PDA

View Full Version : Charity Warning - Armed Forces Foundation

26 Inf
05-22-15, 21:52
It seems that a lot of non-profits are in the news lately. I picked up this link from ESPN on a racing forum I frequent:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12925269/kurt-busch-ex-girlfriend-used-armed-forces-foundation-personal-bank-documents-show

If anybody wants I can post the entire article, but in essence if you are contributing or plan to contribute to this charity, find another for the time being. One portion of the report states there is a 20% discrepancy between what the charity says it spends on veteran programs and what it actually does. In addition there are charges that the charities CEO, NASCAR driver Kurt Busch's former girlfriend, uses the charity to pay for personal expenses and to pay the expenses of her privately held for profit business.

If you are giving to them, I'd suggest finding another until this shakes out.

Abraham
05-23-15, 08:07
I have zero faith in so-called charities.

Most are highly suspect.

Give money to or pay the bills for or buy groceries for the needy.

I favor buying groceries or paying bills that I actually see the invoices for.

You know for certain the money you spent was well spent...

Sensei
05-23-15, 10:50
Well, it sounds like somebody knows how to handle the situation.

The couple, already prominent figures within the racing community, made headlines last year when Driscoll accused Busch of strangling her and smashing her head into a wall during an argument.

GotAmmo
05-23-15, 11:03
If NASCAR cant even do right for America, then we're doomed for sure.

six8
05-23-15, 13:27
If NASCAR cant even do right for America, then we're doomed for sure.
NASCAR has nothing to do with it. Driscoll is scum.

SOWT
05-25-15, 12:42
Finding a decent charity is not that hard.

Special Operations Warrior Foundation is usually #1 or #2 on my to give to list every year.