PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo night sights?

81mmcat
05-24-15, 10:35
Any one using the ameriglo "classic" type of night sights. Thinking about putting a set on my sw shield and wondering about the quality of these.

MegademiC
05-24-15, 11:56
Ameriglo is highly regarded around here. I have the bight outlined front sight, first one was defective, but it was well documented online and fell within the time frame discussed. They replaced it no questions and new one has been 100% and I don't baby the things.

I would recommend the bright insert over the plain ones, but other than that, buy with confidence.

81mmcat
05-24-15, 14:27
Thanks I am going to try a set out

Vandal
05-24-15, 14:54
I have their CAP sights on my carry G19. I'll be buying more from them, very good pricing and a solid product.

jck397
05-24-15, 17:24
I have found them to be the most consistent as for the dots actually lining up. The 3 dot Spartan Tacticals with orange on the front are my go-to sights. I just wish they had more options for HK...

SiGfever
05-24-15, 20:42
I have the ProGlo orange ringed front and the Pro operator rear on my G19 (green/green) and run the Pro IDot lime ringed front and yellow rear on my G26. The G26 setup is my favorite combination that I have ever had, very quick to acquire in different lighting and background situations.

samuse
05-24-15, 21:26
They're good to go. I like the classic arrangement just fine, especially with yellow rear dots/green front.

If you ever have a problem, Rick will fix you up...

TSorrell
05-24-15, 22:23
Personally, I'd stick with the Classic Sights. I had a set on a work gun for several years and they were great. I haven't had good luck with the Pro-Glo front sights. In my experience, the inserts don't hold up to high volume shooting. I had a set of the Spartan sights on a Glock 19. The sight picture was great but the round insert popped out during a range session. Ameriglo customer service is top notch. They replaced the front sight quickly but the insert on the new sight also popped out. Again, Ameriglo was quick to replace it with a front sight with the square insert. It popped out about four weeks ago. The sights are still usable without the insert but it was disappointing because it's such a great sight picture with the orange insert.

This occurred over a two year time span on a gun that gets a lot of use. You might have better luck than I did if you go with the Pro-Glo set up but if
you stick with the Classic Set, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

JaegerOne
05-25-15, 00:16
I use AmeriGlo Pro i-dot & HACK.

signal4l
05-25-15, 08:49
I have 5 sets on various guns.

The current sights seem better made than the old ones. I havnt had any inserts pop out. I called Ameriglo a while ago and was told they had some issues getting paint to stick to the melonited surfaces. They seem to have sorted this out.

I wouldnt install sights that don't have that type of finish. I seem to bang my rear sight on a lot of stuff

plouffedaddy
05-25-15, 09:07
I have the I Dot Pros on my Shield and love them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorfflWk7eE

Leonidas24
05-25-15, 13:55
I've used i-dot pro's on my M&Ps since 2011 and various others on guns that I've bought and sold over the years. There's been issues within the past couple of years with heat treat on some of the sights I've installed for customers where the front sight would "fold" over on itself when I tried to install it using a sight press. Ameriglo's been really responsive to get us a replacement sight quickly without asking a dozen questions or asking us to send the bad one in first.

BatteryOperated
05-25-15, 15:21
I use the Ameriglo Hackathorn style ProGlo orange front, with the GL-405PRA U-shaped rear. They are inexpensive as compared to other brands, but I find them accurate enough for my needs.

drtywk
05-25-15, 15:48
I run Hack's on all of my Glocks, except for my 17 with RDS. The orange ring really aids in target acquisition and sight alignment.

JaegerOne
05-25-15, 16:16
I run Hack's on all of my Glocks, except for my 17 with RDS. The orange ring really aids in target acquisition and sight alignment.

I have both the orange and limegreen Hacks. To me, the limegreen stands out better.

tuck
05-25-15, 19:16
I have the I Dot Pros on my Shield and love them:

I've got them on my duty G22, and also love them. I wish they made the I Dot Pros for the HK USP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiGfever
05-25-15, 20:42
I've got them on my duty G22, and also love them. I wish they made the I Dot Pros for the HK USP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too and I would have them on my USPc. I had to take what I could get which was Meps, but at least they are green front/yellow rear.

Etho
05-25-15, 21:06
Used their I-Dots for a while on my 17. Got tired of the dot/dot set up as I wasn't as accurate as with 3 dots. Used their 3 dots when I swapped them.

Ron3
05-26-15, 00:29
Yup. I run the .123 square Lime Green TCAP small vial Tritium up front and a "classic" black .130 rear on a couple Glocks.

I've been happy with them.

Straight Shooter
05-26-15, 05:42
Ameriglo CAP sights on my G17 & G41. Love em.

Jpoe88
05-26-15, 22:48
I have their CAP sights on my carry G19. I'll be buying more from them, very good pricing and a solid product.

Looking to add to my xd. They are steel correct? I'm sure they are, just verifying from a user. I tend to rack my slide "tacticooly" at times

jck397
05-26-15, 22:51
They are steel, and I belive that starting a few years ago they are melonited

Jpoe88
05-26-15, 22:55
Excellent. Hope this helps the OP as well! I'll order my set in the AM