Well… except the guy flashing his reflector from the house on the hill across the way, but we can could him in the 1% until the rifle shots went off over there.

Firefly
10-04-15, 21:17
Well......that was certainly something. It was pretty good.
The black dude is either a rich weirdo or a bank robber (his house reminded me of Neil's from Heat).

It was like the end of Day of the Dead and Senor Miyagi was right as always. Balls were grown this episode and the apocalypse is in full swing.

I half expected black dude to pull out some Colt Commandos and Sig Sauers but....no.

See....it shouldn't have taken this long to get interesting.

8/10 and the desert camo Blackhawk was badass

Korgs130
10-04-15, 22:44
The black dude is either a rich weirdo or a bank robber (his house reminded me of Neil's from Heat).

It was like the end of Day of the Dead and Senor Miyagi was right as always. Balls were grown this episode and the apocalypse is in full swing.

I half expected black dude to pull out some Colt Commandos and Sig Sauers but....no.

A good finally for sure, and you're right, it certainly did take long enough.

Iraqgunz
10-05-15, 00:05
Can we please refrain from anymore about the obligatory gay couples, etc... It's a god damn show. Almost every single series on TV in some way shape or form is incorporating the "alternative lifestyles". It's not going to change anytime soon.

My major complaint about the show was using L.A as the jump off point. So California has more people than several states combined. At this point there should be dead everywhere considering the population density.

I really want to see some MOAB's or Napalm being dropped massively. In reality I have little doubt that such measures would be undertaken almost immediately.

Firefly
10-05-15, 00:21
A theory of the black guy:

He's connected somehow. He wasn't ill or anything. He was some kind of 'dissident' which is why he was detained. Maybe not like Hawkins from Jericho but somebody in the know. He picked up on Johnny Depp's people coming to save him and he seemed too good at mind games and a bit too competent with a handgun.

He gave off a slight Collateral vibe. And I think there are other people on that boat. Possibly with weapons and provisions.
He's either a company man, a mafioso, or an associate for a government funded narcotics ring. He got tipped off early but was captured too soon.

SteyrAUG
10-05-15, 01:13

Yeah, we got potential.

Still hate Nick, and I despise the whole "my Heroin addiction has now prepared me for this strange new reality." A true heroin addict would be a major liability who would get a lot of people killed, but this show is going to lionize him and it sucks.

Still hate Travis, took too long for him to almost sort his shit out and he got Daniel's daughter shot. It came back to haunt them just as Daniel predicted. If his daughter actually died it wouldn't surprise me if Daniel killed Travis.

Can we please refrain from anymore about the obligatory gay couples, etc... It's a god damn show. Almost every single series on TV in some way shape or form is incorporating the "alternative lifestyles". It's not going to change anytime soon.

My major complaint about the show was using L.A as the jump off point. So California has more people than several states combined. At this point there should be dead everywhere considering the population density.

I really want to see some MOAB's or Napalm being dropped massively. In reality I have little doubt that such measures would be undertaken almost immediately.

I was honestly waiting for that.

When they left the fenced neighborhood I was waiting for it to get nailed.
When they told the doctor that they are still "assessing" I was waiting for the entire installation to get nailed. I was amazed that there was an actual "evac" plan and they weren't just shining her on until they could neutralize the facility. Almost nothing of value (one doctor, small security force) and lots of liability in terms of mouths to feed and people to care for who might go zombie at any moment.

In TWD they hit Atlanta pretty hard, I think they'd hit LA even harder. Also the military doesn't put into place something like Cobalt and then just walk away from it. They were planning on killing the residents even though everything was mostly under control. Having things go to hell would just ramp up the plan.

There are military bases and valuable installations nearby that the military would protect at all costs, even if it meant taking out major population centers. For right or wrong, that is what would happen. The only thing that would prevent it is if everything was already overrun and there was nothing of value left to protect or if resources were depleted and they couldn't waste them on a distant population.

SteyrAUG
10-05-15, 01:18
A theory of the black guy:

He's connected somehow. He wasn't ill or anything. He was some kind of 'dissident' which is why he was detained. Maybe not like Hawkins from Jericho but somebody in the know. He picked up on Johnny Depp's people coming to save him and he seemed too good at mind games and a bit too competent with a handgun.

He gave off a slight Collateral vibe. And I think there are other people on that boat. Possibly with weapons and provisions.
He's either a company man, a mafioso, or an associate for a government funded narcotics ring. He got tipped off early but was captured too soon.

My bet is he's a rich flake who is something of a prepper. I'm sure the boat is fully staffed, and honestly surprised they haven't sailed off without him. If he was any kind of liability to the government, he'd have never made it to the cage. He probably got caught in traffic without his papers and did something to get flagged for special treatment.

I don't think he knew anyone was coming for Nick, I think he knew Nick could get things done that he wasn't capable of doing and might know of few surviving on the street tricks that could be handy. Most of all, Nick was a cheap purchase and disposable if needed.

BBossman
10-05-15, 11:02
Travis is already a defeated man, an ex-wife AND a current girlfriend in tow? Wait until they sync up cycles... poor bastard.

ETA: Oops... just watched last night's episode, things are looking up for Travis. Although, the ex-wife was more attractive...

BGREID
10-05-15, 11:20
The ex wife is dead. Now we know you don't watch and just like to talk Shxx. Why don't you just go away?

Firefly
10-05-15, 11:32
Well....still...yay for rich weirdoes. But I just want to see better hardware.

The Latin Spice ex wife was hot. And if she had made it, I would've declared Old Testament law and roamed the earth with two wives. A blonde and a spicy latina. Yep.

And once we got on that boat we'd hoist the Jolly Roger

BBossman
10-05-15, 12:49
LOL... who are you, an advertiser on AMC? I finished watching the episode and edited my post as you were posting your little internet tizzy fit.

The ex wife is dead. Now we know you don't watch and just like to talk Shxx. Why don't you just go away?

SteyrAUG
10-05-15, 12:52
Well....still...yay for rich weirdoes. But I just want to see better hardware.

The Latin Spice ex wife was hot. And if she had made it, I would've declared Old Testament law and roamed the earth with two wives. A blonde and a spicy latina. Yep.

And once we got on that boat we'd hoist the Jolly Roger

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-13/1307/south-park-s13e07c09-now-thats-a-pirate-ship-16x9.jpg?

"We drink and we pilage and we do what we please
We get all that we want for free
We'll kick your ass and rape your lass
Somalian Pirates We

So with a yo ho ho (Yo ho ho)
And with a hee hee hee (Hee hee hee)
We take to the African sea
We'll brave the squalls and bust your balls
Somalian Pirates We (Somalian Pirates We)"

Firefly
10-05-15, 13:29
Naw bruh, dis how we be rollin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoZsgNHquM

My ideal ship would be the USS Ronald Reagan (pbuh)

nova3930
10-05-15, 13:40
Finally caught up. I'm in the OK realm on this. It's not a slam dunk home run but it's good enough to watch next season.

Good point and valid complaint here. We saw rioters running around and the next episode everyone outside the fence around our little neighborhood is dead. Well… except the guy flashing his reflector from the house on the hill across the way, but we can could him in the 1% until the rifle shots went off over there.

3 days in "Yay the Army is here, we're all saved"
Next episode: ***9 Days later*** Hey everyone out there is dead

I know you only got 6 episodes in S1 but WTF man?

Sharp Dressed Man had the best quote ever. "We returned to the old rules. And the people who won the last round, with their grande lattes and their frequent flyer miles, are about to become the buffet"

The damn barber is the only one with a half ounce of self preservation sense.

Can't find the picture to figure out exactly what it was but it wasn't Blackhawk. I think it was either a dressed up civil Bell of some variety (maybe a 429 or 407) or something they made intended to look like a UH-1Y, which I must have the US Army doesn't have in inventory in any capacity. If they'd put just a miniscule amount of effort into it they could have gotten an EC-145 and painted it green to look like a UH-72, of which over 200 are in US Army inventory, the bulk operated by the National Guard.

That's my problem with most of these types of shows. The military is always portrayed as the biggest nitwits around. After the first outpost is overrun, don't you think they'd start digging trenches around them with Hescos on the inside?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesco_bastion

Stand on hesco, zombie falls in trench, spear zombie in head. Or the fact that an Abrams or a Bradley is a zombie killing machine just by virtue of rolling forward. Splat splat splat.

And that's ultimately the problem with any zombie movie/show is that zombies are stupid and people are smart. Once you find a way to counter the zombies, they don't learn to counter you the way people would. Hang a hunk of meat over a cliff and watch the suckers go over like lemmings. Live near the grand canyon? Draw the suckers over with some noise and fill in the hole.

Still hate Nick, and I despise the whole "my Heroin addiction has now prepared me for this strange new reality." A true heroin addict would be a major liability who would get a lot of people killed, but this show is going to lionize him and it sucks.

Dude was first on my "needs to be zombie lunch" list.

Still hate Travis, took too long for him to almost sort his shit out and he got Daniel's daughter shot. It came back to haunt them just as Daniel predicted. If his daughter actually died it wouldn't surprise me if Daniel killed Travis.

Dude was 2nd on my "needs to be zombie lunch" list. My wife even called him a big fat pussy last night.

In TWD they hit Atlanta pretty hard, I think they'd hit LA even harder. Also the military doesn't put into place something like Cobalt and then just walk away from it. They were planning on killing the residents even though everything was mostly under control. Having things go to hell would just ramp up the plan.

There are military bases and valuable installations nearby that the military would protect at all costs, even if it meant taking out major population centers. For right or wrong, that is what would happen. The only thing that would prevent it is if everything was already overrun and there was nothing of value left to protect or if resources were depleted and they couldn't waste them on a distant population.

Worst case is they pull back to more remote areas that can be more easily secured. They're not going to just keep doing the same thing that doesn't work over and over until they're eradicated.

rushca01
10-05-15, 13:49
Couple random thoughts.

First, show is moving too quickly into a spinoff of twd, should have spent more time on the collapse before just being twd part two in a different city.

I actually think the writing of the characters is decent. Miyagi has a reason to be the way he is, he used to do this to people. For those hating on Travis you don't just flip a switch and start bashing people in the brain. Chris Hardwick made a good point about this on talking dead last night. You don't just go around smashing people in the brain, especially when you don't have all the facts about the virus that causes this.

Calling it now, Travis's wife is Rick Grimes sister....��

rushca01
10-05-15, 13:49
Couple random thoughts.

First, show is moving too quickly into a spinoff of twd, should have spent more time on the collapse before just being twd part two in a different city.

I actually think the writing of the characters is decent. Miyagi has a reason to be the way he is, he used to do this to people. For those hating on Travis you don't just flip a switch and start bashing people in the brain. Chris Hardwick made a good point about this on talking dead last night. You don't just go around smashing people in the brain, especially when you don't have all the facts about the virus that causes this.

Calling it now, Travis's wife is Rick Grimes sister....😎

Firefly
10-05-15, 14:09
I know Johnny Depp is eye candy for the LUG fangirls but real talk he probably has some form of Zombie HIV. His rambling about how "the world is catching up with me" wasn't insight....it was doper talk.

At this point Black dude and Senor Miyagi are the only ones worth watching. Travis Frailty might come around but...I don't care because he should've scroted up episodes ago.

I still think there's a Greg/Marcia thing between the two kids which would be weird if they pursue it.

I still wanna see Ophelia in OG-107s with a Beret and a Mk. 18 at some point. Possibly on horseback.

Renegade
10-05-15, 17:25
This show is very disappointing. Was hoping for more of the survival aspect after the outbreak (chaos, riots, food runs, thinking, planning, gang rule, etc), but instead the NG locked down their subdivision of 50 people and the rest of the city died without us seeing it. It was really not much different than Rick in TWD. Everything is normal, 2 weeks later 99% are dead.

So where are the 13 million zombies in LA? None to be found anywhere. They were not all cremated. And the stadium only hold 20,000.....

Oh, and ex-wife wife has flesh wound and will die from infection, but daughter has a through bullet wound to upper chest and she is OK.......

NG needs to hassle kids for car keys when there are humvees and 6x6 available which do not require keys?.......

Still nobody thinks, hey maybe that M16 will come in useful and pick it up.....

And of course, not a single criminal element on the street to be found.....

fallenromeo
10-05-15, 17:29
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-13/1307/south-park-s13e07c09-now-thats-a-pirate-ship-16x9.jpg?

"We drink and we pilage and we do what we please
We get all that we want for free
We'll kick your ass and rape your lass
Somalian Pirates We

So with a yo ho ho (Yo ho ho)
And with a hee hee hee (Hee hee hee)
We take to the African sea
We'll brave the squalls and bust your balls
Somalian Pirates We (Somalian Pirates We)"

Best post yet

SteyrAUG
10-05-15, 18:10
This show is very disappointing. Was hoping for more of the survival aspect after the outbreak (chaos, riots, food runs, thinking, planning, gang rule, etc), but instead the NG locked down their subdivision of 50 people and the rest of the city died without us seeing it. It was really not much different than Rick in TWD. Everything is normal, 2 weeks later 99% are dead.

So where are the 13 million zombies in LA? None to be found anywhere. They were not all cremated. And the stadium only hold 20,000.....

Oh, and ex-wife wife has flesh wound and will die from infection, but daughter has a through bullet wound to upper chest and she is OK.......

NG needs to hassle kids for car keys when there are humvees and 6x6 available which do not require keys?.......

Ex wife didn't just have a flesh wound, it was a bite. But agree on everything else. If I was one of the kids I'd be figuring out a hummer and it would be loaded with M4s. The NG could have my SUV.

Firefly
10-05-15, 19:58
Still, that was a badass chopper though.
Why couldn't they have befriended the Devil May Care pilot too?

usmcvet
10-05-15, 21:42

The FA firing at the zombie mon at the gate was lame too. My son kept asking why is he hitting with the shotgun. I said I didn't think he had ammo. I kept saying weapons. You need weapons. The kitchen would have been a great place to collect some knives!

When the dad walked back to the compound a few episodes ago I was saying. Ummmm there are several HUMVEE's right there. Take one.

Firefly
10-05-15, 21:49
I think if they portrayed the military as competent and professional, then the zombie apocalypse would probably not last very long.

Like Shaun of the Dead.

Dudes Mozambique drilling zeds, suppressive fire, mortaring or rocketing zed hives, and A-10 strikes would make it pretty short.

In Day of the Dead...they were slightly post Carter era soldiers with severe cabin fever. While a bit angsty, they weren't crazy. They were just sick of the nuke silo and only one woman.

To see a geriatric 1LT with combat patches allowing that quick of deterioration of command and bearing was a groaner.

Zed patrols of dudes in Convoys going Zed Popping while singing 90s pop songs would've been more realistic and entertaining.

Talon167
10-06-15, 07:12
Hard to get into this show. I’ve watched them all thus far but am just not feeling the characters. Plot’s decent, but I’m just not feelin’ it. At least the real one starts soon…

usmcvet
10-06-15, 08:37
I enjoyed the last episode because there was action. The Victor and the Daniel are my favorite characters. They see things for what they are. They are survivors. And the yacht is promising but he better have some weapons! Gonna need them. I had to look their names up. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Fear_The_Walking_Dead_Characters

BBossman
10-09-15, 15:34
AMC president Charlie Collier said in a statement. “To see this show stand alone, break through and set records as a unique piece of storytelling is very gratifying and a tribute to great creative talent.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/09/fear-walking-dead-ratings-record-season-1

Firefly
10-09-15, 15:56
They need to bring back the fat kid. A hobbit surviving by wit. Maybe he teamed up with the cop.

I hope they waste the fop. Walking dead reruns remind me that despite Rick's denial, mistakes, and moments of weak; He'd scrote up and blast a sucker when needed.

Not this "oh you know how I feel about guns".

I can handwave the Colt Python because Georgia can be lenient with personal duty weapons (especially sheriffs) and maybe it was his dad's and he was just really used to it. Like his dad bought it in the 70s. Giving up a $4000 dollar gun to the GBI would be hard....and a SMith 686 or 627 would be easier to swallow.

But the only police in Georgia I ever met that didn't have a stash was some dude from like New York City who said "yeah only cawps should have guns". Nobody hung out with him much at that class.

So when Rick went home there should have been ARs, AKs, a FAL, a few 9s, and at least one 10/22.

Also I haven't seen him dip or smoke. Shane was dead accurate though. So was the evil police girl. All their ATL gear was accurate. And I've known (maybe loved) ice queens like that. Kind of a lesbo vibe but it's just a veneer. If you win their trust, it can get passionate until two hardcore Type A personalities clash and then you realize it just won't work unless somebody quits, so it should be you. Because you're the girl. Oh I'm the girl am I?! Well this girl isn't quitting. You quit. You got college. Oh...yeah...and be a housebroken male? Not ME sister.

And then one last grudge tryst and maybe a civil text on holidays so....

Yeah. I forgot how good Walking Deads characters were.

BGREID
10-09-15, 17:55
I like the show, not as much as TWD but it is OK. I am sure we will lose a few of the main characters and gain some new ones next season. Maybe I just don't expect to much from Hollywood.

mig1nc
10-09-15, 18:58
IIRC Ophelia's LT boyfriend was still alive after getting his face bashed in by Travis, right?

If so, my money is on him coming back in a future episode (Murle!) and being like their version of the Governor.

Firefly
10-09-15, 19:37
IIRC Ophelia's LT boyfriend was still alive after getting his face bashed in by Travis, right?

If so, my money is on him coming back in a future episode (Murle!) and being like their version of the Governor.

I severely doubt that. LT died while trying to back up the other squad. Senorita's BF was a 30 year old PFC. He's toast as the base was overrun and he wasn't much of a fighter

I desperately want to see Fat Kid and the prepper policeman come back. Maybe teamed up.

Bulletdog
03-17-16, 23:30
April 10th. Season Two starts.

They reportedly got picked up for 15 more episodes.

Shao
03-18-16, 07:56
I like the show, not as much as TWD but it is OK. I am sure we will lose a few of the main characters and gain some new ones next season. Maybe I just don't expect to much from Hollywood.

Same here... I do enjoy it though as the best part of any zombie movie IMHO is the initial outbreak (if there is one).

BGREID
04-13-16, 22:00
Anyone still watching?

Koshinn
04-13-16, 22:55
Yeah. I think the first episode this season was one of the worst episodes of any TV show I've ever seen. And I've watched a lot of TV.

It was on the level of the worst True Blood episodes. And that was eye gougingly bad.

Bulletdog
04-13-16, 23:07
Yeah. I think the first episode this season was one of the worst episodes of any TV show I've ever seen. And I've watched a lot of TV.

It was on the level of the worst True Blood episodes. And that was eye gougingly bad.

Awe. C'mon. It wasn't that bad. I rather enjoyed it. Although I wanted to throw that ungrateful little punk overboard with his mom.

I got to see the "Abigail" in person. Neat boat. I want one.

What is Mr. Strand's deal? What's his angle? Why is he letting these people tag along?

mig1nc
04-14-16, 06:05
I had high hopes, but the characters are just so anathema to my thought process it's making it very hard.

But that boat is sweet AF. Definitely, if I had to survive the zombie apocalypse, it would do on a yacht.

Koshinn
04-14-16, 07:49
Awe. C'mon. It wasn't that bad. I rather enjoyed it. Although I wanted to throw that ungrateful little punk overboard with his mom.

I got to see the "Abigail" in person. Neat boat. I want one.

What is Mr. Strand's deal? What's his angle? Why is he letting these people tag along?

The kid was dumb, he's just a whiny brat and I was hoping the zombies floating would get him.

The girl was obviously getting played via the radio... obvious after like the first 5 seconds of the conversation.

The mom was being completely unreasonable with the survivors floating on that ship. WTF, they're already low or out of food and supplies and they only have 8 people, yet want to take on 30 more people? What if they're infected? What if they're criminals? What if they just think they should be running things? What if they all have good intentions now they can't possibly feed everyone and everyone starves?

The dad was boring but ok.

The old dude was above average this episode, but he seemed awesome because of the low bar.

The older son/former addict, as obviously the hero in the show, was ok. But he took a dumb risk.

Strand is a mystery and the only actually "interesting" character in the show besides the old dude. BUT, he seems way too prepared. As if he knew he was in a zombie TV show. And that's pretty annoying in its own way.

SIGguy229
04-14-16, 10:23
What cracks me up is none of the characters appears to have seen a zombie movie ever. You'd think they wouldn't have to learn by bleeding that the "walkers" are zombies and you shouldn't get bitten by them, but you should shoot/stab them in the head.

Singlestack Wonder
04-14-16, 10:35
What cracks me up is none of the characters appears to have seen a zombie movie ever. You'd think they wouldn't have to learn by bleeding that the "walkers" are zombies and you shouldn't get bitten by them, but you should shoot/stab them in the head.

Its safe to say that in the Walking Dead universe that it is presumed that there has never been a zombie movie thus the inexperience in dealing with the zombies.

usmcvet
04-14-16, 10:42
I bought episode 1 instead of the entire season. I'm not sure if I'm in for the whole season.

Bulletdog
04-14-16, 10:57
The kid was dumb, he's just a whiny brat and I was hoping the zombies floating would get him.

The girl was obviously getting played via the radio... obvious after like the first 5 seconds of the conversation.

The mom was being completely unreasonable with the survivors floating on that ship. WTF, they're already low or out of food and supplies and they only have 8 people, yet want to take on 30 more people? What if they're infected? What if they're criminals? What if they just think they should be running things? What if they all have good intentions now they can't possibly feed everyone and everyone starves?

The dad was boring but ok.

The old dude was above average this episode, but he seemed awesome because of the low bar.

The older son/former addict, as obviously the hero in the show, was ok. But he took a dumb risk.

Strand is a mystery and the only actually "interesting" character in the show besides the old dude. BUT, he seems way too prepared. As if he knew he was in a zombie TV show. And that's pretty annoying in its own way.

Agreed on all counts, but I still like the show and I'm still gonna watch it.

Lnxgeek
04-14-16, 12:22
Its safe to say that in the Walking Dead universe that it is presumed that there has never been a zombie movie thus the inexperience in dealing with the zombies.

Yes, Kirkman has stated this in interviews.

pinzgauer
04-14-16, 14:41

He was very annoying at first, and I think he's like Carol in TWD. We were supposed to view them as weak, maybe even dislike them.

But his addict resourcefulness is surfacing, and Strand recognized that early on

Ahhh, it's TV. Strand makes it interesting, and gives a premise to have it be different than "zombies ate them all".

we'll get a season of learning his backstory in tidbits. I'm not sure that I think he knew this would happen. Just that something might. And might be just rich enough to have done that prep anyway.

The main premise is people having to shift mindset from civilized world to survival. They *have* to show their learning curve. Even TWD walks the line between callous mis-trust of everyone and maintaining your humanity. It's what makes both shows interesting.

Accordingly, I'll give FTWD a chance. (Especially since it's free)

Firefly
04-14-16, 15:59
Haven't watched. Don't feel like I've missed much.

sevenhelmet
04-14-16, 16:19
Agreed. I lost interest in "Fear TWD". The same nutjobs as TWD, just in different clothing. TWD itself is still entertaining, but I am slowly moving on from it as well. Great concept for a show, but it's starting to feel drawn out with no end in sight (my understanding is that's sort of the point).

Alex V
04-14-16, 18:46

Yes, Kirkman has stated this in interviews.

So I read this as well. In that universe zombie movies don't exist so there is no frame of reference. However, lately I've read the comics. Started at comic 100 to 153 and then started with 1 and at at 89 now. The characters in the comics say the word "zombie" multiple times.

Sooooooooo not sure what's going on.

djegators
04-14-16, 18:53
As usual, most of the characters are dumb most of the time...but then again, I tend to think most people are stupid, LOL.

Definitely something going on with Strand....should be very interesting to see what. I mean, unless he has some particular need, I don't see why he wanted a ship of fools for the apocalypse...

Firefly
04-14-16, 19:00
This is why I always go back to the Romero trilogy.
There was always someone with a lick of sense.

NOTLD: The black dude tried to be practical.

Dawn: The SWAT guys were just badass

Day: oddly enough I could see the point of the Scientist girl and the Captain. Both saw the pointlessness of their situation but reverted to what they knew.

When you're outnumbered 250,000 to 1 and stuck in a nuke silo, and may well be the only people left alive...what else can you do?

But these people suck. Doubt I'll watch TWD again. I don't even care to know who got beaten to death

TAZ
04-14-16, 20:57
When you're outnumbered 250,000 to 1 and stuck in a nuke silo, and may well be the only people left alive...what else can you do?

Depends... Was she hot?

TWD has begun a very steep downhill slide. The repetative plot lines from season to season without any lessons learned are getting old. Im not very creative so I get that it isnt easy to come up with crap, but come on man. Find place, do something stupid, loose place, get caught get rescued...

FTWD had promise, and may still get it done. I was willing to put up with the disbelief and trust of the giv in season 1, but there comes a time when you have to nut up and make the hard choices to protect your family.

Firefly
04-14-16, 21:38
I thought she was hot.

sevenhelmet
04-14-16, 23:19
Depends... Was she hot?

TWD has begun a very steep downhill slide. The repetative plot lines from season to season without any lessons learned are getting old. Im not very creative so I get that it isnt easy to come up with crap, but come on man. Find place, do something stupid, loose place, get caught get rescued...

FTWD had promise, and may still get it done. I was willing to put up with the disbelief and trust of the giv in season 1, but there comes a time when you have to nut up and make the hard choices to protect your family.

I think TWD is hanging in there entertainment-wise. I'm 2 or 3 episodes behind where the show is, but I like some of the developments this season. At least it's moving quicker and not dragging out each skirmish over 3 episodes. That crap almost made me quit watching last season. If it goes for 10-12 seasons, I may get over it eventually, but I'm still in for now. Fear TWD just didn't reel me in quite the same way. Maybe if I had more time for TV shows- but then, I'd probably go shooting more instead :).

Lnxgeek
04-18-16, 10:48
A 3rd season, has been announced for 2017. It will be 16 episodes.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/fear-the-walking-dead-renewed-for-season-3-on-amc-1201754580/

Not sure if it will get any better ...

Firefly
04-18-16, 11:05
Wow some of youse are still watching this.

I'm still upset that the flat chested girl I thought was kinda hot turned out to be a dude. Screw this show and everyone involved. Not even Senor Miyagi has compelled me to watch anymore

pinzgauer
04-18-16, 11:12
Not even Senor Miyagi has compelled me to watch anymore

I'm holding out for some "Senor Miyagi with an HK MP5" action

You got another working out anger issues on walkers with a pickaxe, growing potential

Arik
04-18-16, 11:17
Wow some of youse are still watching this.

Yep.

Some of are better at expressing why or why not you still watch. I can't tell you why except that it still entertains me. I don't really care if they do tactical shit or not. Some stuff is a little annoying but aver all its still entertaining to me

Firefly
04-18-16, 11:48
Senor Miyagi with an MP5?

Interesting. I may tune in next week.

But he should have a wood stock AK74 or a FN FAL at some point.

ETA I wish the bitchy blonde died instead of Latin Spice. That girl was fine.

Arik
04-18-16, 12:05
It was a 22lr.

Firefly
04-18-16, 12:14
It was a 22lr.

The MP5? I'd sooner they use a really well made airsoft than something like that.

They act like people won't notice

Arik
04-18-16, 12:15
The MP5? I'd sooner they use a really well made airsoft than something like that.

They act like people won't notice
I can't be sure but for a second it looked like the mag on the 22lr version. The one with the cutout. Imfdb says it's an MP5A2 but with no screen shot, just a stock photo

Well, only people here would notice

pinzgauer
04-18-16, 13:02
I can't be sure but for a second it looked like the mag on the 22lr version. The one with the cutout. Imfdb says it's an MP5A2 but with no screen shot, just a stock photo

I chose to believe that Senor M would have spit in disgust upon seeing it was a 22 when unwrapped.

I expect it will magically transform to 9mm before its over with.

Then again, I don't get the sense Strange is a shooter...

Mom looks like she's put on some weight since last season, must be too many carbs on the boat. (Eatin Navy peas...)

And daughter looks worse as well.

It's TV... I'm kind of glad they've branched out from the AK folders and SPRs. The Citori and hunting style bolt guns were reasonable calls given it's set in CA.

mig1nc
04-18-16, 17:05
Yeah, I also noticed the 22 mags in the MP5.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Renegade
04-18-16, 17:14
I'm holding out for some "Senor Miyagi with an HK MP5" action

You got another working out anger issues on walkers with a pickaxe, growing potential

more like GSG-5 22LR action. Clear magazine was dead giveaway.

This show is low-budget, they could not afford to even rent a MP5.

mig1nc
04-18-16, 17:20
But they got a bad ass boat.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HKGuns
04-18-16, 17:47
That is a very nice boat. :)

Averageman
04-18-16, 17:54
I missed last nights episode so I'm a bit out of the loop.
I got a little tired of hearing "TWD Comics" are so much better that I bought the first one and everyone who told me that was correct. So correct I'm now the proud owner of $50 worth of Comics, oh, excuse me....
Graphic Novels.

Renegade
04-18-16, 17:56
But they got a bad ass boat.

Got significantly smaller since season 1, but still nice, but not $10M nice.