PDA

View Full Version : upper/lower tests...?

mat10x
07-16-08, 11:39
along the lines of barrel testing...do companies that make forged uppers/lowers like LMT, CMT etc...test their uppers/lowers in some way? or are they all pretty much the same in terms of strength and thickness? ie, is a noveske/CMT/stag the same as a LMT or Colt upper/lower or any forged brand for that matter...?

thx.

MBRMan
07-16-08, 11:48
Pretty much all the same.:(

MBR

markm
07-16-08, 11:55
There is testing done.

If you dig up one of those "Book of the AR15" magazines... I can't remember what year... but..

There was an article on Armalite's AR production. The do some sort of testing/inspection on the forged platters that they put into the production of their receivers. I can't remember the exact process they go through, but there was some level of quality check.

MBRMan
07-16-08, 11:57
Wow...So much for "First hand information" on this site. They're pretty much all the same. Of course they're inspected, but among quality suppliers they're pretty much all the same.

MBR

markm
07-16-08, 12:02
but among quality suppliers they're pretty much all the same.

Indeed. Stick with any good company, and you shouldn't have a problem or anything to worry about. I can't remember if Armalite was doing destructive testing on the platters or not off the top of my head.

Strength and thickness are probably less of a concern than accurate machining anyway.