PDA

View Full Version : RANGE 15

docsherm
05-19-15, 13:03
I can't believe that no one has posted anything about this yet. The guys at ART 15 and Ranger Up are teaming up to make a MOVIE. It should be EPIC!!!

From what I gathered it has to be a Zombie movie. In less than 6 days they meet the needed funds. Now they are trying to make it bigger. I donated just to get a shirt... ;)

More Information: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/range-15-movie#/story

VIDEO HERE:

https://youtu.be/cp3p0_T3dpc

http://res.cloudinary.com/indiegogo-media-prod-cld/image/upload/c_limit,w_620/v1431712202/wgutfjbok2vwsrrd9wys.jpg

http://res.cloudinary.com/indiegogo-media-prod-cld/image/upload/c_limit,w_620/v1431927139/gjsdbekxhkxysdrekfj5.jpg

"Welcome to the machine.
Range 15 was spawned from the veterans that make up Ranger Up and Article 15, the two largest military lifestyle brands on the planet. For years, we’ve given you badass clothing and videos, but last October, while sitting in a bar and drinking an inappropriate amount of alcohol, we decided to join forces and make the greatest movie ever. Then we sobered up and realized we didn’t really know how to make a movie. Then we got drunk again and realized that God hates a coward.

Knowing we needed a director good enough to make our vision a reality and crazy enough to read our script and not call the authorities, we broke into Ross Patterson’s house in the middle of the night and flashbanged his bedroom. When the smoke cleared, he was in sitting in his smoking jacket wearing an eye patch, pipe in hand. “I’ll make your movie,” he said. “But first, you’ll have to dance for me.” We promised we’d never talk about what happened next.

We’re making the military movie you’ve always wanted someone to make: relentless ball busting, guns, explosions, hot chicks, booze, and more guns. We will not dramatically salute each other. We will kill lots of shit, all while using our weapons correctly. Again, there will be hot chicks. Mat will probably sleep with all of them. And I mean that both in the movie and in real life. Seriously, that guy has a real problem. Tim Kennedy may or may not be oiled up in a loin cloth."

skijunkie55
05-19-15, 13:26
Would I be willing to spend $150K to be the hero for 2 minutes in an action movie made by these guys? Yeah... Definitely.
Time to go start my own crowd sourcing campaign so I can do that role :p

jwfuhrman
05-19-15, 13:28
Sounds like Marcus Luttrell is on board as well!

Jellybean
05-19-15, 13:29
Yep- saw this the other week.
If their usual youtube fare is anything to go by... this might be the movie of the century.... :laugh:
I may have to dredge up some spare shekels to put on this one.

SteyrAUG
05-19-15, 14:27
Man that is gonna be all like "pew pew" and then like "pew pew."

:sarcastic:

davidjinks
05-19-15, 14:51
Delete

Koshinn
05-19-15, 15:08
Tossed in a benjamin!

Moose-Knuckle
05-31-15, 04:40
Damn how did I miss this?!

Thanks for posting it Doc.

skijunkie55
01-26-16, 10:47
Official trailer for Range 15 is up! Contains some language. maybe NSFW?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss63UOd4P84

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-26-16, 11:05
William Shatner is a complete whore.

I'm literally speechless. They'll need subtitles for all the inside jokes.

jpmuscle
01-26-16, 11:13
This is awesome, truly

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Outlander Systems
01-26-16, 11:14
Full-Frontal Bikini Snap...aaaaaaaand go!

docsherm
01-26-16, 11:46
EPIC!!!!!

Big A
01-26-16, 12:34
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

TXBK
01-26-16, 12:44
Money well spent.

MegademiC
01-26-16, 13:44
Just a couple days ago I was wondering what was going on with this. Thanks for the update.

Vandal
01-26-16, 15:51
The trailer was released first at Sundance, yes that Sundance Movie Fest. Then turned loose on the rest of us. Range 15 will be the only indie movie I see all year, can't freakin' wait!

Mauser KAR98K
01-26-16, 15:59
Man, so damn cool.

Now I want a buritto.

Moose-Knuckle
01-26-16, 16:12
Hah, Capt. Dale Dye plays POTUS!

Acting talent includes Danny Trejo, Sean Astin, William ****'n Shatner, Kieth David, Randy Couture. Which I'll ass-u-me are mostly cameos.

Damn this looks cool as all get out.

cbx
01-26-16, 16:52
Yeah, it's a unique movie, which hasn't quite been done like this before.

I'm excited to buy a copy. Should kick ass. Even if it doesn't, I'll still be happy to buy one.

docsherm
02-01-16, 15:33
New behind the scenes short.

https://youtu.be/2hZZi8SokE0

SeriousStudent
02-01-16, 21:51
New behind the scenes short.

Exxxxxxxxcellent. :)

cbx
02-01-16, 21:59
https://youtu.be/9e0_YWYjuYU

cbx
02-01-16, 22:01
This one is a little more serious. It gives a little bit of insight into behind article 15.

https://youtu.be/oqSBHh3sbh0

Endur
02-02-16, 02:13
You know I have been following this for a while and I have been highly anticipating this. I have no idea how I forgot to post it.

Vandal
05-26-16, 00:08
I'm pretty sure this is the original thread. Anyway, the movie is coming out on June 15th. I bought my tickets today for myself and a few buddies.
The link to buy tickets is here: Range 15 Locations and Tickets (https://www.tugg.com/titles/range-15).

Red Band Trailer Here:
https://youtu.be/Ss63UOd4P84

If you enjoyed the trailer, go see it. I'm looking forward to it.

Firefly
05-26-16, 00:41
Tim Kennedy naked as the day God made him?

Yep. Gonna have to see this.
(No Homo).

This looks more like Zombieland with down rangy types and I liked Zombieland

Endur
05-26-16, 02:26
I got my tickets as well. Cannot wait.

WickedWillis
05-26-16, 11:38
Looks like it will be playing here in CDA! Buying tickets today

Alex V
05-26-16, 12:11
Have to drive about an hour for a theater which will actually show it. Oh well, tickets purchased.

Firefly
05-26-16, 12:17
pending or sold out.

screw it. I'll wait til it can be streamed.

I imagine it would be a hoot to enjoy with a bunch of loud and drunken people but...this is SyFy original movie looking quality and I don't feel like putting myself out.

docsherm
05-26-16, 17:58
got my tickets to my local theater........ that has a bar.... :dirol:

Lnxgeek
05-30-16, 10:26
Just got my ticket.

Only 15 left after my purchase, looks like it's going to be sold out.

Good for them.

WickedWillis
05-31-16, 13:09
pending or sold out.

screw it. I'll wait til it can be streamed.

I imagine it would be a hoot to enjoy with a bunch of loud and drunken people but...this is SyFy original movie looking quality and I don't feel like putting myself out.

I think the price of admission (small) is worth it to support these guys in my opinion.

Firefly
05-31-16, 13:19
I think the price of admission (small) is worth it to support these guys in my opinion.

But it's sold out. I would go otherwise.
I would have to do some extra driving to see a B movie.

I would offer to sneak in with a stool and mail them 15 dollars for admission but that wouldn't work.

Pretty sure they'll get my money once I can DL or stream it.

WickedWillis
05-31-16, 13:21
But it's sold out. I would go otherwise.
I would have to do some extra driving to see a B movie.

I would offer to sneak in with a stool and mail them 15 dollars for admission but that wouldn't work.

Pretty sure they'll get my money once I can DL or stream it.

I read it wrong. I took streaming, as "free streaming"

WillBrink
06-07-16, 15:35
So? Anyone seen it yet?

I donated $25 to the project, which apparently not enough to see the movie...

djegators
06-07-16, 17:34
So? Anyone seen it yet?

I donated $25 to the project, which apparently not enough to see the movie...

Might be going when it is showing here, next week.

Firefly
06-07-16, 19:06
Does anyone know when this will be available for Download?

Would like to go to theatre but sold out.

I imagine it'll be like Z Nation, Zombieland, and have a lot of military in jokes.

But I still want to see it because I think the girl with the amputated arms is cute.
Didn't know who she was until I googled her and can emphatically state she has bigger balls than me.

Voodoochild
06-07-16, 19:52
So is this limited to select theaters or certain areas?

Vandal
06-07-16, 19:58
It's kind of a limited release. Someone has to basically sponsor the film at a local theater. Then a specific number of tickets needs to be sold for it to actually play. The ticket website has more details.

Range 15 Theaters (https://www.tugg.com/titles/range-15)

WillBrink
06-08-16, 07:23
It's kind of a limited release. Someone has to basically sponsor the film at a local theater. Then a specific number of tickets needs to be sold for it to actually play. The ticket website has more details.

Range 15 Theaters (https://www.tugg.com/titles/range-15)

I'm still a little miffed my $25 didn't even get me a ticket, but it was supporting a good cause, so I'll get over it. Gonna wait 'till it's streamed.

Endur
06-10-16, 00:47
I'm still a little miffed my $25 didn't even get me a ticket, but it was supporting a good cause, so I'll get over it. Gonna wait 'till it's streamed.

Different donations received different perks. I got a t-shirt.

WillBrink
06-10-16, 08:20
Different donations received different perks. I got a t-shirt.

Yes, always tiers for donations, just surprised that didn't at least get me a streamed access when it goes to streaming. No shirt neither. Oh well, I'll live.

chuckman
06-10-16, 09:26
Huh. I got box seats, center row. Hookers, blow, beer, a T-shirt (it was a medium, too small), and a commemorative keychain.

docsherm
06-10-16, 09:37
I will be seeing it on the 15th. Should be good for some serious laughter. Looking forward to it.

I understand those of us that donated enough for the DVD perk should get it sometime soon as they are coming out after the movie release.

WillBrink
06-10-16, 10:15
Huh. I got box seats, center row. Hookers, blow, beer, a T-shirt (it was a medium, too small), and a commemorative keychain.

Are you mocking me sir?! Bastad...

Endur
06-10-16, 22:08
HAHA! I really wanted to donate enough to be an extra. Maybe next time.

Firefly
06-10-16, 22:25
HAHA! I really wanted to donate enough to be an extra. Maybe next time.

If I could be an extra, I'd want to be a Zombie wearing a Thriller jacket

Endur
06-10-16, 22:57
If I could be an extra, I'd want to be a Zombie wearing a Thriller jacket

I'd want to be the crazy drunk, the tinfoil hat guy (like Farva in Dukes of Hazard), or an Eastwood style bada** who gets merc'd in some hilarious way.

Vandal
06-11-16, 09:13
I found out I have to travel for product training that day, already have my ticket too. Damn. Guess I'll have to wait until I can either stream it or buy it.

At least I'm getting a company paid trip to Seattle in one of their cars.

docsherm
06-15-16, 22:46
That was an epically funny movie. It was well worth it and just plan fun to watch.

Endur
06-15-16, 22:48
That was an epically funny movie. It was well worth it and just plan fun to watch.

That is good to know.

I could not make it. We had some bad storms. My area lost power and my apt was 90+ degrees inside. I did not want to leave the dog alone. An open seat for the lost.

docsherm
06-15-16, 22:55
It will be out on DVD soon and they are doing a full length documentary on it to be released in September. That should also be just as funny.

kwelz
06-16-16, 00:13
Saw it tonight with some friends. I guarantee you it was the safest damn theater in the Kentuckiana area. :D

Movie was great. Funny as hell. Never serious for a moment. Well worth it.

Spurholder
06-16-16, 05:19
Agreed. Damn, that was funny.

The "hot curling iron" quip is going to be used today at some point.

usmcvet
06-16-16, 06:32
It was awesome. I had a blast.

Watrdawg
06-16-16, 07:15
Saw it last night and at points I couldn't stop laughing. Hilarious!!

Endur
06-16-16, 08:33
An encore is being promoted. I RSVP'd a ticket!

djegators
06-16-16, 08:56
Saw it last night, enjoyed it, very funny...I am sure the veterans enjoyed it more than me, as that was more the target audience. The use of firearms was excellent of course, and I am wondering how many inquiries Agency Arms is getting today, they were freaking all over that movie.

Whiskey_Bravo
06-16-16, 09:21
Saw it last night, enjoyed it, very funny...I am sure the veterans enjoyed it more than me, as that was more the target audience. The use of firearms was excellent of course, and I am wondering how many inquiries Agency Arms is getting today, they were freaking all over that movie.

lol, just went to their website. Those are some expensive slides. They look awesome though.

Alex V
06-16-16, 16:54
Saw it last night with the wife. As other have said, I'm sure I missed some inside jokes having never been in the military but we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lnxgeek
06-23-16, 17:04
Going in 90 mins, hope it's good.

Endur
06-29-16, 21:48
Saw it today. Holy this movie has hilarious. So many lines that can be quoted one would have to watch it five or six times. Top five comedy here.

"Challenge coins are pogue kryptonite, they just cannot resist."

jpmuscle
06-29-16, 22:16
I need to see this

KalashniKEV
06-30-16, 07:57

Same here, my event took place, but I knew planning to go to the movies weeks in advance, buying the ticket, and trying to make it was not going to work out. Life intervened.

I guess I won't feel bad about downloading it, since I already paid.

Failure2Stop
06-30-16, 08:01
Just saw it.
Funny moments, but very much personality and joke-centric over plot or story. Basically an extended version of the youtube stuff.
Still enjoyable.

TAZ
06-30-16, 11:14
Waiting for the DVD. Life got in the way of seeing it on the big screen. Not expecting plot, but by God if it's missing freedom tits I'm gonna be pissed.

usmcvet
06-30-16, 11:49
Waiting for the DVD. Life got in the way of seeing it on the big screen. Not expecting plot, but by God if it's missing freedom tits I'm gonna be pissed.

I don't think there was any nudity. Some suggestive scenes for sure but no T&A. I suppose there was a midget and a huge C but no T&A! I don't want to wreck it. I laughed my ass off during the movie.

MountainRaven
08-17-16, 21:46
It's now available on iTunes and Amazon for $19.99.

I'mma see if I can stream it on my Xbox tonight or tomorrow.

(The reviews on Amazon are hilarious.)

markm
08-17-16, 22:07
Much better than I had expected. I took my son to see it a few weeks back... worrying that it'd be horrible. But funny stuff. Mil specific humor at times, but I was surprised on the upside.

Vandal
08-18-16, 00:24
I finally saw it tonight. Pretty much laughed my ass off the entire time. You can tell they had a limited budget but it was well done.

bighawk
08-18-16, 07:27
Thought the movie was hilarious. I'm glad to see these guys getting support all over the place I think they're funny as hell.

Falar
08-18-16, 08:33
Man, I missed out on this.

Laughing so hard at some of these T-shirts right now I have tears in my eyes.

WickedWillis
08-18-16, 10:47
It's now available on iTunes and Amazon for $19.99.

I'mma see if I can stream it on my Xbox tonight or tomorrow.

(The reviews on Amazon are hilarious.)

I was going to rent in on Prime last night, but it wasn't available for rent. I don't buy digital movies, so I'll just wait for Bluray.

HES
08-20-16, 22:35
My son and I watched it. It was more stupid than Battleship and therefore more awesome than Battleship. On the Waterfront this ain't. Hell it wasn't even Jackass or Bad Grandpa. It was just pure juvenile, asinine fun. Sure we could feel each brain cell wink out of existence as we watched it. However in the end we both felt it was well worth it. Pure stupid fun and I will watch it over and over again LOL.

markm
08-20-16, 23:38
I had hoped to see it in the theater again before it went download fag mode. Seeing is with a bunch of vets and on board viewers was nice.

Koshinn
08-20-16, 23:54
Did anyone who supported the initial crowd funding campaign actually get their DVD yet?

I have not.

SeriousStudent
08-20-16, 23:57
Did anyone who supported the initial crowd funding campaign actually get their DVD yet?

I have not.

Not yet. But I'm going to buy a couple of DVD's to give to the minions.

austinN4
08-21-16, 07:31
NetFlix shows the DVD release date as Unknown so it isn't out yet, but I added it to my Q for when it is.

Hadn't heard about it previously, so thanks for the necro posts.

docsherm
08-21-16, 10:53

I have not.

Last word I got is that the DVD was being packaged up. It will be sent to those that helped the movie and then placed in a general release.